Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Spirit=Twilo?

Heading up for the anarchy that will be Holden and Lazarus in October at Spirit and I'm just curious about how closely this place resembles the hallowed halls of Twilo. Went once for a S&D show way back when and just remember that place being a zoo. Just curious about what Spirit is like, comaparatively speaking. I always thought the lights in Twilo were tops. System wasn't bad either...

Put it this way, when Twilo closed people were weeping...

Hell they put flowers on the front door like it was funeral or something...

Twilo had the ultimate 'vibe' for a house club, in addition to kick ass lineups

Here are some of the parties i remember going to( i am surprised i remember much from then!):

-Dimitri from Paris. 'respect is burning' party. saw him twice there, first time sucked but second time he dropped a sick set

-Paul van dyk(few times). I am not a fan of trance, but he is really good. Place was packed each time.

-Sasha and Digweed(alot of times). they had a monthly residency there, every last friday of the month. i dont like sasha but diggers is the man.

-Digweed(solo). seen him solo few times. ripped it to shreds :gang::gang:

-Howells, Lawler, Vasquez(few times each....need i say more?)

-Sven Vath(once). The best minimal tech set I have ever heard. This guy is really sick imo

-DT vs. Cox: presidents day . i cant even describe this. these guys at one point appeared to be going at it track for track :bounce:

-Digweed/Dt: this was the 5 year anniversary party. diggers opened up, was way too trancy, but then dt came on....

-

I can go on and on...

oh no! that doesnt sound good! i havent been to spirit since the change . i managed to go to Twilo a few times when i was [underage]. thank gaad for modeling =:) and it was one of the bext memories i have [ of all time ] ...

either way, i'm sure danny H will make me not care so much about the non-essentials tomorrow ; he kicks ass. everyone should go! :pint:

• 2 weeks later...
Sounds good all. If nothing else, it has to be better than Space down here in Miami. The people down here don't have a clue.

One last things, are cameras allowed in the club. You know, to capture memories for the folks back home.

Cheers.

I agree, Miami clubs are missing.... :unhappy:

I don't know what, but they're lacking something !!

!! Twilo will never be forgotten, or replaced !!

i don't get comparing the clubs... times & vibes change, between clubs or even within them. And would you really want Spirit to be just like Twilo? You wouldn't have anything to taunt the newbies about, "oh man, you're too young to remember Twilo bla bla bla..."

Just look at how Spirit has changed more than once since it opened.

Things just aren't as wild and crazy as 97-00. But that wasn't as crazy as _______ or _______ etc etc.

I HAVE TO AGREE...THE CLUBS BACK IN THE DAY WILL NEVER COMPARE TO NOW. TWILO, EXPO, LIMELIGHT, PALLADIUM, USA, NASA...THOSE WERE REAL PARTIES.

And im sure the people who have been partying b4 those clubs said the same thing about the clubs you mentioned. My first club experience was at expo in 95, personally, for either merritt or corbett cant recall now.