Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pacha shut down

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pacha gets no props and has no props in NYC! It's a wrap for that spot! First of all, you cant enforce a dress code if your going to have thousands of people (waiting in line in the freezing cold, on a snowy sidewalk,((shovel that shit))all the way to the fucking Intrepid for hours) who pre paid for tickets that didnt have prior knowledge of there being one! At least have some one announce "No sneakers or jeans" from the beginning so people that fucked up and wore them know they aint getting in....Dont have these people waiting on line and then be picky when you have their money!! Then they overbooked VIP seating for people that bought bottles!! What?? Fuck the promotors!! Fuck the management!!! Fuck the door people!! Fuck the bouncers!!! And How are bouncers going to accecpt pay off's to get people in front of line and then have get you deaded by the doorman? What kinda shit is that? Then how are you gonna not ID anyone on opening night? Come on! Are you serious? With the whole WORLD watching? With all that money invested? Then no pat downs? And you wonder why people get G'd out and flop on the floor...I mean isn't that common sense? Where is the love for the people?? People make the club!!! Plain and simple! I hate, hate, hate! to say this but i don't even blame 5-0 for shutting that shit down(word was that the mayor of NYC, bloomberg, gave the go ahead)....PACHA played themselves!!! wow! www.what-a-JOKE.com (thats not link!)

enough reasons here to shut the fucking place 4 ever lack of managment skills

Wow..that really sux.

NYC has changed. The days of the big-time clubs & scenes (Tunnel, SF, Twilo) are really over for those that remember those places at their peak. Remember how many times each of these places either got shut down by NYPD or even made the paper (negatively), just before they shut for good?

And back of my mind, i keep thinking that if Pacha takes off and really becomes the next big spot, maybe they'd even bring back JP for Sat nites.

Have a feeling, even if they did, wouldn't be same scene or vibe as SF, because of the new 'no tolerance' stance being taken by NYC.

And back of my mind, i keep thinking that if Pacha takes off and really becomes the next big spot, maybe they'd even bring back JP for Sat nites.

Are you kidding? After all that drama that went down last night, do you really think they're gonna wanna bring JP's crowd back in there? Never gonna happen.

The days of the big-time clubs & scenes (Tunnel, SF, Twilo) are really over for those that remember those places at their peak.

Well at least there's Crobar for a big room experience. True, it doesn't compare to Twilo/Tunnel, but at least they have good management and bring in good talent on a weekly basis.

Anyone see the two cops fighting? Around 1:30 in front of club H&H these two cops were staring eachother down until they were in eachothers faces. Was half expecting them to come to blows. Prob fighting over who gets the last jelly donut.

Considering the amount of people who got robbed out of there asses by Pacha (open December 2005 closing January 2006) the crowd was real calm.

My fellow friends and FOE's, I think that for the first time every single CP member will agree that this is the bigest Fuck Up Ever, Rule # 1 CHECK MOTHERFUCKEN ID"S!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only Good thing about the nite.....DECOR!!!!!

PACHA Get The Fuck Out of my CITY!!!!!!

I AGREE 100% keep those underage idiots out!

Anyone see the two cops fighting? Around 1:30 in front of club H&H these two cops were staring eachother down until they were in eachothers faces. Was half expecting them to come to blows. Prob fighting over who gets the last jelly donut.

Considering the amount of people who got robbed out of there asses by Pacha (open December 2005 closing January 2006) the crowd was real calm.

Speaking of getting robbed, I wanna see who is willing to pay 10K to hear Cox on NYE. :gang:

http://www.ticketweb.com/user/?region=nyc&query=search&category=misc&search=pacha&beginmonth=12&beginday=5&beginyear=2005

That's a damn shame. I started to go but decided against it because I knew it was going to be a zoo anyway, but the Post already blew up their spot the other day as it was...can't wait to hear the official reason why this went down. Sorry for those of you who had to take the L on this last night, I know I'd be heated too!!

Regardless, you gotta give it to Erick for making an effort to bring this to our city, as a DJ and a businessman, especially being well aware of the problems this space has had in the past. I hope it works out cause I'll be up in dat bitch with bells on. Opening night, too many people had dollar signs in their eyes, bouncers and dealers, and it was just a perfect storm. :laugh:

LMFAO...I'm sooo glad this happened...all those tools waiting to relive the 'FACTORY' days...grow up people its over...and its been over for years!!

like someone said b4, the only person worth seeing was Steve Lawler...oh well, looks like I am gonna have to wait till Miami this year...that's IF I go

hmmm, did anyone ever think that the owners of Crobar had anything to do with this? or maybe its just me with my conspiracy theories...

I just hope those OD rumors are not true and I hope that no one got hurt in the coat check stampede...sounds horrific

LMFAO...I'm sooo glad this happened...all those tools waiting to relive the 'FACTORY' days...grow up people its over...and its been over for years!!

like someone said b4, the only person worth seeing was Steve Lawler...oh well, looks like I am gonna have to wait till Miami this year...that's IF I go

hmmm, did anyone ever think that the owners of Crobar had anything to do with this? or maybe its just me with my conspiracy theories...

I just hope those OD rumors are not true and I hope that no one got hurt in the coat check stampede...sounds horrific

where have you been all my life?? :( x 1000000

Its great to see how many haters there are out there. A new club opens in new york that plans to expand everyone's musical horizons and everyone just can't stand to see the precious SoundFactory spot reopened as something else. Personally I think the management royally fucked up but they deserve another chance for putting together the club and staff in such a hurry. I know it sucks that they wont do refunds but if anyone has ever bought a ticket for anything when was the last time you got a refund on a ticket. Hopefully we can expect some sort of voucher for another night but we should all give Pacha a chance to open up and let New York City and American EDM fans have some fun.

The sad fact of it all is that there WAS an OD incident that happened at the club last night! And thats how its written up in the police logs, and city journals!

And on grand opening night to the public of all times! Talk about how the city is going to veiw this? Like setting the entire nightlife scene in NYC back 6 years! They gave them the permission to reopen that space, new owners, etc, and look what happens! OD first time out. Thats how the city is going to see this. That address, same problems as ever!

That they werent checking ID,s doesnt seem to swift either! Maybe if they were running that room with something other than EGO, they would be able to do it right!

Definitely NOT a good start!