Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Interesting twist to the Hip-Hop debate: Electro making a comeback

djmasterweb

It's funny how we have been debating about Hip-Hop, and what's real and what's fake... In the meantime, the electro sounds seems be coming back in a big way. The new Ying Yang & Bun B, along with the new Lil Rob both incorporate elements from the electro genre. Many other releases are incorporating that sound as well. Should be interesting to see how far this trend goes, but I personally love it. These new tracks really move the dance floor, even if people don't know the actual songs yet - and that is a great sign that a new trend may become popular quickly.

Electro has always been the shit.

Remember "SCORPIO" or Midnight Star's stuff?

It's why I love House/Electro. Taking it to different realms. If the Hip Hop Vibe embraced it it would work. I'm interested in hearing Ying Yangs sound.

It would be better than some of thel Mashup crap I hear.

It's call an 808 kick. Everyone uses it now these days. Instead of chopping samples, all they have to do is just hit a couple of buttons on the casio keyboard and there you have it!!!!

If your response was to my original post, it is obvious you do not know the songs I was referring to, because they don't use drum machine or casio samples. The songs incorporate synth layers in the background resembling the electro style. Also several industry publications are beginning to acknowledge the trend.

Well I for one am a big fan of Electro,.. I have been playing more and more or at Teatro, and even when i go to see other djs play, alot of the newest, hottest tracks (not hiphop) are Electro... So yeah it would be a nice thing to hear how someone might remix some hip hop (both real and fake) with some electro. Some tracks out there are way to electro.. geeky sounding. i can see alot of people having fun with it.