Clubplanet Nightlife Community

pvd what a night!!!

REALLY? That was lamest part of the night. Got there at 4pm to find there were will-call only tickets. Me and about 500+ others were turned away, only to hear the set from just beyond the fence. I have to say, I wasn't inside, but the crowd out in the courtyard had free reign to do what we wanted. Guys playing w/ fire, bums selling beer. It was great.

It was unfortunate that I met people who traveled from Italy, New Zealand, and even Russia, that couldn't get in b/c people didn't have the forsight to know how many heads PVD draws.

Last year it poured for the entire set and that kept people away and tickets were easy to come by. This year, people heard how good it was last year and the weather was good so...bottom line is, the great lawn would have been a better choice and would have made more $$$.

All those who got to hear PVD for free would have easily paid $40+ to get in. Promoters should wise up, they would benefit in the end.

What a great time! I even got crazy enough to jump over the rail (wanted PVD to sign my prayer flags lol), made out with a random girl I was dancing next to, AND the camera guy... lost my sandals and walked out of Central Park barefoot! PVD always brings out the best in me! Enjoy the pics, I'm also putting together a hot video montage from the event-will share when finished.

pvd2.jpg

grils.jpg

pvd.jpg

crowd3.jpg

crowd.jpg

crowd2.jpg

the place was sold out, so no, there wasn't too many people spinning on their heads in front of the stage, all you could do there was jump and fist pump, but i've seen planty of people dancing on the sides, and wherever there was some room

took some pictures too, but don't know how to post them, so i won't

:biggrin:

like i said on another messageboard, did it look like this:

http://www.soulsummitmusic.com/video/video2.htm

Or was it just people staring at the dj the whole time while fist pumping.

I honestly wish you would go fuck yourself!

Think twice before you want to rain on someone's parade.

If someone wants to stand there with a beer in hand and bob their head, dance like a loon, spin glowsticks, stand there and ponder in deep thought, or whatever who cares they paid 40 dollars they are intitled to do whatever the fuck they please as far as I know we still live in a democratic society.

People dont let silverbull the Club Nazi tell you otherwise, go out and do as you please!

I was there yesterday, I had a great time and so did a few thousand other people. Thats all that matters to me!

I honestly wish you would go fuck yourself!

Think twice before you want to rain on someone's parade.

If someone wants to stand there with a beer in hand and bob their head, dance like a loon, spin glowsticks, stand there and ponder in deep thought, or whatever who cares they paid 40 dollars they are intitled to do whatever the fuck they please as far as I know we still live in a democratic society.

People dont let silverbull the Club Nazi tell you otherwise, go out and do as you please!

I was there yesterday, I had a great time and so did a few thousand other people. Thats all that matters to me!

I second that.....PVD was insane and the thing that Silver posted wasn't anywhere close to what PVD brought to Central yesterday

The people were okay gabe, but the set was too much typical trance for me. PVD does cool shit sometimes like when he followed sasha last year at crobar on that random free tuesday. Last night though was a little too typical-I didn't need to hear "for an angel" as one of the last tracks. :blank:

"Blue Monday" was cool though. PVD is still something better than all the other big trance DJs. Too bad he went to Miami for the prime hours last night.

first, as someone who likes seeing all the big name dj's, but cant stand the chlostorphobia and the crowds, central park, ultra miami, bora-bora ibizia, and nikki beach miami, are the only places i can enjoy the show. Made did a great job, light show was fantastic, sound was excellent, im not a sound expert like alot of you guys here, but to me it sounded great, loud enough to enjoy, but not a bass kill like most clubs. Summerstage folks have got to get the bathroom situation worked out, im a guy so i just whip it out and take care of buisness, but the ladies waiting 30 minutes, holy shit. PVD did a great job, started and finished strong, aliitle bland in the middle, but so what it gave everyone a chance to refill on the beer. PVD really seemed into it, but the heat was getting to him and us, otherwise great time, good mix of people, juiceheads, bridge and tunnel, gay, househeads,ravers, hot chicks, slobs, almost like old SF. I did not see any anger or fights which is always refreshing. Hopefully ultra-NY can do as good a job, glad PVD sold out so they keep on doing events for us old folks who hate crowds

master of ceremony and a musical genius. he was so much better than Crobar earlier this summer and remided me of Ibiza last year when he shredded Amnesia to tiny little pieces.

I had a friend in from Khazakstan and she was amazed. I was so wet it looked like I jumped in a pool.

As usual, the best show of the summer in NYC and not only because of him but the whole outdoor scene is the best.

Hats off to PVD and the guys who make this possible.

I cant wait for this next year. :beer:

Came out to New York for the first time ever for this show and it was just insane. Seen him about 5-6 times and he tops himself each time. This man just controls the whole damn crowd, and puts everyone into a frenzy. Flew from Phoenix my boy came from Minneapolis and i had the best time. PVD # 1 fucken DJ.

I had a good time, I was so hungover from the night before that you could have knocked me over w/ a feather.

I used to love PVD but I'm not into the trance sound really anymore, it's a little bit too predictable.

But that's just my opinion, the other 2000 people were loving every second of it and that's what counts. Diverse crowd w/ tons of girls, everyone was very polite and having a blast.

As a promoter on the side I have to admit how impressed I am by the way the whole thing was packaged. Lights were great, sound clear as hell and top notch event management. You can criticize PVD's music style but he's a redic DJ that has tremendous stage presence. I'm happy to see that he's using Ableton.

once again thanks for proving my point....for someone who is suppose to be "all about the music", you know how to come off like a real prick sometimes and have no problem putting down parties just cause it might not be your scene. way to start drama :aright:

oh and is this video suppose to get me to go, "yo that shit looks phat, I wish I was there at that party"

Yes, the sound was amazing, PVD would not have it any other way. Love when a DJ has standards.

The first track goes...My finger is on the button (boom)... I have this on video, its so hot.

Yes, Beautiful Things is one of my favorite tracks this year, I danced so friggin hard. Not quite sure which "mix" but, it was total insanity when PVD dropped that track.

And, as for the fist pumpin in the air... There was plenty of room to dance, I have hot video clips of the crowd dancing also. Can't wait to put it all together and share.

Anyone goin to the Love Parade 9/24 in San Francisco? More PVD--Can't get enough!