Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DT Review crobar

An incredible night as always thanks to DT...danny on his worst days still kills half the other dj's in the city on their best sets, in my humble opinion....It was great to see all my old friends that I havn't seen in weeks...Drew, Gabe, Alan - I miss hanging out with you guys, looks like my wifey is getting into the scene so you'll be seeing us around more often ;) djoner, elevatedflo it was a pleasure meeting you and hopefully we'll cross paths again soon....be good people, see you on april 15th!

Let me start off by saying that I had not seen DT live in 3 years, so I really didnt know what to expect, however, I went in with an open mind and I must say that -

The first 3 hours or so were simply amazing: great vibe and great music, but I would have liked to heard something more upbeat in the later hours to keep me goin...a little too chill for my taste

Crobar itself was too damn crowded; couldnt move nor dance, and I got some nasty cigarette burns :mad: It was a mixed crowd which was weird, but there were TOO MANY DRUNK RUDE GUYS... omg, I just wanted to chill and dance in what tiny space I had but I was busy dodging all these idiots who were all up in my grill.

Nonetheless we made the best of the night and it was truly a pleasure to finally meet Gabe (I kept seeing that giant light saber and thinking of you LOL) and the infamous Luztidara...I also got of kick outta the MASK imposters

left at 5:30 and called it an early night...overall it was good night

the light saber guy is actually someone i know thru the parties from vinly/arc thur the yrs and hes a good crazy dancer as well. I think he got his inspiration from this other guy from BODY N SOUL who is now at the 718 sessions as well, i could be wrong though. Im still excited bout the music and tmes i had at crobar wish i was there still but i could barely make it home it was a strggle leaving work. Missed my first 718 sessions party in 21 months because of dt@crobar. Yo mike glad to hear shes feeling the music and glad to see things goin good for ya. Cynstam21 looked like you and your friend were trying your best to find a spot to avoid certain peeps but there was no place to hide. Gotto see deepspell n company for a few mins then neva saw them again lol. APRIL 15th is a tough call for me now OSULADE@CIELO and DANNY T@SPIRIT.

this i thought was a great description of why danny t is the best dj in the world. It was bout the party last night :

"as dance trends come and go (the dark digweed-l.a. prog of 2001, the current electro bomb trend of now, the super prog house of the sasha-ibiza era.....) DT plays what he wants. DT will play a gayer house, a more soulful house, dark nasty dirty house, and even straight up trance.

He understands soul and bassline more then any other euro dj I've ever heard (with Howells coming in a far far distant 2nd place). When you're in the middle of a DT, you suddenly feel, "oh yes, this is New York house music." It's a history lesson. A "classic" for him is not Sander Kleinenberg - my lexicon, but some vocal from 1988 that I've probably never heard.

Maybe the more important reason why he is truly a master is his teasing. While Zabiela is scratching and making loop points, DT will actually tease a sample or sound effect for about 3-4 hours, before actually dropping the full track. Can you imagine, listening to a sample from a track you love, hear it teased for 4 hours, and then at 9 am, it finally drops, and everyone goes nuts? It's heaven. It's classy. He is simply not playing CDR after CDR of upfront prog/break/electro (whatever is trendy nowadays) production. It is a DT house music. The only NYs dj with his *own* sound who almost compare are Roger Sanchez and Hector Romero."

Yeah, the kimee, polski's, and i left avalon and got turned away at 5am.

i dont think any of you have even the slightest idea how pissed off i was. been waiting for this party for a very long time. i hope they post their names in the paper.

Please play again soon at crobar.

To be honest, I was pretty happy they stopped letting people in after the fight broke out. The place was so jammed it was a little uncomfortable. Anyway, by 7 the place started to clear out, and Danny really in my opinion took it to another level. Great buildups, mixed with some funky and some hard beats. Also a lot of room to dance. I swear to God, there was a period of about 2 hours that I would've sworn that I was in Vinyl. Stayed until 12 until my legs wouldn't work and my eyes couldn't stay open. A great night.

yeah, i got turned away too. : ( I was super bummed because I was looking forward to this night for a long time and I hadn't heard danny spin since Ikon. it was soooo frustrating seeing all these people leave and not be allowed to get in.

ask deepsmell...."flawless set"

so fucking pissed...i got your text...i was one of the people outside when the fight broke out at 4:30

i showed up with 3 girls and my cousin and one of the girls knew someone at the door who was going to let us right in, there was still a huge line. All of a sudden this huge fucking fight broke out right in front of us. i had to push the girls i was with back cause that shit was coming right to us...mad heads involved. at one point there was a girl on the floor in the middle of the street being dragged and kicked by a couple of guys. i felt so bad for her. cops were there one two three and were getting involved. they threw everyone off of the line and closed the entire block with in 5 minutes.

fucking sucked...i was having such a great night up until that point. my cousin and his girl who were fucked up (it was his birthday) decided they still wanted to stay out so they talked me into going to spirit even though i promised myself i would never step foot in that shit hole again. what a waste of $25...nothing but gay juice heads running around with no shirts. i swear i felt like there were maybe 3 girls in the entire place. we stayed for about 45 minutes and bounced

this i thought was a great description of why danny t is the best dj in the world. It was bout the party last night :

"as dance trends come and go (the dark digweed-l.a. prog of 2001, the current electro bomb trend of now, the super prog house of the sasha-ibiza era.....) DT plays what he wants. DT will play a gayer house, a more soulful house, dark nasty dirty house, and even straight up trance.

He understands soul and bassline more then any other euro dj I've ever heard (with Howells coming in a far far distant 2nd place). When you're in the middle of a DT, you suddenly feel, "oh yes, this is New York house music." It's a history lesson. A "classic" for him is not Sander Kleinenberg - my lexicon, but some vocal from 1988 that I've probably never heard.

Maybe the more important reason why he is truly a master is his teasing. While Zabiela is scratching and making loop points, DT will actually tease a sample or sound effect for about 3-4 hours, before actually dropping the full track. Can you imagine, listening to a sample from a track you love, hear it teased for 4 hours, and then at 9 am, it finally drops, and everyone goes nuts? It's heaven. It's classy. He is simply not playing CDR after CDR of upfront prog/break/electro (whatever is trendy nowadays) production. It is a DT house music. The only NYs dj with his *own* sound who almost compare are Roger Sanchez and Hector Romero."

:clap:

you forgot satoshi ;)

very late review. Got to crobar about 2:00am. walked right due already bought tickets and thank god friends at the door. dt was pretty good at first but i am not sure what time this was but dt stopped playing and started talking to the crowd. when he was done he tour that place up. i did not leave till 7:30. and crobar was still going strong. the new booth is real nice. i like that it is in front of you. it was real packed. but i spent most of my time upstairs in the vip room. alot of room and cool air all night. overall my friends and i had a great time. cant go into song lineup at work. anyway it was a great night. :bowdown:

he played this fucking Insane Acapella of a Deborah Cox song...forgot the name....def. was her early shit tho...

also did like a 15 min working of Nat Monday - Waiting (Creamer & K remix) that he put another ethereal male vocal over....

another highlight was Infusion - Girls can be cruel

and finally when he droped some remix of ''Elements'' that i never heard b4 i was like :jawdrop::bowdown:

This was my first time seeing DT and my first time in crobar. First off I would like to say Crobar is very nicely decorated inside compared to all the other rat holes I been going too giving it a great vibe. Danny T was incredible.

ditto. Hmm, I didn't know that there were fights that broke out? :what: but yeah, thank god they stopped letting people in. I was there from 11-6 and enjoyed the music very much so. There was no point where I wanted to stop or slow down from dancing. I was amped - I think I was just excited to be in that kind of atmosphere again (it's been a while).

Oh and i'm bummed :yuck: that I didn't get to meet any of u guys/gals. Was there a meet up or did u happen to just bump into each other? next time, I guess.

One thing that really bothered me was the smoke. I used to be a social smoker so I was surprised when I was so grossed out by the smoke. (I guess I'm just so used to the non-smoking in clubs/lounges now-a-days) Oh well.

ditto. Hmm, I didn't know that there were fights that broke out? :what: but yeah, thank god they stopped letting people in. I was there from 11-6 and enjoyed the music very much so. There was no point where I wanted to stop or slow down from dancing. I was amped - I think I was just excited to be in that kind of atmosphere again (it's been a while).

Oh and i'm bummed :yuck: that I didn't get to meet any of u guys/gals. Was there a meet up or did u happen to just bump into each other? next time, I guess.

One thing that really bothered me was the smoke. I used to be a social smoker so I was surprised when I was so grossed out by the smoke. (I guess I'm just so used to the non-smoking in clubs/lounges now-a-days) Oh well.

I was there at 4 tryin to get my last drink but some guys had ordered like 30 drinks and it was impossible at that point...it was so frustrating...anyhow I was behind the back bar most of the night and got to meet some peeps but was way too chaotic.

smokin in Crobar is soo annoying and I got the scars to prove it