Clubplanet Nightlife Community

JP Review: Let me be the first to tell you......

How awful the music was. I just got home and ill type up a full review later, but for now let me say this.

I have defended JP alot on this board, but he let alot of people down last night.

Just put it this way...at times I felt like I was listening to a Louie DeVito NYC Underground CD or KTU. He did play some sick shit from about 2:30 until maybe about 5:00? Those times may be alittle off...anyway I can wait to see what some of you on this board are gonna say about the night.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha u got me, One of my ex gf's liked cheese and many times I was forced to hear those cds. Anyway I cant fall asleep so Ill give my full review now.

Got their around alittle before two and Roxy was way too crowded. There was nowhere to dance and nowhere to walk around. JP definitely let me down along with alot of people who expected to hear a completely different set than what he threw down. JP really spun like crap tonight. Heres some tracks he played I think this says it all:

Safe From Harm

How Would You Feel

No One's Gonna Change You

Like a Prayer

Billie Jean for like half hour I wanted to kill myself.

I believe its called Techno React or React and JP really fucked this song up bad, tried to do way too much

Madonna - Ray of Light Acapella over some beat....JP did not have this acapella beatmatched at all and it sounded horrible

I was out side smoking a cigarette but I was told he dropped

Latin headhunterz - lift me up of course the one song I wanted to hear!!

Alot of Cheesy Vocals that you would hear on ktu and I cant id them because I dont listen to that garbage.

My My My - This song is a classic and less than a year old?

GTI - He played a shitty remix with no energy

Also, After a performance by some new artist he signed he played the same song again for like 15 minutes....very annoying.

On the upside...he did play some crazy hard tracks between 2:30 and 5 maybe? I know he dropped karissa noel-corrupt and I believe Brainbug-Rain?

I was outside for a lil bit and came back in right before the performance. After the performance it really went down hill.....I left alittle before 9 and the music did start to get a lil better around 8, but nothing special.

His set on 4th of July at Roxy was alot better than this one, JP disappointed ALOT of people tonight....

IS IT POSSIBLE THAT HE CANT DISSAPOINT A LOT OF PEOPLE? I THINK THAT MOST DANCE MUSIC FANS THAT POST HERE A LOT AGREE THAT KTU IS A PRETTY LAME STATION, RIGHT? WHY GO TO JP. YOU WILL ALWAYS FEEL LET DOWN. WITH ALL THE OTHER CHOICES IN NYC FOR QUALITY NIGHTS OF DANCE MUSIC, WHY GO SEE HIM, I WILL NEVER KNOW. PLUS THE ROXY, DOES IT GET MUCH WORSE? JUST MY THOUIGHTS. :type:

Haha u got me, One of my ex gf's liked cheese and many times I was forced to hear those cds. Anyway I cant fall asleep so Ill give my full review now.

Got their around alittle before two and Roxy was way too crowded. There was nowhere to dance and nowhere to walk around. JP definitely let me down along with alot of people who expected to hear a completely different set than what he threw down. JP really spun like crap tonight. Heres some tracks he played I think this says it all:

Safe From Harm

How Would You Feel

Like a Prayer

I believe its called Techno React or React and JP really fucked this song up bad, tried to do way too much

Madonna - Ray of Light Acapella over some beat....JP did not have this acapella beatmatched at all and it sounded horrible

Alot of Cheesy Vocals that you would hear on ktu and I cant id them because I dont listen to that garbage.

Also, After a performance by some new artist he signed he played the same song again for like 15 minutes....very annoying.

On the upside...he did play some crazy hard tracks between 2:30 and 5 maybe? I know he dropped karissa noel-corrupt and I believe Brainbug-Rain?

I was outside for a lil bit and came back in right before the performance. After the performance it really went down hill.....I left alittle before 9 and the music did start to get a lil better around 8, but nothing special.

His set on 4th of July at Roxy was alot better than this one, JP disappointed ALOT of people tonight....

I don't believe I've ever said anything bad about the man (even when I thought he was off... I'm just not one to bad-talk... every DJ has their off nights). HOWEVER.... I totally agree with just about everything you said. There were a few songs that he played so long... the bonus beats at the end of the track were playing. I was thinking... "okay, he's gonna mix this pretty soon right?". Got there around 3:30am and stayed for a few hours because that's all I could take.

Yes... it was sooooo crowded in there (good for them huh? $$$) but, not a "good type" crowded. I just totally did not get into that night last night. Plus my DJ posse must have fallen asleep because I have yet to hear from them. If I hadn't bought tix in advance, I wouldn't have even gone in the first place (I'm gonna kill u Frankie!)

Yeah, there are plently of quality DJ's being booked regularly in NYC these days. Definitely want to stick with them. Guess the good ole JP days are finished. I still like the guy, but I just really felt let down (I won't even go into the errors I listened to.... like I said, I'm not into bashing other DJ's).

Nice to see he can still pack a place though. Guess people like me keep hoping for the older SF vibe days to come back. I'm over it now.

PS Was it me or did that system not sound all that?

At least I left early enough so that I can still enjoy this beautiful day.

:cool:

Looks like JP is even getting ripped on his own board. I'm surprised his fans are just starting to realize NOW that he's lost it. He lost it years ago.

ok i rarley ever post on this fuckin thing but when i do im sure im heard so here goes JONATHAN please STOP:repuke im sorry i WAS at one time one of your biggest fans but latley u are not what u used to be i dont kno whats gotten into ur head but u are terrible i thought this was supposed to be classics u played alright in the begnining but then u would play 2hrs of garbage then a classic then anotha 2hrs of crap then classic WHAT THE FUCK ARE U THINKING........? this was supposed to be the FOOL PROOF PARTY and u managed to fuck it up im sorry jonathan u just lost a long time follower i was in roxy 2nite there was a dj in that club but he wasnt in the booth spinning those records he was amongst the crowd witnessing the same thing i witnesed a fallen star:Sad

----------goodnight JPE

----------this is myst0ne signing off forever

Safe From Harm

Like a Prayer

it was classics!

i guess u never been to sf because he played them all there???

:laugh: ok, now that is bad..

i think after surf club this sunday my jp days are going to be over.. he is a very hit or miss dj.. when he's on he's really on but when he's off he's horrible... come to think of it, i cant remember the last set i really really liked.. his set at surf was ok and his set @ studio 54 in vegas had it's moments but nothing to write home about... bleh...

I finally got some sleep.....

To respond to what some of you guys said......maybe JP played those songs I listed in SF but I gurantee he didnt play the versions he threw down last night. They all sounded like the original that you would hear on ktu. Especially No Ones Gonna Change You, I didnt expect to hear him play the version he did. I personally enjoyed his set of 4th of July, but I know alot of people on here didnt like it too much. The system did sound off but I think that was JP, some songs came in noticably louder than others, along with their basslines. I was expecting to hear some commercial vocals but I also was expecting to JP to rip those vocals over some nasty beats. The Ray Of Light acapella sounded so bad I had to stop dancing, and I look around me and people are going crazy like they dont even notice? If anyone has any track id's from the hour before that Ray of Light track please list it. I will give JP that, he was killin it for a while playin really dark and hard and I was hoping that wasnt going to end but then he ruined the vibe for me atleast with ray of light and by fucking up techno react. Also if he dropped GTI the right way the place would have exploded but his version had no energy whatsoever. I dont wanna rip on him because I like the guy too, and I enjoyed his set at Roxy the previos time I went, but he just wasnt on tonight and his track selection made it even worse.

Safe From Harm

How Would You Feel

Like a Prayer

lol

it funny this was a classics party but half of the music that was played are not real classic i glad i didnt go thanks for the heads up

i actually got my self and four of my boys tickets for this and went and i had a pretty good time chillin wit my peeps chass,mike his girl.. but from like 4:30 and on he was playing some crazy tribal i was looking at these doods go crazy in a circle. it was pretty fun tho i stayed till about 9am.the main reason i went to this was because last time i caugh him at spirit he played some nice house at the beggining and he did this time again.. so i wasnt complaining he Dropped one of my favorite tracks India-Love and happyness

pretty crazy night i thought. 7 outta 10 since he didnt really play much "classics".

from 10:00 clock on he played all new tracks. And he was rippin it. Please tell me sombody on this board was there then. Because it was freakin awesome

Got there at 5 left at 1.

Yea the new tracks I have already heard at boris last month. I came to hear classics. I was going nuts to Kemical and boots on the run. All the other classics I wanted to hear were played pre 5am. But hey I beat the crowd. Around 7 he starts getting dirty mixing old and new tracks. Ghets nocht, excuse me senor??? Not classics JP. If he wanted to make his fans happy he should have stuck to classics of all genres.

Pissed I missed meet her at the love parade, mother earth,corrupt and especially GTI. But hey better then getting owned by all the meathead sweat.

Damn thinking about love parade brought me back to NYE 2003 at ARC. I went there on clubplanet recommendations. Sick times. We left before saeed and palash went on though :( Who was the resident dj? Name is on the tip of my tongue. He was ripping it.

wow, where do i start. there were soooo many things wrong with lastnight and i was comped! a free night still isn't worth it if it isn't good.

i got to ROXY at around 4, there was a line nothing to major, they were checking ID's, stamping hands and giving braclets.. once i get in there the place was friggin' packed. no room to move and the vibe was ehh. i gotta say JP and his team need to stop with this 18+ shit. it's killing him. parties are getting like high school events.. and what's scary is, i feel like at this point those are the only people that will come out and see him.

The music, i've never been so friggin' bored at a JP party. EVER! i felt like i was listening to KTU, straight up. that's what it was.. matter of fact. i felt like i was at webster hall...

but here's my opinion on all this. JP is still a great DJ, he has skills you can't that away from the man, i think he's alittle lost in the NYC scene now though because new york is getting other (some better) DJ's from around the world playing here and they are really bringing da funk. so JP needed to up his game up for the past year and hasn't. he's still cashing in on his SF days. and those days, that era is OVER. and never coming back. he needs something new. i know he's been focusing on getting booked around the country and over seas, but he needs to show NYC he can still throw a good party with a good vibe, also his parties need to be 21 and over and he needs to never play ROXY again. that place is a shit hole.

ROXY SUCKS I HATE THAT PLACE LAST WEEK FOR JUNIORS BDAY IT WAS SOOO HOT LIKE NO AC 4 People ENDED UP PASSING OUT FROM HEAT EXHAUSTION,and like 20 people i know got sick from the humidity being soo bad in there.It was soo nice of them only to charge 4.00 a bottle of water since we had ne freakin ac least they could do.btw i was one of those peeps that got sick...Bronchitis!!im good to go now though :)