Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PACHA bookings heating up . . .

crobar sucking wind imo

Bro, pull your head out of your ass for just one second. Crobar is packed every night, regardless of who is spinning, so they're obviously doing something right. And their upcoming lineup is pretty stellar.

Roger Sanchez

Sander Kleinenberg

Chus and Ceballos

Deep Dish

Peter Bailey/Santana

my bad i was about to take you seriously but then you had to go and list djs didnt you . . .sanchez blows & never had a crowd , kleinenberg obv has no draw thats why they let high school kids in, chus and ceballos are great but they have no following, sleep dish and oh right i almost forgot richie santana . . .the resident at pacha . . .whatwhat!

my bad i was about to take you seriously but then you had to go and list djs didnt you . . .sanchez blows & never had a crowd , kleinenberg obv has no draw thats why they let high school kids in, chus and ceballos are great but they have no following, sleep dish and oh right i almost forgot richie santana . . .the resident at pacha . . .whatwhat!

obviously to each their own, but you have no idea what you're talking about...sanchez has a huge following and is a house pioneer, kleinenberg throws it down everywhere he spins, chus and ceballos are amazing and while they may not have a huge following they still have a rather large one that appreciates good music, sleep dish--way to jump on the bandwagon like we haven't heard that before--they know how to run a party and always have a place jumping...not saying that pacha has a horrible lineup-their lineup is amazing too but can people please get off the steve lawler electro bandwagon-his lights out 3 cd was horrible, and while he plays better live, electro gets veryyy boring..he should have stuck to his sound of 99-02..however sven and zabiela are amazing..both clubs are pulling in some heat

Zev! As an employee/investor at pacha, isn't your opinon a tad biased? Can't we all play nice? :)

Bro, pull your head out of your ass for just one second. Crobar is packed every night, regardless of who is spinning, so they're obviously doing something right. And their upcoming lineup is pretty stellar.

Roger Sanchez

Sander Kleinenberg

Chus and Ceballos

Deep Dish

Peter Bailey/Santana

exactly. crobar is packed any given night. there's always a line outside.

obviously to each their own, but you have no idea what you're talking about...sanchez has a huge following and is a house pioneer, kleinenberg throws it down everywhere he spins, chus and ceballos are amazing and while they may not have a huge following they still have a rather large one that appreciates good music, sleep dish--way to jump on the bandwagon like we haven't heard that before--they know how to run a party and always have a place jumping...not saying that pacha has a horrible lineup-their lineup is amazing too but can people please get off the steve lawler electro bandwagon-his lights out 3 cd was horrible, and while he plays better live, electro gets veryyy boring..he should have stuck to his sound of 99-02..however sven and zabiela are amazing..both clubs are pulling in some heat

speaking of lawler.. you're right saying that he should go back with his sound to 99-02. i heard his essential mix from last year and it SUCKED big time. there were some great electro track and beats - but as a whole package it just didn't work for me. ...and the lights out 3 sucked too.

Very intelligent post. Your points are spot on.

kleinenberg obv has no draw thats why they let high school kids in

No draw? Crobar just gave him a new residency for 2006. He must be doing something right. His Everybody residency from last year was one of the best ongoing parties of the year, and there were always lots of people there. And the comment about high school kids makes no sense either.....his party on the 17th is 21+, as is usually the case.

The fact that you obviously work for Pacha says a lot about why you'd feel the need to bash any DJ who plays at Crobar as well as the club itself. Sounds like you are jealous of their success.

Roger Sanchez

Sander Kleinenberg

Chus and Ceballos

Deep Dish

Peter Bailey/Santana

Like this lineup better, and I like crobar better.

I dont like crobar the club itself, but thier bookings are amazing. And ROGER SANCHEZ has been a fixture in the house scene for a very long time now and is well respected by the industry, but maybe he doesnt play the style of music you like, and being that you work for pacha well that explains the ignorant comment.

Roger Sanchez

Sander Kleinenberg

Chus and Ceballos

Deep Dish

Peter Bailey/Santana

Picotto is coming also, Ferry is up to his 4th show in his 6 month residency at Crobar, Sasha is back agian with a bi-monthly residency, and i think Deep Dish is going to replace Ferry in the next monthly residency rotation after March

Crobar is actually VERY well managed. kudos to them.

I dont like crobar the club itself, but thier bookings are amazing. And ROGER SANCHEZ has been a fixture in the house scene for a very long time now and is well respected by the industry, but maybe he doesnt play the style of music you like, and being that you work for pacha well that explains the ignorant comment.

didnt see u at roger. great set.

just go where the you want to go ...and listen to who you want to listen to

do you people really come on here day after day to try to argue which clubs is better and which dj is better and not think that there is someone out there who may actually like something different then what you like ..

a bunch of opinions and no intelligence.....(no matter who you think you are or how long you been going out .)

you all claim to be so "into the scene" and into house music culture and whatever bullshit you feed yourself when you post your comments and attacks..

but do you ever really feel like what your writing is going to change someone else views, or is it just that most like to pop off at the keyboard

some people may love PACHA and some may love CROBAR...( i personally love both ...omg is that possible)

does it affect you in any sort of way what others may like ??? why do people get so annoyed and attack others

to quote DT's tired cliche....."BE YOURSELF" the most intelligent phrase that can be associated with house music culture..

got a bad case of the mondays .....sorry ...

just go where the you want to go ...and listen to who you want to listen to

do you people really come on here day after day to try to argue which clubs is better and which dj is better and not think that there is someone out there who may actually like something different then what you like ..

a bunch of opinions and no intelligence.....(no matter who you think you are or how long you been going out .)

you all claim to be so "into the scene" and into house music culture and whatever bullshit you feed yourself when you post your comments and attacks..

but do you ever really feel like what your writing is going to change someone else views, or is it just that most like to pop off at the keyboard

some people may love PACHA and some may love CROBAR...( i personally love both ...omg is that possible)

does it affect you in any sort of way what others may like ??? why do people get so annoyed and attack others

to quote DT's tired cliche....."BE YOURSELF" the most intelligent phrase that can be associated with house music culture..

got a bad case of the mondays .....sorry ...

Funny thing is, i was just about to start a thread. Some people like deep house, tribal, some like trance. personally, I LOVE BOTH. there. I said it. so what? who cares? There are certain types of music I just WON'T LISTEN to, but I RESPECT that others like it. Talak about what you like, don't trash what others like. I joined this forum b/c for some reason I thought it was to share ideas about where to go, what dj's are playing any given night, etc., etc. Not a music war. And I have been guilty to responding to comments from others that trash music, and they annoy the hell out of me. Let's respect each other's music.