Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Twilo vs Exit?

hi,

i'm from boston so i don't know too much about the NYC scene so i have a few questions - i hope someone can help me out smile.gif

so i have been to Exit once before (this past fall), how does it compare to Twilo?

i am planning to go to Twilo this Friday to see S&D - what should i expect (any info on dress, <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guestlists</A> etc . . .)?

how does one obtain a twilo card and how useful is it?

and what clubs do people recommend for New Year's Eve? I have a friend coming from San Francisco, who is much more into this scene - so i want to give him some options for fun stuff to do that night. I was thinking twilo, but i guess he's not crazy about Junior . . . . please help me out with my infantile queries.

thanks & hugz cool.gif

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by orchid2096:

hi,

i'm from boston so i don't know too much about the NYC scene so i have a few questions - i hope someone can help me out smile.gif

so i have been to Exit once before (this past fall), how does it compare to Twilo?

i am planning to go to Twilo this Friday to see S&D - what should i expect (any info on dress, <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guestlists</A> </A> etc . . .)?

how does one obtain a twilo card and how useful is it?

and what clubs do people recommend for New Year's Eve? I have a friend coming from San Francisco, who is much more into this scene - so i want to give him some options for fun stuff to do that night. I was thinking twilo, but i guess he's not crazy about Junior . . . . please help me out with my infantile queries.

thanks & hugz cool.gif

orchid, if you wanna know the difference between exit and twilo, please read my post from yesterday. in short, exit is a nicer venue, but twilo has better dj's, music and vibe. i'm not sure about junior, but twilo definitely has top line dj's spinning each week like paul van dyk, s&d, sven vath, etc.

s&d are VERY trancy until after 5am. some people may harp on me for saying this but one of my friends described s&d (b4 5am) as "being inside an aquarium listening to bubbles break." BUT after about 5:30 or so, OMG they start cranking it up and they are unbelievable!!! you need to stay way past 6AM to really get the full feel of s&d.

btw - if your friend is really into the scene, the answer is definitely twilo

cwm12.gif

i hope this helps. have fun whereever you go cwm11.gif

------------------

calvinan.gif

I've got more girls on my tip than a human shish-ka-bob!

If your looking for a better dressed crowd, with music that you can dance to at least and not throw up, Exit!. If your not to concerned with the dress code, and want some of the top international talent, Twilo! Two very different vibes, both good enough to enjoy for one night. I must say however; S&D after 5am one word... BANGING!!!!!

Originally posted by SPHERIC:

If your looking for a better dressed crowd, with music that you can dance to at least and not throw up, Exit!. If your not to concerned with the dress code, and want some of the top international talent, Twilo! Two very different vibes, both good enough to enjoy for one night. I must say however; S&D after 5am one word... BANGING!!!!!

spheric - well said

cwm30.gif , although i don't get the "without throwing up part...

------------------

calvinan.gif

I've got more girls on my tip than a human shish-ka-bob!

Originally posted by k_car:

spheric - well said

cwm30.gif , although i don't get the "without throwing up part...

You know... China club, dressy; music

cwm8.gif pretty much all the trendy places(or at least a majority of them IMO) music cwm8.gif . I think I just like using this smiley!! cwm8.gif

DON't NEGLECT to check out Sound FActory SAturdays....Gotta be the most slammin SAturday afterhours....at least if you thought Exit was fired up.....

GODDAMNJPKEEPSTHEBEATSPUMPIN cwm11.gif

------------------

Jewel Promotions invites you to CHECK OUT NYC's Newest PROGRESSIVE party SATURDAYS at WEBSTER HALL....

FOR GUESTLIST/REDUCED ADMISSION/INFO e-mail:

jewelz917@yahoo.com or mention "Jewelz917"list at the door.

"NOT THE WEBSTER HALL GRANDMA USED TO GO TO"

yeah, twilo sucks so bad man. top talent, best sound system and great vibe, definitely go to exit.

i'm looking for guido chicks and girls out-slutting each other along with steakheads to the shitty sounds of boris in an average sound system.

*rolling the eyes*...its not even close, twilo is in a league by its own in nyc and world. exit is nice inside, but everything else is terrible. Head to twilo.

Originally posted by foxyroxy20:

well for me, there's nothing amazing at twilo the times i've been, i would never go back,

cwm8.gif

as far as exit, i love that fuckin place cwm32.gif

To each their own. I think k_car and Spheric summed it up nicely. FOr a nice venue, with a sorta dressed up crowd, many of whom are looking to hook up, go to Exit. For a place with awesome music, great lights, cold fog, best sound system and vibe go to Twilo (hehe, OK, so I'm slightly biased).

For S&D: You want to get there either really early or really late, ie, get in line by about 12pm or go there after like 4am. Inbetween those times there's sure to be at least an hour and half to two hour wait. What time depends on your musical preference. If you're really into the "journey" that S&D take you on as they build their sets over the course of the night, then go early. If you only want the hard beats then go later.

Also know that security is pretty lax at the door, but inside, if they suspect you of anything, you'll be taken to a back room to be searched.

Hope to see you there Friday!

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

Originally posted by nycedee:

yeah, twilo sucks so bad man. top talent, best sound system and great vibe, definitely go to exit.

i'm looking for guido chicks and girls out-slutting each other along with steakheads to the shitty sounds of boris in an average sound system.

yeah well what u call talent, isnt talent to me and the vibe at twilo for me sucks, so yeah i rather be at exit thats right, with guidos and slutty girls and yeah u forgot juiceheads and dance my ass off to great music, than be at twilo and fall asleep cause of corny ass music IMO.

TWILO=NO THANK YOU>rather stay home than go there, would have more fun.

------------------

aim: amafrk1

amafrk1@yahoo.com

twilo's dancefloor is too small, the ceilings too low, thus making it too bright since your head will practicly knock into the lights. its like dancing in someones basement. and i dont know why everyone knocks exit because we dress up or have well developed bodies. is it a sin to have self-respect.

Originally posted by gravity:

That's helpful

Therrrrrrrrrre's the old sarcasm...

~~

------------------

ski_accident_md_wht.gif

"Happy the man, and happy he alone, he who can call today his own, he who, secure within, can say, 'Tomorrow do thy worst, for I have liv'd today'." - Horace

"Be excellent to each other." - Rufus

Personally I like both places! I am going to Exit earlier in the night to check out the Secret Room and then I'm going to Twilo between 4-5 am. Thats a shitload of money but it's my first weekend back from college and I wanna go have some fun with some old friends smile.gif And I LOVE to dress up when I go out. So do not bash that. There is NOTHING wrong with dressing up and showing off. It's all about being comfortable. I do not feel comfortable being underdressed at a club. I'm sure other people agree with me. As for hooking up at Exit, NEVER!! None of the people you meet there actually look like that in the natural light smile.gif You guys KNOW what I mean. But if you only want one place, this Friday I suggest Twilo... S & D are fucking awsome! I can't wait!

------------------

AnnaBanana

Originally posted by g-money:

What do you mean?

<<<PEACE>>>

I've met sooooo many people at Exit and when we went to eat breakfast in the morning, it was like talking to a new person. There is such a thing like OVERDOING it! What I mean by dressing up is a nice shirt with a pair of nice pants or skirt, lipstick and eyeliner. I usually go clubbing with a bunch of guys so they always hook up with some chick. At breakfast, looking at some of these girls while their 20 lbs of makeup is dripping into their coffee isn't the most pleasant thing. Many people completely overdue it when going out.

------------------

AnnaBanana

Ok, here's another way to look at it (if its a choice between the two).

One club is world-reknowned, another is NOT.

One has the world's best DJs spinning this Friday, the other does NOT.

And for the people who say Twilo's music sucks. IMO, you're either musically uneducated or very narrow in your choice of music. Tell me, what sort of "music" does "Twilo" play???

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

Originally posted by sote:

twilo's dancefloor is too small, the ceilings too low, thus making it too bright since your head will practicly knock into the lights. its like dancing in someones basement. and i dont know why everyone knocks exit because we dress up or have well developed bodies. is it a sin to have self-respect.

twilo's ceiling is hardly low. if for some reason you ever go back, take a close look, and you'll notice that it's about one and a half floors high. the only reason it looks so much lower is because of the kick ass ceiling lights they have strung up.....god i'm starting to drool thinking about it.....which hang about 5 feet below the actual ceiling.

and back to the topic of exit vs. twilo.....there is no better club, there's only the one you prefer. different people go to different clubs for different reasons, and who are any of us to tell them that they go for the wrong ones?

the one thing this board has taught me is that my point of view is no more correct than anyone else's (except bastardino's), and instead of bashing someone for prefering exit over twilo, congradulate them for doing whatever it is that makes them happy.

ps.- i prefer twilo

------------------

there's no time like the present to start procrastinating!

Originally posted by raver_mania:

And for the people who say Twilo's music sucks. IMO, you're either musically uneducated or very narrow in your choice of music. Tell me, what sort of "music" does "Twilo" play???

you took the words out of my mouth. if you can't find a friday night at twilo where they spin something you like, then you shouldn't be goign to any clubs. what's so great about twilo is they represent all of the club music

hard baning house, hard techno, smooth trance, house, tech-house, progressive trance, funk-house.....and etc.

my .02

------------------

there's no time like the present to start procrastinating!

Ok, I never participated in these club vs. club debates before, but now I have to step in! Why do people say that Exit has a dressed up crowd? Everybody on this board always claims that people in Exit dress nicely, but in the times that I have been to Exit, I haven't seen too many nicely dressed people. I mean, places which have nicely dressed crowds are Float, Veruka, etc. Cheetah, I must say, has some nicely dressed people in THursdays.... but Exit?? I'm not bashing the club or anything, but since when is it a fashionable place????

Anyway, when most people go to Twilo, they leave their pretentiousness behind! And I will be one of those people this Friday boppin to Sasha and Diggers into the weeee hours of the morning. COunting the miliseconds.....

Dima

ok, well...considering that twilo is basically the only club ive ever been to...id have to go with twilo wink.gif i just can't see going anywhere else when i always have a blast there. well actually yea i can, its nice to go to other clubs to see the difference its just that you can't beat the dj's that play at twilo, not im my opinion, pvd, s&d aahhh if only oakie would play there, i think i would become a resident of NY. since it takes me 2 hrs to get to manhatton (commin from pa) i wanna go to a club where i KNOW im going to have fun no matter what. however, i think ill go to exit sometime just to see what its all about wink.gif so i can't really say which i like better, although twilo has more the more appealing club/dj's im sure

------------------

"see the music, hear the music, feel the music....now get up and dance"

aol sn: kshark81