Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bye Bye SF Hello Pacha

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not putting down pacha one bit, i think its great another big room will open and cater to certain clientle that needs a place like that.

I wouldn't say that Pacha Ibiza or London attract that "certain clientele" or "bad element", so why do you automatically think NY's one will??

I know you're probably not trying to put Pacha down - I'm just playing devil's advocate, as it seems you are so anti-big clubs and always promoting smaller places - which is to your tastes, so fair enough.

Places like Cielo apparently have tricky door policies if you don't go there all the time, so big rooms are where most people feel comfortable going to as they don't have to deal with the door drama of some of the other elitest places in the city.

Like I said before, I guess it is a futile arguement at the moment till it actually opens. But wouldn't it be nice for it to be a success and stop some of these people who live on NY's past glories and are forever going on and on about Twilo etc?

I wouldn't say that Pacha Ibiza or London attract that "certain clientele" or "bad element", so why do you automatically think NY's one will??

I know you're probably not trying to put Pacha down - I'm just playing devil's advocate, as it seems you are so anti-big clubs and always promoting smaller places - which is to your tastes, so fair enough.

Places like Cielo apparently have tricky door policies if you don't go there all the time, so big rooms are where most people feel comfortable going to as they don't have to deal with the door drama of some of the other elitest places in the city.

Like I said before, I guess it is a futile arguement at the moment till it actually opens. But wouldn't it be nice for it to be a success and stop some of these people who live on NY's past glories and are forever going on and on about Twilo etc?

:clap::clap::clap: Your on fire today with your well balanced opinions and replies .. a refreshing additioin to the board ..

totally balances out all of your dumb posts..

:stupid:

you have now offically been added to my ignore list ... its been fun bickering with you. I would love to call you an onslaught of names, but, you would just find some way to belittle me in some way for doing so, and it will make no sense. So piss off "ante" i hope i never see you anywhere in public ...

:stupid:

you have now offically been added to my ignore list ... its been fun bickering with you. I would love to call you an onslaught of names, but, you would just find some way to belittle me in some way for doing so, and it will make no sense. So piss off "ante" i hope i never see you anywhere in public ...

likewise

"elevated flow"

ahhh cp is so cyclical...

silverbull is gonna make a snooty remark, someone is gonna bash him for thinkign who he is, then silverbull is gonna go back apologize by saying "it's just not for me but i hope everyone has fun" because he unknowingly degraded someone.. then of course you're gonna have the people who stick up for silverbull, the people who stick up for the basher of silverbull, and last but not least the people who complain about all the fighting going on...

same goes for when a new club opens up... when a new club opens up you're gonna have someone bash it before it opens.. then you're gonna have the people who call those people out saying they are bad for the scene... an argument will ensue and then someone will come out of leftfield to complain about all the complaining going on..

way too predictable... anyway back to the topic... i hope pacha succeeds and does well... i would like to have one more option of where to go when i come back to visit..

"ahhh cp is so cyclical...

silverbull is gonna make a snooty remark, someone is gonna bash him for thinkign who he is, then silverbull is gonna go back apologize by saying "it's just not for me but i hope everyone has fun" because he unknowingly degraded someone.. then of course you're gonna have the people who stick up for silverbull, the people who stick up for the basher of silverbull, and last but not least the people who complain about all the fighting going on...

same goes for when a new club opens up... when a new club opens up you're gonna have someone bash it before it opens.. then you're gonna have the people who call those people out saying they are bad for the scene... an argument will ensue and then someone will come out of leftfield to complain about all the complaining going on.."

...then you have the people who complain about how cyclical clubplanet is and thats its too predictable......

morillo is AWESOME. his 2005 crobar sets were off the charts. he played better than DT at crobar except for parts of DTs birthday set.

cant wait for pacha. moprillo will be bringing the noise.

maybe junior can get back there too & all erick's major pals...cox, derrick carter, oakey, choo choo, baby hec, morales, ... this is hot

i agree with some of silverbulls comments. i hope this new club splits the scene a little bit, and i also hope the club does well. NYC needs it.

i'm not wishing ill will on pacha, but i dont see the need to get all hyped up either.. the club hasn't announced events, we don't know who's spinning, so really at this point we know nothing except, it's erick morillo's club, and a popular euro club brand.

I say we take the "wait and see" attitude on club Pacha. You can never really judge a book by it's cover if you ask me. I think I will go and check it out first even if I don't go to the grand opening!! I want to see what SF has turned into and I don't want people here to make my opinions for me either!! Hopefully it does succeed, but I have a feeling it will lack the unique elements SF had in it's early days. I'm preparing for the worst, but hoping that Pacha turns out to be one of the best new hot spots around in NYC!! Only time will tell though!!

I say we take the "wait and see" attitude on club Pacha. You can never really judge a book by it's cover if you ask me. I think I will go and check it out first even if I don't go to the grand opening!! I want to see what SF has turned into and I don't want people here to make my opinions for me either!! Hopefully it does succeed, but I have a feeling it will lack the unique elements SF had in it's early days. I'm preparing for the worst, but hoping that Pacha turns out to be one of the best new hot spots around in NYC!! Only time will tell though!!

you're taking the wait and see attitude, but preparing for the worst? I would say you've already made up your mind, but that's just me.

you're taking the wait and see attitude, but preparing for the worst? I would say you've already made up your mind, but that's just me.

I'll just let the masses do the talking. If this club becomes a hot spot and gives Crobar competition then it will do it's talking for itself. If people are drawn to it week after week, the club promoters as well as the club itself is doing something right. It's a big IF though. I've never been to Pacha in Ibiza and hopefully I will one day, but I can't put such high expectations into this club until we see the final product. I just don't want to be disappointed that's all. There's nothing wrong with NOT setting your hopes up too high, especially for a club with such a lustrious history as SF did. It will be a very different atmosphere, but who knows I may ending up liking it nonetheless. I'll give it a chance and see if it's my cup of tea!!