Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is Avalon Closing?!?!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just checked out Bad Boy Bill's site....cause he has a residency @ Avalon on the first Friday of each month. His schedule shows him playing in Germany on August 5th (first Friday of the month). So I guess this rumor may be true after all.

Avalon simply can not compete w/ the other megaclubs out there at the moment. The DJs that they've been booking lately simply don't draw the numbers that events like DT @ Spirit or Deep Dish @ Crobar do. The lease on that space is very high, and if you're not drawing big numbers of people who spend lots of money, then the business is doomed to failure.

Hopefully, someone will come along and reinvent this place. Install a better system, get some decent A/C in there, and book some great resident DJs. There's obviously a ton of potential.....guess we'll just have to see what the future brings.

Avalon simply can not compete w/ the other megaclubs out there at the moment. The DJs that they've been booking lately simply don't draw the numbers that events like DT @ Spirit or Deep Dish @ Crobar do. The lease on that space is very high, and if you're not drawing big numbers of people who spend lots of money, then the business is doomed to failure.

i dont think lineups are an issue.

thier lineups were very impressive....i just think a lot of people hated the club itself. look at the responses in this thread: not a lot of grief at all.

with that kind of environment, it doesnt matter what the lineups are.

i cant't say too much ...cuase I am not supposed to :splat: but I gotta respect it..

yes it is true..

but don't belive any of the rumors...there is something in the works..

and it is nto closing for the reasons you all prob suspect....club has been doing fine

very annoyed at this ..cuase I been workign hard @ spiderclub...

Avalon WILL be closing in 2-3 weeks right before the JP part July 29th... now you ask what will happen to that party... well the club is gonna pull some sheisty moves and not tell anyone about what they're doing and last minute change it to Spirit... So it will be called Avalon @ Spirit... the club is expecting a few coach buses to be leaving Avalon to go to Spirit... the reason for this is that Avalon simply cannot generate enough money to maintain themselves the lease is extremely expensive and pay for the Avalon name... Also there was another partner who bought into the club a few months ago which means they need someone to split the expenses with them cause they weren't making enough money... I'm sure some rich bastard will jump on the opportunity to own the infamous "Limelight"... so we will see what the future brings us lol

As for the SF space it will be named Pacha and Morillo will have a part in it.