Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Favorite song from the 80's?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't know when it's from, but i used to like the song Dancing Queen. but last year i met this really annoying girl who was one of those i'd-never-want-to-see-how-annoying-she-can-get-after-half-a-beer girls, and i saw her two beers later. anyway, that night, she sang and danced for everyone, and since then, i have hated Dancing Queen and girls named Andie

"Drivin' down the highway, lookin' for some action, but like Mick Jagger said I can't get no satisfaction....."

smile.gif

------------------

Upcoming Gigs:

Fridays - Cream, NYC

Sats:

12/16 - Arena, Albany NY

12/23 - Webster Hall

12/30 - Webster Hall

1/13 - Slopes, Hunter Mountain

1/14 - Phillidelphia (Location TBA)

Sat Dec. 23rd - 92.7 & 98.5 FM 3-5am

www.djrussreign.com

NY METS 2000 NL CHAMPS!

Originally posted by peeps:

i want a new drug

one that won't make me sick

one that won't make crash my car

make me feel three feet thick

I actually met Huey Lewis twice... Boy is he short... Always seems much taller in the videos and on stage, but he's really like 5'6" or 5'7" tops... His son is a pretty decent tennis player for 7 years old though...

All the bands/songs people mentioned on this post so far are pretty damn cool...

Let's see what else? B-52's Rock Lobster!!!

cwm4.gif

------------------

Hugh

a.k.a. ibhugh, Bryan Adams

email: ibhugh@yahoo.com

aolim: hugesk8r

Originally posted by cazz926:

ELECTRIC AVENUE

AND

PASS THE DUTCHIE...

I think history will prove them classics

I must say that Electric Avenue is definitely a contender for #1, but the first one I thought of off the top of my head was, "I wear my sunglasses at night..." I know somebody remembers that sick remix somebody used to spin at the Tunnel a couple years back? Everybody with shades on would roll into a far, far away galaxy when it came on...Ah, what nostalgia. cwm11.gifcwm11.gif

------------------

"Spontaneity is the key to spice in life" Me

i have to agree about eddy grant and electric ave. one of my all time favs

can't forget

land down under- men at work

africa- toto

physical- olivia newton john

carribean queen- billy ocean

anything off joshua tree- U2

anything depeche mode

just a giggolo

damn and theres so many more too

biggrin.gif

-Rob

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

Originally posted by cubano43:

I ran - Flock of Seagull

Boom, Boom, Boom let's go back to my room!!

Cory something

Metallica - One

Pearl Jam - Alive

Belinda Carlise- Circle in the Sand(Loved her)

Run to you- Brian Adams

Rock me like a Hurricane-Scorpoins

alive is 90's not 80's

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

ANYTHING BY PRINCE !

Sheila E- Glamorous Life, Love Bizzare

Tina Marie - Lover Girl

Eurythmics - The City Never S;eeps

The Breakfast Club - Right on track

Neneh Cherry- Buffolo Stance

USA for AFRICA - WE are the World !!

Al.B Sure, Bobby Brown, Johnny Kemp, Babyface

U2, INXS, Jody Watley, Micheal Jackson, , DM, New Order + Julio Eglesias, Pet Shop Boys, Duran Duran, Information Society

I think the pop music scene was so much better in the 80's. It was time of originality and innovation. we had artists like Prince, Maddona, and Michela Jackson starting out- it was a magical time.

Music will never be the same now with mega greedy music conglomerates pumping out "manufactured products" ( N'sync, BSB, Britney and the rest of the teeny group acts with matching outfits )

WHEN WILL THIS TEENY BOP PHASE END ?

I grew up on Billy Joel! So of course songs like Uptown Girl! woohoo!!

But one of my all time faves...."I WEAR MY SUNGLASSES AT NIGHT" - Cort Heart.

There was a mix of this spun at Tunnel back in '98...by Justin Time (well Im almost 85% positive it was him but everytime I think back I get this feeling it may not have been) . Well, anyway, no matter who it was, haha, that fuckin song is the best! And Im never gonna forget the crowd in Tunnel that night when it came on! UNFUCKIN BELIEVEABLE!

------------------

tigger.gif

"Love is friendship set to music."

...E. Joseph Crossmann

AOL = MadamKittE

Originally posted by ncomodo:

Another one I forgot to mention was

Do They know its Christmas-Band Aid

definetly a great song

and perfect timing, thought i'm surprised i havent' heard it on the radio this year yet. then again i've had so little time i havent' listeneed to the radio since i can remember

-Rob

------------------

hmr3.gif