Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Global Gathering 2006 in Miami

Funny how the dance music community is supposedly about being open to new ideas...then I read posts like yours :).

God forbid more people enjoy the music that we love. Dance music is kind of like protesting, the more people involved, the more fun it gets.

Dance music is like protesting LOL! actually music in general is about having fun and that's definitely what dance music is about. It's all good if you want to make this event or any type of music a political thing (God knows everyone wants music to stand for something) BUT it's not a political thing at all it's just about having fun.

And before you get your panties in a bunch don't worry I know that the clubs and big events are somewhat political (in the business ends of things) as far as the typical fan of music (rock or dance) they really don't care about the politics (of dancing LOL) at all they just want to have fun.

Peace bro,

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying it is political, i was just making a comparison, the analogy just lent itself appropriately. My politics are a bit more direct than yours anyway. I don't march in protests, it's a good way of getting tasered or beaten.

That being said, we have added a few more artists to the bill.

Adam Freeland

Stanton Warriors

Freq Nasty

Evil 9

Rennie Pilgrem

Uberzone

K-Swing

We've got many more to tell you about, but let us get through New Years first! :)

Before y'all get worked up over nothing, think about the advantages of having world-renowned rock acts in the same festival as your favorite dance acts.

Dance music needs a lot of exposure right now...having the rock fans check out some of the DJs will be invaluable.

From a DJ/producer's perspective, it works out too...think remix and production opportunities...I'm positive the rock artists will be around checking out the other areas of the fest before and after their sets...

WOW....

I can honestly say i agree with you. I guess in a way you are right as well as skytraveler.

But no ROCK for me. I'll wait til Ultra.

I'm taking the long view on the industry nowadays. From keeping track of what the government is up to in terms of licensing and regulation of clubs, to what will benefit "our" artists the most in the future, I've got my hands full these days :) ...

It's not really about whether dance needs rock or rock needs dance, but about giving our guests the opportunity to see a range of great artists from more than just one genre, and great value for money.

I agree... value has to be added to shows now-a-days.

I for one see nothing wrong with rock acts being billed at an electronica festival. I think it's a great idea. It gives a wider range and more exposure for certain acts.

Rock Artist I would highly suggest: Yellowcard, The Bravery, Summerbirds in the Cellar, Franz Ferndinad..

I can get you Summerbirds contact info should you want to explore the idea.

i dont' mean to disrespect rock. I don't listen to it at all, but it IS music so i do appreciate the genre. But rock and edm in one place? I've heard too many people complaining about it already and for good reason. Edm heads and Rockers aren't going to mix guys. Period. I don't want to even imagine what'll it'll be like when you see one trance head walking and you see a hardcore rocker making eye contact. I had spent some time on the rock scene and it isnt' pretty. Music wise, GG having edm and rock on the same bill isn't really bad. But having two different types of peoples, rockers and edm'ers??? not good imo.

If you want to see examples of rock guys and dance music (stop it with the EDM crap please) folk getting along, see the original Global Gathering in the UK, and see festivals like Coachella here in the US.

I honestly don't see what the major issue is. Frankly I find it ironic that people who normally preach about "opening your mind" have a reaction like this.

In the end, it will all work out in your favor, so why sweat a petty detail like that?

I honestly don't see what the major issue is. Frankly I find it ironic that people who normally preach about "opening your mind" have a reaction like this.

In the end, it will all work out in your favor, so why sweat a petty detail like that?

Couldn't said it better myself man. So explain why UMF posts are being deleted as you say "open your mind" cuz in the end it'll all work out

:)

peace,

Updated lineup:

Electronic:

Sasha & Digweed

Armin Van Burren

Ferry Corsten

Jimmy Van M

+ more TBA

House:

Deep Dish

Roger Sanchez

Steve Lawler

Dean Coleman

Tom De Neef

Denny Tsettos

+ more TBA

Breaks:

Adam Freeland

Stanton Warriors

Freq Nasty

Evil 9

Uberzone

Rennie Pilgrem

K-Swing

+ more TBA

Miami's Finest:

George Acosta

Cedric Gervais

Stryke

Shawn Rudnick

Parantula

Jae Vynel

DJ Pedro

Filo & Peri

Nelson Diaz

+ more TBA

Rock:

Nine Inch Nails

Rob Zombie

Avenged Sevenfold

Coheed & Cambria

Alkaline Trio

Killswitch Engage

Rise Against

Shinedown

Flyleaf

Lacuna Coil

Bullet for my Valentine

WTF? I just heard that the Global Gathering event set for March in

Miami is going to consist of mainly Heavy Metal and Hip-Hop. I got a

list of some of the bands playing and I am TOTALLY DISAPOINTED! I

thought this was going to be a big dance music event but it looks like

they have gone for the metal rock and hip hop crowd instead. Here are

some of the bigger names I heard were playing for Global Gathering:

Chambers and Cambridge, Rise Against, Coheed and Cambria, Nine Inch

Nails and Tap Root.

I just went to the websites to sample their music and it sounds like

pop metal S*%@! I thought they would at least get an act like

Underworld or Paul van Dyk. OR a top 5 dj, AT LEAST! What a let down :

(

Agreed. This is not at all what I would expect from Global Gathering. Here they had an opportunity to create an institutution in Miami that would of, at some point, rival Ultra. But, I guess not.

WTF? I just heard that the Global Gathering event set for March in

Miami is going to consist of mainly Heavy Metal and Hip-Hop. I got a

list of some of the bands playing and I am TOTALLY DISAPOINTED! I

thought this was going to be a big dance music event but it looks like

they have gone for the metal rock and hip hop crowd instead. Here are

some of the bigger names I heard were playing for Global Gathering:

Chambers and Cambridge, Rise Against, Coheed and Cambria, Nine Inch

Nails and Tap Root.

I just went to the websites to sample their music and it sounds like

pop metal S*%@! I thought they would at least get an act like

Underworld or Paul van Dyk. OR a top 5 dj, AT LEAST! What a let down :

(

Take the trip across the Atlantic, the festivals over there are BAR None the BEST party experience u will ever go too. I guarantee u, U will NOT be DISAPPOINTED.

Take the trip across the Atlantic, the festivals over there are BAR None the BEST party experience u will ever go too. I guarantee u, U will NOT be DISAPPOINTED.

godskitchen global gathering is THE best party that I have ever been to.

this lineup looks nuts. and there is still two months of announcements left to go.

Updated lineup:

Bacardi B-LIVE presents GLOBAL GATHERING

B-Live Beach Stage:

Nine Inch Nails

Rob Zombie

Avenged Sevenfold

Coheed & Cambria

Alkaline Trio

Killswitch Engage

Rise Against

Shinedown

Flyleaf

Lacuna Coil

Bullet for my Valentine

Hosted by 93Rock

Downtown Stage:

Sasha & Digweed

Armin Van Burren

Ferry Corsten

Jimmy Van M

George Acosta

Edgar V

Stryke

+ more TBA

Hosted by Buster (A3TV)

Biscayne Tent:

Deep Dish

Roger Sanchez

Steve Lawler

Charles Feelgood

Murk

Dean Coleman

Cedric Gervais

Ivano Bellini

Tom De Neef

+ more TBA

Global Beats Tent:

Adam Freeland

Stanton Warriors

Rennie Pilgrem

Uberzone (Live)

Freq Nasty

Evil Nine

K-Swing

Merlyn

Ash Rock

Wendel

+ more TBA

Hosted by Marine Parade

New Times New Talent:

Shawn Rudnick

Denny Tsettos

Parantula

Johnny Ramirez

Jae Vynel

DJ Pedro

Filo & Peri

Nelson Diaz

+ more TBA

This Festival Will Suck Exactly Like It Sounds.

I can feel the love already. :blah:

Hey, no one's putting a gun to your head to go. We've had a positive reaction so far from the dance community at large. The rock music community is stoked too. The people I've talked to so far are either relishing the opportunity to see stuff beyond their usual diet of music, or at the least willing to live and let live, i.e. "I love Sasha and Digweed, but I'm not a big NIN fan, but if they want to book NIN, go with it..."

Nonetheless, tickets are available and selling at a rapid clip.

Get yours now at www.globalgatheringfestival.com/ :deal:

You people are garbage

The best concerts ive been to have had diff genres of music in the same place

Like this one time I saw Linkin park/snoopdogg/ghostface/korn in the same place... amazing.. also went to a concert with cypress hill/blink 182

even though its hiphop and rock... its 2 different crowds.. same shit applies here

I think global is going to be very successful... its going to attract diverse crowds

and if you guys havent noticed NIN has a few songs that are very eletronic-like

I rather be in the moshpit with headbangers than steppin on candyravers after the sun goes down.

If funds allow I'll probaly stop by prodigys set.. otherwise ehh.. im disliking ultra every year as the drum and bass stage gets smaller and smaller.