Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Avalon's owner: "We're not closing. We're not moving."

I dont think my comment will be posted so I posted it here too

Only the people who brought in the DJ's moved over to Spirit. Thus the lineups that used to be at Avalon are now at Spirit. The majority of the people who went to Avalon, will still go to Avalon. The (majority) crowd they attract go JUST to go OUT. They havent got a clue of the talent that was presented to them. The people who followed the DJ's will move to Spirit.

Avalon if they want to stay open as a club (IMO) need to bring in NEW exciting talent. I mean how long can they live off of DJ's like Tony Draper? They need big names to attract the big crowds. Local talent can only take you so far.

One more thing they should take a look is their staff,they have ALOT of SHADY people that work there. They have NO clue how to treat people with any respect. We are the ones spending our hard earned money to keep the place open and to be man-handled and physically abused by staff is and should NOT be acceptable.

I dont think my comment will be posted so I posted it here too

Only the people who brought in the DJ's moved over to Spirit. Thus the lineups that used to be at Avalon are now at Spirit. The majority of the people who went to Avalon, will still go to Avalon. The (majority) crowd they attract go JUST to go OUT. They havent got a clue of the talent that was presented to them. The people who followed the DJ's will move to Spirit.

Avalon if they want to stay open as a club (IMO) need to bring in NEW exciting talent. I mean how long can they live off of DJ's like Tony Draper? They need big names to attract the big crowds. Local talent can only take you so far.

One more thing they should take a look is their staff,they have ALOT of SHADY people that work there. They have NO clue how to treat people with any respect. We are the ones spending our hard earned money to keep the place open and to be man-handled and physically abused by staff is and should NOT be acceptable.

I agree. I think Avalon has so much potential as a venue. Its gonna be hard to compete with the lineups coming into Crobar and Spirit, but if they bring in unique lineups, they can make a cool place.

I heard Armand will be at Avalon and not spirit afterall....can someone confirm

I agree with who said it ...the club has lots of potential, and will be undergoing major changes as they pump more money into it to achieve that

our line up as of now for AUG . is pretty much local till we get situated.

this week - lee and cabrera (rob james) / Louie corrales in spiderclub

12th - chris asta and crew / shawn ink & Steve Phych in Spiderclub

19th - jason ojeda & ?????????? ( not confirmed yet) / Rik santiago in Spiderlcub

26th - Mike Whitemore & Louie Corrales / Shawnk Ink (kartoonland anniversary party in spider.

DRASTIC - will continue as the Hip Hop chapel resident.....as always that party rocks and needs to change.

we have lots of DJ's that want to stay with AVALON...many who were with the club for long periods of time and do not care if the people who left, left...

so stay tuned...and check us out when you can ..

jonpaul

trust us entertainment

I agree. I think Avalon has so much potential as a venue. Its gonna be hard to compete with the lineups coming into Crobar and Spirit, but if they bring in unique lineups, they can make a cool place.

it's very hard to compete, esp since crobar has the bank roll to pay DJ's and people would give thier left arm to spint there...

but we are much smaller venue so we can get away with good local up and comings and hold some weight ...

using that occasional banger.....

That looks like a horrible lineup and feels just like right before exit went under.

Look at the major talent that avalon used to get from all over the world, and now you are gonna replace them with a bunch of NYC internet radio DJ's??????

IMHO avalon is now at spirit. Thats where the talent and resources seem to be.

The only thing that stayed at the old avalon are the crappy dj's and crappy promoters.

That looks like a horrible lineup and feels just like right before exit went under.

Look at the major talent that avalon used to get from all over the world, and now you are gonna replace them with a bunch of NYC internet radio DJ's??????

IMHO avalon is now at spirit. Thats where the talent and resources seem to be.

The only thing that stayed at the old avalon are the crappy dj's and crappy promoters.

if you READ what i wrote...I said we are using local talent till we get situated..

lots of shit got fucked up with new management and stuff, so till things are worked out...this is how it will be.