Clubplanet Nightlife Community

JP@ ICE or Deep Dish @ Jet????

dirtymike

I live in D.C. so I see Deep Dish spin more than I see my own mother, as sad as that sounds. So if it was ME, i'd probably go to ICE. But DirtyMike where you from, NY? If so, then you probably have the opposite problem as me. In that case go see Deep Dish.

Given that this is the first time that they will have electronic in the main room at Jet -- and most likely will be the only time they do so for a while -- I'd recommend going there. Especially since you've never been before.

They've got a lighting system in place that really doesn't get an extreme workout on most other nights (especially the huge array of LCD panels), and I've heard from a few people that they're going all-out with their system on Sunday... perhaps even bringing in some additional lighting just for the night.

On the flipside, although both clubs will be packed I think Jet is going to be overcrowded to the point where you can barely move in the main room (whether on the dance floor or along the sides), whereas you'll still have a tiny bit of room at Ice.

Given that this is the first time that they will have electronic in the main room at Jet -- and most likely will be the only time they do so for a while -- I'd recommend going there. Especially since you've never been before.

They've got a lighting system in place that really doesn't get an extreme workout on most other nights (especially the huge array of LCD panels), and I've heard from a few people that they're going all-out with their system on Sunday... perhaps even bringing in some additional lighting just for the night.

On the flipside, although both clubs will be packed I think Jet is going to be overcrowded to the point where you can barely move in the main room (whether on the dance floor or along the sides), whereas you'll still have a tiny bit of room at Ice.

How big is jet compared to ice? I might just go to jet on friday and see if i like it there. Then make my decision on sunday. Do u think it will be sold out if i dont get ticketsd now?

I live in D.C. so I see Deep Dish spin more than I see my own mother, as sad as that sounds. So if it was ME, i'd probably go to ICE. But DirtyMike where you from, NY? If so, then you probably have the opposite problem as me. In that case go see Deep Dish.

Ive seen both many times. I think its just a matter of where I will have a better time.

who is JP? I havent heard of anyone like this at Studio 54? you dont mean DJP do you? If so, go see DEEPDISH!!

Jonathan Peters has bee a fixture in the NY scene since his days as a resident at the infamous Sound Factory. Not really a fan, but he does have a rabid following of fans who worship the ground he walks on.

I'm a pretty big JP fan - but that party last year for Memorial Day was bad. Music was so inconsitant that night and there was nobody there. Probably the worst set I have heard from the man

When he spun out here at the Pimp & Ho it was a totally different story. From what I hear he has been on fire in NY as of late back @ Pacha (old Factory) - and his sets in Miami (Nikki Beach & Nocturnal) were awesome.

I'd say check out Deep Dish early and then head to JP since its supposedly open until 10 am for afterhours - thats what I'm doing. I'm guessing even if the music is great @ Jet - its going to be impossible to enjoy unless you have a table. That room is hard enough to move as it is on a regular night - add Deep Dish & Memorial Day to the mix and there will be tough enough to breathe in there - let alone dance

I'm a pretty big JP fan - but that party last year for Memorial Day was bad. Music was so inconsitant that night and there was nobody there. Probably the worst set I have heard from the man

When he spun out here at the Pimp & Ho it was a totally different story. From what I hear he has been on fire in NY as of late back @ Pacha (old Factory) - and his sets in Miami (Nikki Beach & Nocturnal) were awesome.

I'd say check out Deep Dish early and then head to JP since its supposedly open until 10 am for afterhours - thats what I'm doing. I'm guessing even if the music is great @ Jet - its going to be impossible to enjoy unless you have a table. That room is hard enough to move as it is on a regular night - add Deep Dish & Memorial Day to the mix and there will be tough enough to breathe in there - let alone dance

thx for the help. I think I might just hit up JP @ ICE. I cant stand being cramed into one spot and not being able to move. Especially after being up for 2-3 days straight.

the house room at Jet sux!! it is too small, and has a big beam in the middle of it.

Ice has a Funktion One sound system.

I have never seen Jonathan Peters so can't speak on that. but the atmosphere and vibe will be much better at ICE then Jet.

who is JP? I havent heard of anyone like this at Studio 54? you dont mean DJP do you? If so, go see DEEPDISH!!

He is not talking about DJ P. But even if you are talking about DJ P I would see him over Deep Dish any day. A real set by DJ P, not the ones he has to play for the main stream crowd at 54. DJ P has more skills then any DJ in Vegas.

but the atmosphere and vibe will be much better at ICE then Jet.

LMFAO

That's awesome. I am talking to my roommate right now, and he says there was about 25-30 people at Ice at about 5am. He doesn't have any reason to lie to me about that. There were more people than that in the VIP booth I was in at Jet. I am still holding out for the day when Las Vegas gets a clue, and stops booking has-beens like Jonathan Peters.

Meanwhile, Jet was rocking, bigtime. I finally had a reason to party in the main room, and see it in all its glory. Ice has a better sound system, but Jet's lighting system blows away anything else to be found here in Vegas. Jet was packed to the rafters with beautiful people who were definitely up for a good time. The selection of women there Sunday night (and every night, really) was simply amazing.

Sharam from Deep Dish killed Jet Sunday night...place was rocking.

Duh...anyone who would choose JP over Sharam of DD should be shot.

VegasGuy...

Even better. Sharam spinning with a place packed full of hot arse. What more could you ask for? :rock: