Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is Avalon Closing?!?!

Avalon WILL be closing in 2-3 weeks right before the JP part July 29th... now you ask what will happen to that party... well the club is gonna pull some sheisty moves and not tell anyone about what they're doing and last minute change it to Spirit... So it will be called Avalon @ Spirit... the club is expecting a few coach buses to be leaving Avalon to go to Spirit... the reason for this is that Avalon simply cannot generate enough money to maintain themselves the lease is extremely expensive and pay for the Avalon name... Also there was another partner who bought into the club a few months ago which means they need someone to split the expenses with them cause they weren't making enough money... I'm sure some rich bastard will jump on the opportunity to own the infamous "Limelight"... so we will see what the future brings us lol

As for the SF space it will be named Pacha and Morillo will have a part in it.

GAH!!!!!

this makes my brain hurt. :(

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the building is cursed... nothing stays in there for too long.

Eh? Wasn't Limelight there for ages before some Einstein decided to call it Avalon?

The building's amazing, I mean a church?! Where else would you rather have the weekly debauchery?

Having said that, Avalon was a waste, the crowd was just a little above Webster Hall, and that doesn't say much.

i cant't say too much ...cuase I am not supposed to :splat: but I gotta respect it..

yes it is true..

but don't belive any of the rumors...there is something in the works..

and it is nto closing for the reasons you all prob suspect....club has been doing fine

very annoyed at this ..cuase I been workign hard @ spiderclub...

I have never gone to Avalon, but everyone's told me that this club was at it's peak when it was Limelight back in the early 90's. Since then it hasn't been the same. I don't think as many people go to Avalon as they do Crobar or Spirit. The dancefloor is pretty small at Avalon from what I've heard. I guess the crowd is that great either? Having a club in a church is just unheard of these days so some how I have a feeling it will survive, but the question will be will whoever becomes the new owner improve the number of people who go to Avalon on a daily basis. Will people start going to Avalon more often or will Crobar and Spirit still bring in more heads than Avalon?

Word up Jon Paul!! How's it going? Where are you working now? PM me when you get a chance!!

Haha Gatien isn't even allowed in this country

I was just about to say that LOL....

and for "klubbheadsor" you posted about something you know zero about which is Avalon (you never even been there for crying out loud) everything is from what you heard in the street anyways whatever your a moron... AND Spirit doesn't really pack out as much as Crobar does and in he past couple of months Avalon brings in way more people than Spirit excluding the DT and other Made nights... Avalon is bringing their clientele to Spirit and Spirit could use the help

I was just about to say that LOL....

and for "klubbheadsor" you posted about something you know zero about which is Avalon everything is from what you heard in the street anyways whatever... AND Spirit doesn't really pack out as much as Crobar does and in he past couple of months Avalon brings in way more people than Spirit excluding the DT and other Made nights... Avalon is bringing they're clientele to Spirit and Spirit could use the help

I'm sure Crobar brings in more than Spirit does, but if Spirit was doing that poorly then why is it still open and Avalon closing? If Avalon is packed week in and week out then why is it closing? Is going to be renovated? NO!! It's got to be about the number of heads that go there week in and week out. What else could it be? Please elighten me since you know so much!! Plus I'm pretty sure that according to you Avalon is better now than it was when it was Limelight. Get a clue!! I doubt you were around when it was Limelight so what do you know? The word on the street does count for something!! I think you need to get your facts straight!!

I'm sure Crobar brings in more than Spirit does, but if Spirit was doing that poorly then why is it still open and Avalon closing? If Avalon is packed week in and week out then why is it closing? Is going to be renovated? NO!! It's got to be about the number of heads that go there week in and week out. What else could it be? Please elighten me since you know so much!! Plus I'm pretty sure that according to you Avalon is better now than it was when it was Limelight. Get a clue!! I doubt you were around when it was Limelight so what do you know? The word on the street does count for something!! I think you need to get your facts straight!!

Ok smartass... Avalon's lease is very expensive so thats the main reason why they're closing/selling. Also, Avalon is 18+ so the amount of underaged is more than actual 21 year olds and buy drinks. So their bar isnt doing that well either. Avalon is packed with younger people looking to go out so i guess the $25 admission isn't enough for them to stay in business. I'm not implying that I know everything, but I think I know a little more than you since you have never been there. And No im not an Avalon fan and I have been to Limelight many times. And another thing Avalon and Spirit will be working together in the near future (JP party most likely).

Yes it's official. Avalon is closing the famous "Limelight" 6th ave location

on July 24th. They will be opening again at Spirit july 28th

under the name "Avalon at Spirit".

Spirit's space, but all avalon's DJs and people running the show.

what's kind of funny is how the new "avaland" saturdays at spirit will replace peter rauhoffers gay night "work". Peter left roxy for spirit and screwed John Blair... But looks like JB got the upper hand in this one. I wonder if they will go back to roxy?

Also there has been nothing about what the former Avalon space will be.. for all we know it could be turning back into a church!

Interesting stuff going on in clubland...

I am referring to after limelight closed… I took communion every Tuesday… But do you remember how many times it closed and re-opened and then closed for a while then opened only to be closed? (D.T. did some sort of party) Then they made the horrible decision to “revamp†the whole building and Avalon came. I think it was the Giger room that did it initially.(One of my favorite artist, but nevertheless) Remember how that was a VIP room? Soon after they put all the Giger display, the place closed down…again and again and again.

Eh? Wasn't Limelight there for ages before some Einstein decided to call it Avalon?

The building's amazing, I mean a church?! Where else would you rather have the weekly debauchery?

Having said that, Avalon was a waste, the crowd was just a little above Webster Hall, and that doesn't say much.

Yes it's official. Avalon is closing the famous "Limelight" 6th ave location

on July 24th. They will be opening again at Spirit july 28th

under the name "Avalon at Spirit".

Spirit's space, but all avalon's DJs and people running the show.

does that mean no more Made events?

I am referring to after limelight closed… I took communion every Tuesday… But do you remember how many times it closed and re-opened and then closed for a while then opened only to be closed? (D.T. did some sort of party) Then they made the horrible decision to “revamp†the whole building and Avalon came. I think it was the Giger room that did it initially.(One of my favorite artist, but nevertheless) Remember how that was a VIP room? Soon after they put all the Giger display, the place closed down…again and again and again.

Yeah, I just don't understand why they turned the most original space in nyc into the usual club with the clean-vip room, and all this white, ... can they come up with something original and that make sense in _this particular space_ ; not a pre-packaged version of what a "club" is? This is nyc, not Miami!

I couldn't agree with you more. I went for the reopening of Avalon and stayed there for 2 hours. That place makes you wanna :vomit2:

All that fucking white rooms and walk through bathrooms and faux futuristic rooms. They raped the old Church out of its beauty. They made it look like a hospital for crackheads.

I say, let it rest and reopen it looking like a church. Also, sandblast that facade, it looks disgusting when you walk by it during daytime.

Thank God for the good memories.

DC