Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Internet Dating??

headpusher

I think its pretty lame, too...a lot of ppl who do date people that they meet through the Internet tend to ONLY date ppl they meet through the internet...is it really so impossible for them for meet somebody face to face?

Then again, there are the rare cases where it actually does work...one of my best friends met her boyfriend in a chat room, and they've been going out for like two years...lol but does the italianhotties aol chat room count? I think I've seen like 75% of those ppl in person just from living in queens..

:laugh:

actually i think its ok for people in the 40+ age group..

say a 50 year old guy who lost his wife..

then i think its fine,,

but if you are in your 20s and 30s and only get laid through people you meet online.. then you got issues and are a really beat individual

Yeah, definitely...like, what 22 yr old guy with a life is in the "I want to make a personal connection" chat room at 10 o'clock on a saturday night?

Messageboards are kinda different though...I know a lot of ppl from messageboards from going out, and its cool how you can meet different people and have a huge group when you go out...i wouldnt use them for dating, though..

recently i was talking to this chic at school...just randomly hitting on her...she seemed really shy so i just asked her, "how do you usually make friends" so she actually said "i use myspace.com" lol...i was shocked...believe it or not she actually preferred meeting ppl. thru the internet than in real life!! and she was pretty damn hot too...what a tragedy :(

but if you are in your 20s and 30s and only get laid through people you meet online.. then you got issues and are a really beat individual

Agreed. Most of the time its because they are too cheap and/or too lazy to spend the real time to go out and meet someone.

I met my best friend/current boyfriend from online 6 yrs ago.We both werent looking to date anyone from the internet,just hung out and now,5 yrs later were in a serious relationship.Almost 2 yrs.

I dont really agree w/ meeting ppl from online,but I also dont regret meeting my BF.

I've never done it and personally I'm a little apprehensive about meeting people from the internet...what if they're like a serial killer....or a pedophile...I dunno..different strokes for different folks

I'm not a big fan either, but you can meet a potential stalker or serial killer anywhere... They don't all just hang out online...

what about that commercial on tv ..I forget what it's called but they show a bunch of couples that met through this dating service....I think they're actors....but I dunno

seems kinda desperate to me

they must be hermits and never leave their homes if they have to get a wife or husband through a service like that

what about that commercial on tv ..I forget what it's called but they show a bunch of couples that met through this dating service....I think they're actors....but I dunno

seems kinda desperate to me

they must be hermits and never leave their homes if they have to get a wife or husband through a service like that

seriously though i know some ppl that have used eharmony and theyre together for over a year now...