Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Official Heat Vs. Mavericks Nba Finals Thread!!!

sotuorlando

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

frank, the rules are applied arbitrarily, and should not be… it's rather unfortunate, but that's just the nature of the beast. when it comes to how calls are made, and how we as fans judge them. objectivity becomes rather subjective, based on your alliance. I'm quite sure the nature of this debate would be quite different, if the cards where flipped. ultimately, the best one can do is just suck it up and play... :)

for the most part...yes. my bogus comment was meant towards the league and referees in general. i wish they would just let them play and the players decide the game. not the refs. wade's foul shouldn't have been called at that point of the game (although the pic i posted spoke for itself). stack shouldn't have been suspended. and haslem shouldn't have fouled out.

unfortunately the game is called differently for different players. completely inconsistent. but like i said before, it's the adjustment you make that helps you win or lose.

the refs didn't make nowitzki miss that free throw or howard miss those 2. just like they didn't help wade make those 2.

like u said, they need to suck it up and play. game 5 is over. onto game 6!

for the most part...yes. my bogus comment was meant towards the league and referees in general. i wish they would just let them play and the players decide the game. not the refs. wade's foul shouldn't have been called at that point of the game (although the pic i posted spoke for itself). stack shouldn't have been suspended. and haslem shouldn't have fouled out.

unfortunately the game is called differently for different players. completely inconsistent. but like i said before, it's the adjustment you make that helps you win or lose.

the refs didn't make nowitzki miss that free throw or howard miss those 2. just like they didn't help wade make those 2.

like u said, they need to suck it up and play. game 5 is over. onto game 6!

I agree!

frank, the rules are applied arbitrarily, and should not be… it's rather unfortunate, but that's just the nature of the beast. when it comes to how calls are made, and how we as fans judge them. objectivity becomes rather subjective, based on your alliance. I'm quite sure the nature of this debate would be quite different, if the cards where flipped. ultimately, the best one can do is just suck it up and play... :)

wambulance.jpg

Mark Cuban fired back at The Miami Herald in his blog Tuesday after the paper printed this description of the post-Game 5 scene:

"Cuban then turned to Stern and other NBA officials who were seated at the scorer's table and was overheard to shout venomously in the jubilant din, '[bleep] you! [bleep] you! Your league is rigged!' "

The Mavericks owner denied saying games were rigged and said none of his ranting was directed at Stern.

"The games are not rigged," Cuban wrote. "That's a complete insult to the players on the court and the incredible amount of effort they put into preparing for and playing the games. All 82 regular-season and postseason games.

"The NBA couldn't rig the games if it wanted to. And it doesn't want to. It's that simple." Cuban was irate over what he considered a series of officiating breakdowns at the end of Dallas' 101-100 overtime loss to the Miami Heat on Sunday night. The loss left the Mavericks trailing the series 3-2 and facing elimination going into Game 6 in Dallas on Tuesday night.

Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2006/news/story?id=2492729