Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Morillo was Horrible last night

Guest onisakura
he's another jP

14 pages minimum by tuesday....

No, i dont think that there's as much drama about Morillo as there is about JP. Its just sad to see how he's fallen off, i used to love Morillo. Lately he just sucks.

mainroom set at space wmc2006 was good..but set on the terrace was horrible imo...the entire thing sounded like one long cheesy track

his space set ibiza august 2005 is sick though i wish he still dropped bombs like that

Hex, jonny, others off the hook, Erick so so , First time back since it was sound factory looks nice had a great time but the door man was a joke .....Euro trash with his fake diamond nose ring acting like he was the shit ..... did nt like the way we dressed ie HOUSE HEADS got in any way get a life mr door man Made a comment " this isnt sound factory" Let me give you a little enlightenment Mr doorman .... you probably wasnt even in this country when it was Sound factory probably tending to your sheep somewhere else get a new yorker at the Door!!!

Hex, jonny, others off the hook, Erick so so , First time back since it was sound factory looks nice had a great time but the door man was a joke .....Euro trash with his fake diamond nose ring acting like he was the shit ..... did nt like the way we dressed ie HOUSE HEADS got in any way get a life mr door man Made a comment " this isnt sound factory" Let me give you a little enlightenment Mr doorman .... you probably wasnt even in this country when it was Sound factory probably tending to your sheep somewhere else get a new yorker at the Door!!!

I never had any probs with the doormen there. And Jerry from Deko was workin the door early on. Thanks again for the hookup Jerry.

Lets face it, MORILLO is not for NYC! he did good on his guest spots a year ago or two but as for a monthly resident he can't do shit but spin the same sets over and over. i hear the same reviews everywhere and he spins the same sets at differnt clubs. that shit might work at ibiza but will not work in NYC. he needs to read his reviews and start doing something about it!

Z

Lets face it, MORILLO is not for NYC! he did good on his guest spots a year ago or two but as for a monthly resident he can't do shit but spin the same sets over and over. i hear the same reviews everywhere and he spins the same sets at differnt clubs. that shit might work at ibiza but will not work in NYC. he needs to read his reviews and start doing something about it!

Z

Agreed!!!!

you know I consider myself a morillo fan. i LOVED his subliminal nights at centro & his set before cox at the south street seaport rave.

I went o carobar 3 times in 2004-05 for morillo and he blew the doors off every time. I didnt even mind his harder, techier passages that he's been playing the last few years and his updates of disco classics & other more mainstream stuff was great for me.

so i went to pacha for the 1st time to hear morillo pi loved lawler there & baby hec was so so] and i cant believe it but all the morillo critics since 2005 are making sense!! he didnt play that well!! i liked a few of the electro-hard house bangers, but otherwise he played way too cheesy & commercial! I cant believe he played despina vondi opa opa! so over!

the red carpet/finally mash up was pretty lame.

I dont think he played a single classic house style song!

i came in at 4- and hex hector was banging, great hard house & some tech house.

morillo talks on the mic alot but he sounded so disappointed at the small-ish turnout. lawler got twice as many people the night BEFORE new years!

I did appreciate the tequila shot a 8 am how come so few wanted one?

there were like 25 people left at 10 or so

I get a trouper award for sticking it out. he started at 430. his set just petered out after 6 or 7! he had all these builds but it was cheesy! his drum rolls couldnt even get people excited! crobar always has TONS more people than that & much more energy! plus it was $30- at 4 am! most crobar nights after 4 its $20 about.

BUT I like the pacha space! I LOVE the sound! I dont mind it loud the sub woofers are major!! went morillo let loose with the 'electro' sound it was hot. but too few real bangers like that .

2nd worst morillo set i ever heard, worst was pace miami summer 2001 he played even more KTU cheese that night.

considering that erick has 1000+ bangers hw could play in his box on any given night, he DID NOT bring his game on friday.

and he joked about 'going to 4 pm'!!! we all knew he was kidding by 8 am the bouncer was telling me it'll be over by 10 at the latest! thats 6 hours of afterhours that didnt happen cos it was so slow & no vibe!! and the crowd wasnt that hot either. a few of the hotties that i saw at lawler & baby hec pacha nights. but not that many. and a lot of nj/718 high school drop outs that are some of the lesser types at crobar. that was the crowd!

whats happened to morillo? is he turning off most of his fan base he built up so strong in recent years in nyc? or was this just an aberrational night when hios crowd didnt want to start at 430? i was ready for banging afterhours morillo he started on & off and had almost nothing left by 7 am !! he was not feeling it or giving effort!!

Z

like i stated earlier, he was probbaly saving all his best tricks for the crobar closing party in Miami cuz from the reviews i read, he brought the house down

Alot of people are turned off by the crowd...it's become a 20-something-lets-get-fucked-up-and-dance-to-anything-I-don't-care-if-its-looped-for-15-minutes type of crowd. They're there for the drugs first and him second...The last 3 times I've seen him, the crowd has gotten worse and worse.

Instead of the fucking HOT, Sexy, mature women/men he used to attract.

yes not to generalize too much but a few crowds in recent months have really turned me off: calderone/vibe at crobar [maybe grossest crobar crowd ever; despite that Vibe played 1 of best sets of 2006], mauro/DT [half gross crowd] and friday at pacha I noticed that morillos crowd has taken a real downturn. there were still a few scattered hot girls but fewer than im used to at pacha, and the odd strange empty club for morillo, who just a year ago was drawing 3000+ at crobar....

its amazing how morillos ny crowd has gone down...hopefully in a few months his pacha sets will come back up, maybe a few months in ibiza will recharge him & make his nyc crowd psyched again

Nah, he picks it way up after those beats. I know exactly what you're talking about. I walked in on St Patty's day around 330 and he was right in the middle of those beats...Around 530-6am he picked it right back up...and by 730-8 it was in full swing again...I left at like 1145 that day...it was fuckin great.

He loves those afterhours drug beats for at least 2-3 hours every set. Next time, either come right after he gets out of those beats, or try to stick it out, because he always finishes the sets up great in my experiences. But each time I've seen him at Pacha its been

Commercial beats === After Hours shit Beats === Harder/Tech === Bomb after Bomb til the end.