Clubplanet Nightlife Community

nic who?

who the fuk is nic fanciulli? wait i know, he made some cd that sold a few copies now he's the greatest thing since rolling paper...jus ticked off on how easliy these import djs get sold to us...but we buy them.. so i guess we are to blame...

if anything bill patrick should headline and fancucci should open..show the local some friggin respect! i KNOW if the same amount of energy and promotion was focused on local djs they would pull just as many heads and probably more...

who the fuk is nic fanciulli? wait i know, he made some cd that sold a few copies now he's the greatest thing since rolling paper...jus ticked off on how easliy these import djs get sold to us...but we buy them.. so i guess we are to blame...

if anything bill patrick should headline and fancucci should open..show the local some friggin respect! i KNOW if the same amount of energy and promotion was focused on local djs they would pull just as many heads and probably more...

:laugh: your an idiot.

he's actually one half of skylark, don't remember the other guy's name. he also goes under the buick project when doing remixes on his own. they've been responsible for a ton of them last year, probably the most recognizeable is their remix of tear for fear's shout. great track! and he's actually pretty big in the uk as far as i know.

btw if anyone else listens to radio1, david guetta's essential mix from last week is ridiculous, check it out.

I missed out on seeing him at Cielo last year, but was gutted. IMO he is one of the best djs in the UK at the moment. I haven't had the pleasure of hearing him live yet, but everytime I have heard a set on the radio (his Essential Mix, Homelands and Ibiza sets in particular) he has been unbelievable.

All his remixes as part of Skylark have been fantastic aswell and if people don't open their eyes and ears to rising talent such as this, then NY is going to be stuck listening to same old shit for years to come.

I was surprised to see him headlining such an event over here, but as ovrdose says, do a bit of research mtmartin and Keith and you'll find that he is one of the most respected djs amongst other djs back in the UK.

And Ovrdose - definitely agree, David Guetta's essential mix from last week is very pleasant indeed. You should check out the sets from the Tsunami disaster fund event last week, also on the BBC site if you haven't already.

I missed out on seeing him at Cielo last year, but was gutted. IMO he is one of the best djs in the UK at the moment. I haven't had the pleasure of hearing him live yet, but everytime I have heard a set on the radio (his Essential Mix, Homelands and Ibiza sets in particular) he has been unbelievable.

All his remixes as part of Skylark have been fantastic aswell and if people don't open their eyes and ears to rising talent such as this, then NY is going to be stuck listening to same old shit for years to come.

I was surprised to see him headlining such an event over here, but as ovrdose says, do a bit of research mtmartin and Keith and you'll find that he is one of the most respected djs amongst other djs back in the UK.

And Ovrdose - definitely agree, David Guetta's essential mix from last week is very pleasant indeed. You should check out the sets from the Tsunami disaster fund event last week, also on the BBC site if you haven't already.

good points Mockett. i've fallen in love with nic fanciulli's music since i first heard his Radio 1 essential mix live @ cream at amnesia this past summer. it was fanciulli, oakie, seb fontaine, and eddie halliwell, and IMO fanciulli blew the others' sets away. PM me if you wanna rip the set. he's definitely a big up-and-comer right now coming out of europe...i loved his Skylark remixes on the Behrouz ibiza cd...

Sometimes the smaller name DJs actually outperform the big name guys

He's not really a small name. He just hasn't had much exposure here in the states. He's blowing up in Europe. Even Danny T thinks Fanciulli is the next big thing. He's got an immense amount of talent. I think it's only a matter of time before he's considered one of the best.

good points Mockett. i've fallen in love with nic fanciulli's music since i first heard his Radio 1 essential mix live @ cream at amnesia this past summer. it was fanciulli, oakie, seb fontaine, and eddie halliwell, and IMO fanciulli blew the others' sets away. PM me if you wanna rip the set. he's definitely a big up-and-comer right now coming out of europe...i loved his Skylark remixes on the Behrouz ibiza cd...

Cheers fratpat - I heard his Ibiza set and agree wholeheartedly - absolutely blew them away!

Since moving over here all I seem to hear is Danny T, Roger S that - no disrespect whatsoever to them at all, but there are other djs in the world.

I saw Roger Sanchez last year when I had just arrived in the US and had a blinding night, but compared to some of nights I have had out in London and the one time I made it to Ibiza, IMO NY hasn't really compared yet (apart from Morillo @ Thanksgiving).

People need to move on and try something new - for anybody with an open mind and a love of good house music, I'd make sure you get a ticket or get in line for Nic Fanciulli, as he won't disappoint. For those of you aren't sure what he sounds like check out the sklark remix of A'Studio - SOS, and in fact anything else that Sklark have done.

I can see from the various posts that there is likely to be a few more than Keith's estimate of 15 people there, and I for one am most looking forward to it.

he is awesome but let's cut this kid some slack, if you don't spin or pay a lot of attention to producers then he's not a name that's on the tip of the tongue if you just go out.

Fair enough Bassboy, but by the same token, people shouldn't just slag off djs just because they haven't heard them. If he didn't like his style or sets, then fair play, everyone has an opinion, and those differences is what breeds change.

However when he comes out with shit like "show the local some respect", then you've got expect a response.

As many people on this board have said, if he had just done a touch of research (apart from checking out Amazon's cd collection) he might have found out a little more and maybe even liked what he heard?!

Im split both ways on this post, cause i do seem to see people sometimes give more love to import than their own backyard. Some of those imports deserve it some dont. I think also to many people tend associate a great track made by a certain PRODUCER, PRODCUTION TEAM with being a great dj. Theres lots of great djs that are terrible producers and lots of great producers that are terrible djs. And then once a SONG gets popular or regonition suddenly they become A HOT HOT DJ out of nowhjere.Best example of this is 1998 and tehn 1999 with DJ CHESSIESTOS (tiesto). He might be a good dj for his GENRE but the greatest PLEASE. Nic gets my respect so far although ive yet to hear him live.I'll use JAMES HOLDEN as an example hes very young like 22 or 23 i think maybe younger. Now do you really think hes better than alot of djs out there with more experience and who may not produce music as well? I liked him and thought he was good at cielo but i wont go and says hes in the top 10 in the world or some nonsense like that. Maybe in 10 or 15 yrs fine lets hope he lasts that long.

Good balanced post Silverbull.

I too couldn't put Fanciulli in the top 10 yet, as I haven't heard him live, but he plays the sort of music I like and that's what matters most to me when I'm out and about. Though I have heard his sets on the radio and think he definitely falls into the category of a dj who can also produce, rather than one or the other.