Clubplanet Nightlife Community

who was the 1st House DJ you heard?

Guest onisakura

Saeed and Palash at the old Space. And its all been downhill since then.......

First time i stepped into the Space patio for afterhours (it was 8am) Ivano Bellini was playing Love at First Sight - Scumfrog Remix. How fitting. *lol* How was i to know that I would be a fixture in that patio for the next 2 years?

Yeah i was a late bloomer to the scene but boy did i make up for lost time.

heard where? On radio,cd, vinyl,club, tape,loft, reputation,etc.

First HOUSE club i was inside was CLUB EXPO in 1995 for what supposely was either merritt or corbett.

First time hearing house music was in 1989 with my brother and cousin providing the beats at home.

First time on the radio was also 1989 on 89.9 DJ DISCIPLE and guests

First tapes of house djs were junior vasquez at soundfactory, and david morales at RED ZONE.

First house djs whos reputation i heard about were RALPHI ROSARIO, TODD TERRY and FRANKIE KNUCKLES.

First record i fell in love with was FRANKIE KNUCKLES "TEARS" vocals by ROBERT OWENS with SATOSHI TOMIIE on keyboards. And also DJ EFX "I FEEL THE MAGIC"

first houes club was better days.1980

first dj was TEE SCOTT. 1980

you know what ive always been jealous of people from your era and age. Its that youve seen it grow from its small beggings into this massive worldwide culture. And ya have live thru the ALL THE GREAT CLUBS.

you know what ive always been jealous of people from your era and age. Its that youve seen it grow from its small beggings into this massive worldwide culture. And ya have live thru the ALL THE GREAT CLUBS.

Thank you.I plan on writing my memoirs about my life,growing up Gay and the party scene,be nice to have it published,have so much to tell.

The party scene back then was amazing,Junior Vasquez at Basline 1987,Larry Levan Paradise Garage 1980-87.

ehh first house cd i heard was bad boy bill vs. richard humpty vission "house connection 2" in 99

first club i ever went to was octagon in 99 when i was a mere 17.. it wasnt house but gonzo and xdream ripped it during a tagteam and spacegirl followed up... instantly fell in love with edm..

My first clubbing experiences with house music were in 1995: Junior Vasquez @Tunnel and Keoki @limelight.

The first House CD I owned was United DJs Of America Vol 4 mixed by David Morales and Frankie Knuckles (1995).

The first time I heard good electronica is Orbital's brown album in 1993 and my first electronica purchase was Trance Europe Express 1 - an amazing collection of tracks.

Gosh - I think it was at The Loft - on 3rd Street - the Mancuso brothers use to serve it up reallllllll good. That was about 20 years ago. Roger (1018), Louie Vega use to kill the Wednesday parties at Sound Factory Bar - I'm really going into my archives. David Morales at Redzone. Roman Ricardo at Melting Pot..... Gotta do some more thinking - it was truly some time ago. Still love the djs - still love the music - still love to DANCE!

i think the first dj's i heard in clubs were robbie tronco & other philly dj's at shampoo. but my first night out in nyc was at SF with luv & lodi on the decks...instantly fell in love with the "nyc sound".

as far as cd's, i'd say Oakenfold's Tranceport & Perfecto Presents another World...still amazing to this day (though i despise the man now).

my musical taste has evolved and expanded a lot since those days...everything from Exit Fridays to Shelter Saturdays at Vinyl....

The first DJ I remember seeing was George Acosta @ the Shadow Lounge in Miami...

As for CD's...

Carl Cox - F.A.C.T. 2 (1997)

John Digweed - GU Sydney (1998)

Danny Tenaglia - GU Athens (1998)

John Digweed - GU Hong Kong (1999)

Danny Tenaglia - GU London (2000)

Paul Oakenfold - Tranceport

Just to name a few...

went to limelight in the summer of '96 on a friday, then went regularly to vinyl fridays. don't know who was playing...

Oldtimer...i was at that party, it was ok. lol i remember the floor upstairs being really slippery.

went to limelight in the summer of '96 on a friday, then went regularly to vinyl fridays. don't know who was playing...

Oldtimer...i was at that party, it was ok. lol i remember the floor upstairs being really slippery.

werd... thanksgiving eve???

yeah i was upstairs a bit but i wasnt in to the music up there much... crazy first clubbing experience... i walk out at like 8:30-9 and i see floats going by...

Gosh - I think it was at The Loft - on 3rd Street - the Mancuso brothers use to serve it up reallllllll good. That was about 20 years ago. Roger (1018), Louie Vega use to kill the Wednesday parties at Sound Factory Bar - I'm really going into my archives. David Morales at Redzone. Roman Ricardo at Melting Pot..... Gotta do some more thinking - it was truly some time ago. Still love the djs - still love the music - still love to DANCE!

The Loft! my gosh! never been,but went after it was named the Choice,where I had some good times there,use to go there straight from work,which was at Studio 54,leaving the Choice in the afternoon,took me like forever to get home,which was like four blocks.....lol!

Dj Rob James at Freedom afterhours during the summer of 1997 or 98. The only real venue on Long Island at that time that was letting 16 and 17 year olds in with no id check or pat down.

The shit that went on in that place was indescribable. Some of the best times of my life (so far).

OMG that place was sick. It was like the most odd looking place on the outside, but inside was crazy. Like an old church or something, i could be wrong?

I can't remember a damn thing from that place, but i was there every weekend.