Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New Years?

mel27

Okay, so I've lived here for a few years and I've been to RA, Studio 54, Drei's, and Seven, so not enough to say true clubber...and my sister will be 21 years old on New Years, yes she is a New Years baby...: )....and I wanted to know what club everyone thinks I should taker her to. I haven't been out enough to really say "I know the perfect Party!!" So, I'm open to suggestions...She's not really into techno, although I am, but...it is her time to shine, so....she likes Hip Hop....Does anyone know of anything that's going on...other than the usual BIG Strip Street party...She'll be bringing some of her girlfriends down, and I really want to treat them to a really good time..

Thanx

Mel : )

New Years Eve might be the worst big night of the year in Las Vegas. I go to LA whenever I can, to go to a real party. This year is the Giant Village in downtown LA. Two years ago, it was 10 hours of John Digweed at Avalon Hollywood, and back in 2002 it was Sasha, Lee Burridge, Jimmy van M and Junkie XL at the Colliseum. The parties there absolutely blow away anything here, and are much more reasonably priced.

And dont forget to mention GIANT VILLAGE this last Jan., 4 blocks in downtown, I know head count was in the 5 digit range, and it was awsomely orchestrated. Talent was "The Killers" Paul Oakenfold, and John Digweed to name a few. I had a blast, but then I always do when it comes to GIANT!!!:)

New Years Eve might be the worst big night of the year in Las Vegas. I go to LA whenever I can, to go to a real party. This year is the Giant Village in downtown LA. Two years ago, it was 10 hours of John Digweed at Avalon Hollywood, and back in 2002 it was Sasha, Lee Burridge, Jimmy van M and Junkie XL at the Colliseum. The parties there absolutely blow away anything here, and are much more reasonably priced.

Well said as always.

Avalon has a new residency of once a month of Armin.

Last night you have had (sp) at Circus Farsheed + Armin, or where I went, Avalon with Lawler (only a $15 guestlist!). Was not a big fan of Avalon when it first opened, but theyve made some huge cosmetic changes even in the last few months that enhance the experience. Really was one of the amazing nights in LA in a couple months. Lawler like always pulled in so many friggen girls .... havent seen this muchhhh mack'ning going on since the good years of Sunset Room. ... and what was wonderful see was that in the club ran into two peeps from Paris-via Strasbourg, outside ran into one from England with friends from Holland and Australia.

Well John Digweed and Sash would be great to see, but I don't know if she'll be into all of that, she's never been around the Rave..Techno scene and It would be too much for her I think...Hip Hop is more her style...But thank you...: )

Well John Digweed and Sash would be great to see, but I don't know if she'll be into all of that, she's never been around the Rave..Techno scene and It would be too much for her I think...Hip Hop is more her style...But thank you...: )

Well, if she wants hip hop, then DJ Masterweb is the man to talk to.

This is one of the nice things about ICE, they'll have major EDM headliner in the arena and at the same time hip-hop in the front lounge. Lots of clubs will run multiple rooms with different music, but they rarely have a big headliner... I've taken a lot of people to ICE that are just like your friend, and they wind up dancing their asses off in both the hip-hop lounge and the arena.

I'm tryin to set up a big group comin to vegas for new years, and already stoked...

I guess it'll be November until they start listing parties? Just wanted to know a ballpark figure for VIP/Table service at the various joints (Pure, ICE, Rain, Ra, Tao, etc...)

Probably hitting up PVD at Ice on the 30th, and then we'll see for NYE (yes I know Giant/LA is better, but we're doin vegas this year)

This is one of the nice things about ICE, they'll have major EDM headliner in the arena and at the same time hip-hop in the front lounge. Lots of clubs will run multiple rooms with different music, but they rarely have a big headliner... I've taken a lot of people to ICE that are just like your friend, and they wind up dancing their asses off in both the hip-hop lounge and the arena.

I need to have self restraint for this nye. No more glosticks for nye for me again lol.

Unless you are in the market for a specific dj spinning at a specific venue, all clubs are great on New Year's Eve. There are always loads of people, everyone does a countdown, almost everyone is having fun, and almost everyone is drunk. Aside from a specific dj, what more could you want on New Year's Eve, other than to go home with someone?

• 2 weeks later...

Me and my friend are heading to Vegas for New Years after having a friggin blast there on Labor Day..We're going to see Tiesto on New Years Eve at the Orleans Arena and Lawler at Ice on Sun...Not sure about what to do on Fri night(30th) or Mon night (2nd)....any suggestions??? We will defintely hit Drais on fri night for after hours but looking for somewhere to go beforehand...

...Just wanted to know a ballpark figure for VIP/Table service at the various joints (Pure, ICE, Rain, Ra, Tao, etc...)

If anybody has the inside dirt on any of these venues pricewise, I will be eternally grateful for how hard you rock ;)

25yo, not a dedicated clubber but looking to do VIP/Bottle Service for about 6 people (I'm a bookworm, so that's all the people I know).

I realize every place is going to be expensive, but so long as I'm going to be anally-raped I'd at least appreciate a hand shake and a smile.

Thanks in advance!