Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sound Factory Re-Opens, from NYDN

now not to contradict my last statement

too late, you just did...you just negated whatever sense you were trying to make by adding in your wise ass opinion at the end which makes you no better than me

either way, this thread wasn't suppose to be about JP vs. Junior...it's about NY's best nightclub ever reopening :bounce:

a few more months bitches!!!!! I hope they bring back Paris to do the door to make it feel like the old SF...that shit would be crazy!!!!

too late, you just did...you just negated whatever sense you were trying to make by adding in your wise ass opinion at the end which makes you no better than me

either way, this thread wasn't suppose to be about JP vs. Junior...it's about NY's best nightclub ever reopening :bounce:

a few more months bitches!!!!! I hope they bring back Paris to do the door to make it feel like the old SF...that shit would be crazy!!!!

HOLLLA!

haha

Your little Hopes n dreams will be killed Real soon,

This place wont even look like the SF did, let alone carry any Vibe That that place had in it

And i also hear its gonna be VERY GAY!!

ha :bounce:

agreed...up until the whole paris thing.....

its overrrrrr...what is it gonna take for people to realize thats sf is done...618 w 46 is just a building now...its gonna be a new club with a beginning......

is avalon anything remotely close to limelight-??? no chance

spirit to twilo? not even close

did all the old twilo heads run to spirit the day it opened in hopes that it would be like the old days? NO

shit changes...wake up people

SF the house that JP built on 46th street. SOUNDFACTORY(the original one and the reason the name was taken uptown)was the house that JUNIOR BUILT on 27th street.

True...but we must give big props to the Legendary Keith Haring,he found that spot,and it is he that pressured Richard Grant into hiring Junior.

True...but we must give big props to the Legendary Keith Haring,he found that spot,and it is he that pressured Richard Grant into hiring Junior.
Junior was asked if he could take any 2 people out to dinner with him who would it be?He replied "my Mother and Keith Harring"Junior and Keith were very close.By the way Keith Harring died in 1990 while the sf on 27th street was in full effect until its closing in 95.Here, go here...

http://www.haring.com/

Ps this image look familiar to anyone?it is linked to a Legendary NyC club....

Yea I did disregard what Junior did before SOUNDFACTORY on 46th only because I didnt live during that era...If I would have lived during that time I probably would have commented differently...As for your comment on respect for the underground I do respect dj's for their work if I have a good time when I hear them spin, or if they produce great tracks that I dont get sik of hearing over and over again......................

Bottom line is you wont get me to give props to dj's I didnt hear live, or dj's that dont mix the types of music that I like..Call it disrespect if you want but I dont need to know the history of the clubscene in order to appreciate what Im expieriencing now..The music is here now, theres great dj's in NYC, and the scene isnt going anywhere anytime soon...O yea and since you brought up DANNY TENAGLIA hes the best hands down in NYC...I said that JP was the best IN SOUNDFACTORYwhen he was there....

Well said Copa, in a mature manner...thought I should give support to a Jersey son hehe

I believe copa's post is the reason why elementX created his initial post in the first place

Instead of living on what something was. Why don't you all open yourselves to what is to come...

So many people in this city are stuck on the past. And leave little hope for futures because people are so stuck on old memories.

It's a new time in NYC. A ton of things have changed since TWILO, SOUNDFACTORY 27th Street, The TUNNEL, PALLADIUM, Etc.. Etc... The vibes, the parties, drugs, musical tastes for some. It has all changed.

A word to many people. There was a time when you liked a certain type of music. So why critique what others think is good music. We were all young, and we all had a first experience, we all had a time when harder faster music was our thing and getting fucked up was second nature. It all depends on who introduced you to the scene and the type of music that turned you onto the scene. Then you grow a little older and get introduced to new things, new meanings, new tastes, new crowds, etc... So before you pass judgement onto the younger "newbies" give them a chance. I sound like an old man. But teach instead of abuse. It will make the nightlife here much better and less dramatized.

Great opening quote...best post I've read along with your follow up 2nd post!! Thank you-needed to be said...

Why compare old clubs and good old times to today. Just enjoy the clubs and music that exists now...In 2020, your going to hear how great AValon and Spirit are just like we've been hearing how great SF, twilo and limelight were...why be so negative about SF returning

...In 2020, your going to hear how great AValon and Spirit are

Actually you wont be hearing how great those clubs were by 2020, but you will still hear about PARADISE GARAGE,, LOFT, GALLERY, you will still hear about THE SAINT, FUNHOUSE you will still hear about LIMELIGHT,SHELTER, you will still hear about SOUNDFACTORY, you will still hear about VINYL, you will still hear about TUNNEL, TWILO. Avalon n spirit, centro fly, and others clubs form other eras will only be footnotes comepared to other clubs.

Actually you wont be hearing how great those clubs were by 2020, but you will still hear about PARADISE GARAGE,, LOFT, GALLERY, you will still hear about THE SAINT, FUNHOUSE you will still hear about LIMELIGHT,SHELTER, you will still hear about SOUNDFACTORY, you will still hear about VINYL, you will still hear about TUNNEL, TWILO. Avalon n spirit, centro fly, and others clubs form other eras will only be footnotes comepared to other clubs.

i think avalon is just too commercial and lacks originality. on the other hand, i think spirit has a huge potential. they just put an amazing sound system there (that's the first step to greatness) and it will be getting better and better with time. also, they have a great line up coming up: Peter Rauhofer, Victor Calderone, Junior Vasquez [his 10am-10pm parties are amazing], and (possibly) Joe Claussell [that would just seal the deal if you ask me].

Give it 1 years doing the right thing and we'll see. The only thing they still lacks (and that all big legendary ny club had) is afterhours. this might come later...

also, i'm getting tired of 2 things: the people saying "nothing will be as good as it was before" ; and those saying "no, no, never say how fierce it was before because it's the past"...saying how great some old clubs were does not mean that nothing will ever be good and we should just stay home with memories...wtf?

so if we were talking about art, it would be either i visit the m.e.t. museum OR the new chelsea galleries with today's art? since when can't i do both?

ah!

backupqueen

These clubs will probably still receive the recognition they got back when they existed in the year 2020. They will still be renown as well. Unfortunately because I didn't live in the city at the time nor was old enough to go to clubs like Paradise Garage, Loft, Gallery, the Saint, or Funhouse I can't really comment on the experiences at these great clubs. I can only go by someone's account who partied there or by watching a documentary on these clubs. I never went to the Old SF, Palladium, Limelight,Tunnel or Vinyl either therefore I can't really comment on what went on in these clubs I can only imagine what went down in these places. Shelter is still around right? The only clubs which I enjoyed in NYC and could talk about were Twilo and SF (Webster's Hall and Ikon are an afterthought compared to these two). Which brings me back to the main topic at hand: this new club. I think we should give it a chance first before we start picking it apart. If this club doesn't do well or takes a while to get off the ground a lot of people will be comparing it to SF on 46th St and saying how much better it was back then!! I have no doubt that's what people will be saying. We can reminisce about SF until we're blue in the face, but nothing will ever bring it back!! Change is good and hopefully this club will live up to the hype it will create, but IMO it will take a long time for it to duplicate the success the SF's theme parties created!! We shall soon find out!!