Clubplanet Nightlife Community

let's see those motherfuckin wmc reviews!!!!

Not hot in the inside at all but the patio can be after 8 AM. There were a lot of dudes on the terrace with shirts off sweatin balls. Didn't notice the smell since I was fawked up. Just try it next year. Gotta be better than that JP party you went to. :yuck:

Man I got trashed at Willies on Thursday.

You guys can't drink for shit!, I'm a girl and had about 8 drinks at wet willies(feeling real nice) and all of you guys were saying how strong the drinks are and that I'll :vomit2: I think YOU said if I have 3 I'll go down....check out the "drink till you go down" thread few pages back that Mark posted lol.... Mark had 10 and he's falling all over the place..pussy!! haha.

I don't like those euro looking boys and I think all of them follow tiesto so that's why I stayed away but next year I'll definetly go to Space at least for one good nite...This one european dude was in warehouse Friday nite which is next to space and he goes to us " is this space" haha we're like nope I guess he was real ftup too lol.

DANNY motherfucking TENAGLIA showed every single dj out there how is it supposed to be done. Every single year he impresses me with his conference set...

DT - DJ VIBE = NUTZ

Couldn't agree with you more....

I haven't felt Danny's last few sets that I have heard in NY, but he proved to me, again, that he is my favorite dj in the world, last week.

"I am gonna play DJ Vibe's new track, because I think its good, and I still say that the vocal says; GIVE ME SOME SOUP!"

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

"I'd like to give a shout out to 8 more hours!"

I wanna go back.... :(

First time in SOBE and it was fun, nothing crazy shit is definitely over hyped alot of good looking people and ugly..dont believe the shit you see on tv lol.

All the ugly people were the tourists who wouldn't normally make it past the rope, but get in because its WMC

;)

but seriously, miami durring conference is totally different than it normally is. Some of it good, but most of it bad...............

It's getting worst each year. This will be my last one. Evertyhing is expensive, too much bs in clubs, too many people.

$7 bottle of water at club spin.

$60 tiesto at space, $20 parking, 1 1/2 hour in line, 20 min to get a drink, 20 min to reach the bathroom to find out you cannot fill up the water bottle. my got stepped a million times.

03/22 mauro picotto at space $40, sucked!!

03/23 armin at club spin, $50, awesome music.

03/25 pvd, ferry, seb fontaine at space I got so frustrated with the long line I went back to the hotel.

03/26 Ultra 7, $65, 40 min to get in, just stayed in spot from 6-12am to see ferry, oakenfold, junkie XL, tiesto and PVD.

I'd go back to WMC if I had VIP reservation in whatever club I go to.

sorry about your experience ... but there is a leson there ... SPACE treats people like shit and just wants your money!!! and Spin is just a place that Space opened just for WMC so they could make some more $$$

The best parties of WMC are usually the smaller ones

I unfortunately had to work through Thursday afternoon, so I ended up boarding a plane early Friday morning to have a few days of madness. First off could anyone have asked for better weather for the weekend?

Anyways, we hit deepa suenos (Free - Open Bar) Friday afternoon down at the Sagamore Hotel which turned out to be a very relaxed and groovin' venue. The sights and sounds were very relaxed and chill not to mention the Absolut open bars. We only stayed about 2 hours but it definitley was a really nice event. I took note that when we arrived which was maybe 4ish, the staff actually halted letting more people in. We were pleasantly surprised to find when we did make it to the pool area that the crowd was light and sociable. The atmosphere was controlled but in a way that let people mingle, eat and cocktail without it turning into a debaucle. The music was just what we needed to ease us through the late afternoon for what would transpire later on.

Moving on, the debaucle of the night turned out to be when we made the casual mistake of strolling down to "Nikki Beach." We arrived down there I have to say 7 or so and there were two lines. "Free" does mean free and the "Herd" desperately trying to get the attention to breeze on by the many gawkers that were in line was more than enough proof of my point. The crowd's roar was just madness standing outside trying to get in. It was really creating a buzz that I thought was totally without merit once we got through the doors.

Lying inside though was a total trash pit, with bottle piled around trees, with people sitting right in the middle of the filth that lay around them. The place was packed solid and people were getting nastier by the minute, mainly due to overwhelming amount of alcohol consumed combined with the heat. I will just say that the music was fantastic at first, but my partner and me thought there had to be something wrong with the sound system because it was defnitly not as loud as while we remained outside the venue. Turns out soon thereafter Pete Tong was announcing there was no problem but that law enforcement ordered them to turn it down or they were shutting it off. Total bummer since it was only maybe 9:30-10:00 and that party was supposed to continue well through the night. Taking that as our cue to leave, we headed out to get move on with our night.

Later we headed on over to Tribal Madness at Sobe Live ($25 at door), arriving just before midnight to hear Peter Zouk we definitely were anticipating a slammin' night. It was really a bummer there crowd was so scarce early on since he was really workin' the beats. I really was enjoying the venue, but with so few people I was not gonna burn myself out without being able to enjoy the surprises later on.

The venue itself inside, if you haven't experience it was nicely lit with a great long bar alongside the right side of the room with ample space to move freely about without disturbing the floor revelers. The dancefloor covered the other 3/4 of the floor with most of the sound system in the front and rear left corners or the floor. Behind and slightly above the floor was a VIP area and also the Bass boxes that the Gurls used to show off their hot boots and bods. The back rooms led to plush seating areas leaving yourself totally able to carry on conversation while also enjoying the filtering of the lurking beats out on the floor. Bathrooms were small but definitley clean and maintained.

Later on Behrouz came on which was apparrent but the total lack of vocals, lighting was finally being and the energy was finally starting to build. He was on I would say until about 2:00 when the place totally freakin exploded into a full on TILT.

Being my first time hearing Palash live I was really excited and the electricity in the room left me in somewhat of an awe. He worked the hell out of all of us, bustin out his new mix of "Pump Up the Jam" which had everybody hollering and I even saw a few boyz with hands in the air. By this time there was no more using the side walks as traveling space, it was now officially dance floor. Be Yourself, and so on and so forth, this party was jumpin and bumpin and groovin' all around. People were just crowding in and it really made for a fabulous night, albeit that it seemed to be a very strong majority of locals vs conference goers. I had to leave finally after much dismay at 4:30 since my legs were so cramped I couldnt even hop.

Thanks for werkin' the sweat out of me all Friday!

Personally...the best party I attended were the Deep Dish party at Space....I waited 4 hours in line...but I got in around 8am and didn't leave until 1pm.....the DJs were jumping with in the booth (ESPECIALLY Shahram)...they even had pizzas for the crowd....it was a great vibe !!!

The Radio 1 party at Nikki's was amazing also.......beautiful weather great music.......nice crowd....and nice VIP ;-)

Of course, I cannot leave out the Morillo party at Space.....I mean....even DJs like Tenaglia and Deep Dish showed up for Erick....that's definitely a sign of respect. As far as I am concerned, I like Morillo....but his music just sounds immature next to DT and DD.

Finally....the best piece of music I heard was the last 1h30 of Tenaglia's set at Ultra........it was soooo deeep....i mean....his music is simply INTELLIGENT.

It was my 2nd WMC...and I can't wait for the next one...seems to get better every year.

peace out

hey whats up all. just got back from miami, what a crazy ass weekend, thursday and friday are a complete blur... :clap2::clap2: ...it was cool meeting you frosty and your friend kieth....thats the most i ever drank at wetwillies had about 10 supermans ,call me a cab. neyyorker, and whatever else maria ordered for me...,{i wasn't kidding when i said drink till you go down} then went back for more on friday, then off to the clevlanader{got kicked out of there, and it wasnt my fault,,then to jp at warehouse....gotta say thou the jp pool party was sick especially that my boy from jersey had a cabanna so we chilled there, and also had backstage vip passes....hey maria thanks for everything this weekend, i had a great time hanging out with you{i wish you would have came to the pool party on saturday, would of had a blast.. with you and my friend{the bitch} jackie....lol

Finally....the best piece of music I heard was the last 1h30 of Tenaglia's set at Ultra........it was soooo deeep....i mean....his music is simply INTELLIGENT.

It was my 2nd WMC...and I can't wait for the next one...seems to get better every year.

peace out

damn i couldnt find his tent ..i was on the main stage for tiesto which was so bad i left..... Tiesto was really a let down but i did manage to see carl coxs tent until i went back for pvd which was awesome definatly a great way to end the show..place was goin nutz

started off the week with infusion/cataneo at spin...had a great time and was impressed with infusions well i guess infusion of rock and house.....wed night went to mansion for dj dan, BBB etc and again had a rocking time...nothing like some great house then went to space for morillo and can honestly say it was top 3 nights at a club i've ever had....1st time seeing him and what a vibe up there on the terrace....his music kept me moving all night and morning...defff will catch him next time in nyc......thursday went to the wet grooves party at the shelbourne and loved all the music again even okaenfold whom i had been disappointed with since 94-99....i don't think anything this week could have put me in a bad mood or make me hate any music...that night went to sky bar then space again for tiesto....i am not a tiesto fan at all and don't like any of his live sets ive downloaded or any other time ive seen him live but i truly enjoyed his set that night for some odd reason.....everyone was having a great time as well so don't know what's up with the previous posts....friday spent the day at nikki beach until 9pm and boy what a party...ive already listened to the essential mix 5 times since i've gotten back...fri night went to rumi and heard some local djs i think...sat was supposed to go to ultra but half my group did not want to go and the other half was at jp pool party...i hadnt slept at all since monday night so i took it easy went to the clevelander had some drinks and passed out....closed out the week with nikki beach sunday and heard some great techno and house...what an incredible week....deff going to do it up next yr again but since i got into umiami law school as a transfer the day i got back doesn't look like i even need to make a trip...see everyone next yr

I have to agree with most on this thread. It wasn't spectacular partly b/c of some of the mismanagement. Wetgrooves wouldn't allow anyone in regardless if you already paid after 5 or 6, and that was after Oakenfold & Lawrence were done anyways.

Nikki's line was so long, but we walked around back and some dude was letting people in through a fence, paid 10 bucks/head. But it was definitely worth it, b/c we would've never got in. But then at like 6 or so, the speakers go off, b/c of the essential mix? That was awful. Can't have a party without music. That happened again on Sunday night, so I bounced early.

PVD was a huge disappointment, worst set of the conference, but Ferry & Sander were solid. Edgar V was good too. There are a few tracks that I'll try to find now, but overall my highlights included getting Darude into Spin (the bouncers didn't know who he was) for Armin and congratulating Carl Cox on a great set. I'm beat today...going to need a week at least to recover.

Music wise, I liked last year better, but I was able to cover more parties this year...

Dope, dope, dope DJ sets at the Toes in the Sand party on Wednesday. Fantastic music!!! Progressive was the vibe of the day, and much needed at a tech- and house-heavy Conference week.

Pics here

Cheers especially to Naveen G, Samer, Habersham & Numinous, Deviant, Jondi & Spesh, and Tigerhook for going the extra mile with their sets....

Look for recordings to be aired on Proton and elsewhere.

Space on Saturday Deep Dish/Howells was a mission and a half getting in, we arrived at 5:30 after closing out carl cox, bad move, chaos outside, we gave up at 7am.

got a taxi back to the beach, slept for 20 mins, at 8:30am we were once again stood queuing outside space.

8:45 we were stood in the main room of space after paying $80 on the door each (even though we had guaranteed free entry after 2 nights with tables there)

Once in the main room, the door staff were not letting anyone onto the terrace, a $50 bribe later we were dancing in front of danny, puffy and paris.

I should have went to see DT @warehouse efen JP played some really hard techno shit which SUCKED. I had to ask few people is that really JP there grrr.

really?? I think that was the first night I actually liked JP, he didnt play a single vocal the whole set. Just hard banging tech-house, I finally understood why he has such a devout following. That set he played was straight evil, no other way to describe it. JP was like a demon behind that red deck, I stayed till 9am, I havent danced that hard in years. JP's style has a very ny attitude to it, I fuckin loved it.

-----"i wanna hear some american shit!!!"-----

really?? I think that was the first night I actually liked JP, he didnt play a single vocal the whole set. Just hard banging tech-house, I finally understood why he has such a devout following. That set he played was straight evil, no other way to describe it. JP was like a demon behind that red deck, I stayed till 9am, I havent danced that hard in years. JP's style has a very ny attitude to it, I fuckin loved it.

I like when JP plays vocals he rips that shit apart..but that nite at warehouse was just all tech shit that I wasn't feeling I dunno everything sounded pretty much the SAME...maybe cuz I was feeling cranky and really ftup plus it was HOT as hell couldn't breathe. Alot of people enjoyed his set and said it was the best they heard him play but those are the true JP heads and Im not one of them lol...I was in VIP and you get hooked up big time but still left around 7 AM..JP is a demon lol and warehouse SUCKS fix your fucken AC bitches!!!!

yea i mean im as far from a JP head as you can be, I used to seriously bad-mouth this guy and the crowd that goes to his parties, even earlier that same day i was talkin about how i never liked him, the only reason i went to warehouse that nite is cus they were charging 100 bucks at crobar for pvd/sander Glad i went to JP cus that night at warehouse he definitely converted me.

The club was whatever, i agree with you on that. I was sweating my ass off just standing by the bar. But once i got into the middle of the dance floor it was ALOT cooler. You stayed till 7am? I might of seen you, there werent too many people around then, i was wearing a green t shirt

yea i mean im as far from a JP head as you can be, I used to seriously bad-mouth this guy and the crowd that goes to his parties, even earlier that same day i was talkin about how i never liked him, the only reason i went to warehouse that nite is cus they were charging 100 bucks at crobar for pvd/sander Glad i went to JP cus that night at warehouse he definitely converted me.

The club was whatever, i agree with you on that. I was sweating my ass off just standing by the bar. But once i got into the middle of the dance floor it was ALOT cooler. You stayed till 7am? I might of seen you, there werent too many people around then, i was wearing a green t shirt

i should post cracked out pictures from that nite..no i was only in vip the whole nite and 7 AM was still packed.

you have any tracklistings from that night??

jp is always hit or miss... but it sounds like i missed out on a good time... i was down the block at pvd, i wish i could've traded spots... too much bs at pvd/ferry.. i think one of the more memorable sets was his set this halloween... very dark techno... he was going insane... i wish i knew those producers... can anyone hook a brother up??

hey whats up all. just got back from miami, what a crazy ass weekend, thursday and friday are a complete blur... :clap2::clap2: ...it was cool meeting you frosty and your friend kieth....thats the most i ever drank at wetwillies had about 10 supermans ,call me a cab. neyyorker, and whatever else maria ordered for me...,{i wasn't kidding when i said drink till you go down} then went back for more on friday, then off to the clevlanader{got kicked out of there, and it wasnt my fault,,then to jp at warehouse....gotta say thou the jp pool party was sick especially that my boy from jersey had a cabanna so we chilled there, and also had backstage vip passes....hey maria thanks for everything this weekend, i had a great time hanging out with you{i wish you would have came to the pool party on saturday, would of had a blast.. with you and my friend{the bitch} jackie....lol

Good to meet you Mark, don't let Frosty fool you I was pouring his drink into my cup after he had about 2, then I still had to slap him to keep him awake on the ride home.... What's up to Maria and That Quiet Girl With You, see you next time around

johnzy

Good to meet you Mark, don't let Frosty fool you I was pouring his drink into my cup after he had about 2, then I still had to slap him to keep him awake on the ride home.... What's up to Maria and That Quiet Girl With You, see you next time around

johnzy

HI KEITH :)

So did you have to babysit Frosty? haha...them two were gone

..the quiet girl is not so quiet that's my bitch Jackie..See you next year.

johnzy

hey whats up kieth, good meeting you, although i dont remember shit from that day, those drinks kicked my ass...