Clubplanet Nightlife Community

JP @ Copa Reviewww

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard the crowd was HORRENDOUS..

a ton of teenyboppers..

but that is just what i heard.. I for one can give a crap about the crowd, its' actually entertainment sometimes..

some of the outfits I saw at Roseland HOLY SHIT.

mini ruffled flourescent green skirts with arm warmers

ahh..

I heard the crowd was HORRENDOUS..

a ton of teenyboppers..

but that is just what i heard.. I for one can give a crap about the crowd, its' actually entertainment sometimes..

some of the outfits I saw at Roseland HOLY SHIT.

mini ruffled flourescent green skirts with arm warmers

ahh..

JP's crowd are all 18 year old kids, who know nuttin bout music.

Just a prediction:

Horrendous crowd; bunch of high schoolers, crackheads

Tracklist (many were looped for an hour+)

Claude Von Stroke: Deep Throat

Sikk: Washing Machine

Boots on the run

Deux: Sun Rising Up

Ain't Nobody

GTI 2005

Let the Sunshine In

My Love is Your Love

All This Time

JP crowd saying it was the best $35 they ever spent

Good keep them out of everywhere else[/quote

Agreed, Last JP party, I thought I was at an after prom party. Yea and the clothes are ridiculous. Some of them cut off colored socks, and put them around there arms, The ridiculous sport jackets, and the ugly hats not even really on there head, how do they keep them on. And they all do the same fuckin stupid dance. I call it the shuffle. You guys know it, they stomp there feet, and throw there arms up in the air, turn there head from side to side. Its all just laughable to me.

are there any real reviews. all i see are people sayin what they think went on and was not really there themselves. or they heard what it was like. if someone was really at the copa for JP, please share with us how the night went on. like the line, door, stage shows, music, any performances, shit like that.

thanks

Z

Ok. Ill write mine. THis was my first ever JP party, so I didn't know what to expect.

First, you definitely need to fucked up to listen to anything he spins. I constantly kept saying to my friends that I would be hating this if I wasn't high

Secondly, People come for the party, not just the music. Which means, the drugs. Obv. Tons of crackheads tweakin out all around me. Shuffle Circles. Trannies, I didn't see any fights, which surprised me.

last, the fucking performances that went on, completely bugged me the fuck out. The birthday dancers with the masks, omg.

JP party got shut down hours early. It was around 10oclock and they turned on the lights. He didn't even get to close the set.

I recognized 1 song, and it was a sample loop of "Women beat their men" which also bugged me the fuck out.

95% of the people there new nothing about house, and everything about drugs. But, if they're doing it together in one room, safe from the rest of the world, more power to them. It makes them happy. It makes me happy.

JP as a DJ; 3/10

JP as a "party" and atmosphere; 8/10

are there any real reviews. all i see are people sayin what they think went on and was not really there themselves. or they heard what it was like. if someone was really at the copa for JP, please share with us how the night went on. like the line, door, stage shows, music, any performances, shit like that.

thanks

Z

I would think that anyone that was at the party adn closed it out right now is either passed out in bed, or at an afterhours gathering discussing the night/ day or doing sometihing like dishes hahhahaha

I doubt you'll see any real reviews until tomorrow.

I did talk to a few of my friends that were there and I heard the same thing. There were an abnormally large amount of annoying teeny boppers there, it was packed but not OVERLY packed.. there wasn't a classics set played like the rumor that was flying around.

the only confirmed songs are

Show Me - Suzanne Palmer

Its over Now - Deb Cox

The Hurting - Donna someone

and Flow..

Thats all cuz my girl isnt' too good on tittles of songs, hehe

Ok. Ill write mine. THis was my first ever JP party, so I didn't know what to expect.

First, you definitely need to fucked up to listen to anything he spins. I constantly kept saying to my friends that I would be hating this if I wasn't high

Secondly, People come for the party, not just the music. Which means, the drugs. Obv. Tons of crackheads tweakin out all around me. Shuffle Circles. Trannies, I didn't see any fights, which surprised me.

last, the fucking performances that went on, completely bugged me the fuck out. The birthday dancers with the masks, omg.

JP party got shut down hours early. It was around 10oclock and they turned on the lights. He didn't even get to close the set.

I recognized 1 song, and it was a sample loop of "Women beat their men" which also bugged me the fuck out.

JP as a DJ; 3/10

JP as a "party" and atmosphere; 8/10

why did the song 'women beat their men' bug you the fuck out?

and how did the stage shows bug you out?

were you on acid? lol

why did the song 'women beat their men' bug you the fuck out?

and how did the stage shows bug you out?

were you on acid? lol

No, I was on some good pills. lol

that lyric just does something to my brain I dont know.

The stage shows felt like I was dreaming.

you gotta remember, this was my first JP party. I came to NY/LI the year sf got shut down

I got there about 2:45 the place had 3 lines so i did not have to wait to get in.. One thing that pissed me off was that i paid for a VIP ticket and when i asked about any Vip rooms like Exit was going to have,,, noone knew any thing...Place was way bigger then i thought it had three floors....Music was ok just ok....Most of the crowed was very young and there was Very little Security ..When you walked in Security was very fast and did not even do a complete search...I havent seen so much Drugs in the open in years but you can blame the young crowd for that....All in all i really did not have a bad time there was plenty places to chill.....

i dunno.

i was just curious..

another person on this board asked me earlier...

the stage shows scared u :-(

no no. it was very surreal....Of course that's what it was intended for. When I say "bug out" i dont mean like a fucking Chipmunk crack addict tweaker, i mean like, it was an awesome sight.

no no. it was very surreal....Of course that's what it was intended for. When I say "bug out" i dont mean like a fucking Chipmunk crack addict tweaker, i mean like, it was an awesome sight.

oh ok..

i got nervous for a second.

those shows dont' really do much at all for me. I dunno.

Well, you absolutely need to be high to enjoy anything. Which is why JP is a god to them. If the Soundfactory DJ was a fucking CD Player. Everyone would be worshipping the CD Player. It's cuz they go to get fucked up with Johnny, while he spins the beats that makes them dance.

Well, you absolutely need to be high to enjoy anything. Which is why JP is a god to them. If the Soundfactory DJ was a fucking CD Player. Everyone would be worshipping the CD Player. It's cuz they go to get fucked up with Johnny, while he spins the beats that makes them dance.

Thats not ENTIRELY true.

I went to SoundFactory for about 1.5 yrs basically every weekend or so dead ass sober.

Not even alcohol.. just Redbulll and the dumdum lollipops they had on the bar on the 3rd floor.

I still had a great time.. I was very naive to drugs and how ppl were on them so it didnt bother me