Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Random Thoughts #3

nomembername

...As far as women having children - with medication, if the viral load is kept undectable, the transmission from mother to baby is less than 1%...
it's still not fair to have children when you know your life expectancy is short. and don't give me any "they're close to a cure," 'cause we have no idea if that's truly so.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's still not fair to have children when you know your life expectancy is short. and don't give me any "they're close to a cure," 'cause we have no idea if that's truly so.

life expectancy is short :laugh: can you tell me the life expectancy of someone with hiv please? I'm dyingggg to know..

If this was 1980 and we were discussing this, i would agree with you whole-heartedly.. i mean all that hiv+ folks had back then was azt.... but with todays advances in modern medicine, hiv+ people are living long, healthy, fruitful lives.. There is no answer to life expectancy anymore.. that statement is a thing in the past.... With HAART - okay let me rephrase that - with the new meds being approved yearly by the FDA - hiv+ people will outlive people without disease...

I'd personally be more scared of heart disease than hiv...

life expectancy is short :laugh: can you tell me the life expectancy of someone with hiv please? I'm dyingggg to know..

If this was 1980 and we were discussing this, i would agree with you whole-heartedly.. i mean all that hiv+ folks had back then was azt.... but with todays advances in modern medicine, hiv+ people are living long, healthy, fruitful lives.. There is no answer to life expectancy anymore.. that statement is a thing in the past.... With HAART - okay let me rephrase that - with the new meds being approved yearly by the FDA - hiv+ people will outlive people without disease...

I'd personally be more scared of heart disease than hiv...

Lola... come on now. "hiv+ people will outlive people without disease..."

How can they outlive themselves? hiv is a disease, one that you don't want... because guess what? you will die. It will never be cured, but at least you can spend 5-10 grand a month on pills. Yay!

Lola... come on now. "hiv+ people will outlive people without disease..."

How can they outlive themselves? hiv is a disease, one that you don't want... because guess what? you will die. It will never be cured, but at least you can spend 5-10 grand a month on pills. Yay!

Well I'm just saying if a person with hiv takes their meds, leads a healthy life.. they can out live people that do not have hiv.. this has happened.. it will be happening more in the future.

I don't think it will be cured either.. but hey how's that cure for cancer going? If you don't get treatment for cancer, you will die. You will die from a lot of things.. .but hiv isn't the death sentence it was in 1980... nobody dies of aids anymore except those people that do not get help - like the innercity crack heads.. most normal people with insurance who take care of themselves are still alive, fighting their battles silently.

Well I'm just saying if a person with hiv takes their meds, leads a healthy life.. they can out live people that do not have hiv.. this has happened.. it will be happening more in the future.

I don't think it will be cured either.. but hey how's that cure for cancer going? If you don't get treatment for cancer, you will die. You will die from a lot of things.. .but hiv isn't the death sentence it was in 1980... nobody dies of aids anymore except those people that do not get help - like the innercity crack heads.. most normal people with insurance who take care of themselves are still alive, fighting their battles silently.

HIV = virus = constantly mutating = no cure

HIV = virus = constantly mutating = no cure

where did i say it'd be cured? i said that i didn't think it'd be cured either.. what does the cure have to do with it anyway? we're talking about meds and life expectancy..

heart disease and cancer are the leading causes of death in the USA btw..

weyes - i was trying to tell you in the sugar thread that i knew you didn't post the pic to be negetive - i just though sug was prettier! you didnt have to delete the whole thread!
yeah, i did. people are being assholes to me these days for absolutely no reason. i haven't antagonized anyone or ever been mean to anyone here and people shit on me anyway. i got rid of the thread 'cause i'm sick of being shat on.

where did i say it'd be cured? i said that i didn't think it'd be cured either.. what does the cure have to do with it anyway? we're talking about meds and life expectancy..

heart disease and cancer are the leading causes of death in the USA btw..

I thought it was hip hop parties?

yeah, i did. people are being assholes to me these days for absolutely no reason. i haven't antagonized anyone or ever been mean to anyone here and people shit on me anyway. i got rid of the thread 'cause i'm sick of being shat on.

I hope you don't think I'm being mean to you... I have no beef with you. Just said in the other thread that I thought you did the wisdom of the day thread on bump.

:nopity:

i'm kidding... well i think yer a cool chick :aright:

Jesus fucking Christ!!!! What is with everyone being so fucking sensitive...you can't take a joke either now or maybe it's just that time

of the month

:blown: :blown: :blown:

I hope you don't think I'm being mean to you... I have no beef with you. Just said in the other thread that I thought you did the wisdom of the day thread on bump.
no, i don't. even when we disagree, you've always treated me with respect. that's how i treat everyone here, and that's all i ask of everyone else.

...o man ...what did i miss now!!!!!!!!?!......how did that thread turn drama?!....

no, i don't. even when we disagree, you've always treated me with respect. that's how i treat everyone here, and that's all i ask of everyone else.

Cool, because I'm really not a dick, I just don't like starscream, or monty.