Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sports Random Thoughts

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Dodgers-Padres game must've been fucking amazing for the people that were there. My balls started tingling while watching the highlights and I hate the Dodgers.

i'm still kicking myself for not going that night, but didn't want to see them lose twice in one week. it was a great moment, though! I was watching the game out with friends and everyone was upset because they blew another vs. the Padres and the closer was in the dugout crying like a bitch or Pedro... then the first homer was hit and everyone was yelling "c'mon hit another we can tie!" and they kept coming, it was totally unexpected.

By the time Nomar hit the game winning hr, even Vin Scully was speechless -- he ended the game by saying he couldn't add anything to what just happened. Of course, being true Dodgers, they followed up with 2 loses to the Pirates...

yeah if they don't fucking burn out like they did last year.... completely destroyed everyone regular season then sucked major cock in the play=offs.

:mad:

still mad! :blown:

but optimistic for this year of course :D

no Yzerman No shanahan =No cup for you missy

George KingYankees in 5

Mark HaleYankees in 5

Joel ShermanYankees in 4

Mike VaccaroYankees in 4

Kevin KernanYankees in 3

Jay GreenbergYankees in 4

Larry BrooksYankees in 4

Michael MorrisseyYankees in 3

Brian CostelloTigers in 4

Dan Martin Yankees in 4

:laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

Actor de la Rosa, Pedro's tiny good luck charm, dies

Associated Press

SANTO DOMINGO -- Nelson de la Rosa, the world's shortest actor and a ubiquitous good-luck charm for the Boston Red Sox during their victorious 2004 World Series run, died at a New York hospital on Sunday, his agent said.

De la Rosa, who was about 2-foot-4, died of unknown causes, producer Andres Duran told The Associated Press. He was 38.

He fell ill shortly after arriving in Miami on Friday from Chile, where the Dominican national had been working in a circus. On Saturday he flew to New York, where two of his brothers live, Duran said.

Born and raised in a small village near San Miguel, in Santo Domingo province, the charismatic de la Rosa became internationally known when he appeared alongside Marlon Brando in the 1996 film "The Island of Dr. Moreau."

The Internet Movie Database called him the world's shortest actor, and he was listed by the Guinness Book of World Records as the shortest known adult in 1989.

After the baseball fan was introduced to then-Boston ace Pedro Martinez by a mutual friend, the two Dominicans became friends. De la Rosa became a regular presence in the team's clubhouse in the playoffs of the 2004 season, in which the Red Sox won their first World Series in 86 years.

De la Rosa's body will be sent back to the Dominican Republic after an autopsy and then could be put on display in a museum, his agent said.

De la Rosa is survived by his wife, a 9-year-old son, his mother and five siblings.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press

George KingYankees in 5

Mark HaleYankees in 5

Joel ShermanYankees in 4

Mike VaccaroYankees in 4

Kevin KernanYankees in 3

Jay GreenbergYankees in 4

Larry BrooksYankees in 4

Michael MorrisseyYankees in 3

Brian CostelloTigers in 4

Dan Martin Yankees in 4

:laugh:

that brian costello knew his shit...

great game last night...brady looked awesome...defense came up HUGE when we needed it...

next week indy comes into town...i hope peyton is ready to hit the dirt and often!!!

talk to me when we shit on u just like shatted all over "the best defense in football" this weekend