Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What dj has inspired you over the years.......

Diesel Boy and/or ORB

These DJ(s) have kept me a live for many a nights. Breathing the stall crisp hot summer air into my lungs and making my eyes water with the starchy sounds of the underworld.

------------------

"You all laugh at me becasue I'm different, I laugh at you because your all the same."

Junior Vasquez.Listening to him spin since 1986.He came at a time at the height of the AIDS crisis.I have lost close friends and two cousins.Junior's music has kept me from going insane and depression.

------------------

13 wild years of Junior Vasquez!!! DROP A HOUSE ON THAT BITCH!!!

Anthony Martinez (Of Future Primitive)

Not sure how many of you have seen him spin because he rarely spins at "known" venues anymore, but the man is a WORLD-CLASS talent, I've seen him spin like 25 times with never so much as a platter touch...plus he's always pushing the envelope, being creative, and breaking new records smile.gif

------------------

Upcoming Gigs:

Fridays - Cream, NYC

12/30 - Webster Hall

12/31 - Arena, Albany NY

12/6 - Arena, ALbany NY

1/13 - Slopes, Hunter Mountain

Sat Dec. 30th - 92.7 & 98.5 FM 3-5am

www.djrussreign.com

NY METS 2000 NL CHAMPS!

my close friend rob cause he went from spinning at little house parties to playing at the love parade in berlin. he has shown me that with hard work your dreams can come true.

------------------

cop.gif

E C S T A S Y why cause i wanna get high!!!!!

AOL J303J

Richie Hawtin

The man never fails to amaze me. His sheer musical intuition is amazing!!! I have a friend who knows Richie's little brother...now, this is only hearsay, but...i guess back in the day, Richie would drop a 10 strip or more, lock himself in his studio for a day, and come out with 10 new tracks.....

Now THAT'S the way to do it!!!!!

cwm30.gifcwm29.gifcwm24.gifcwm29.gifcwm30.gif

------------------

www.Hardhaus.com

Originally posted by the_pharmacist:

Richie Hawtin

The man never fails to amaze me. His sheer musical intuition is amazing!!! I have a friend who knows Richie's little brother...now, this is only hearsay, but...i guess back in the day, Richie would drop a 10 strip or more, lock himself in his studio for a day, and come out with 10 new tracks.....

Now THAT'S the way to do it!!!!!

DAMN!!!! thats crazy. i screw around making trax and all i ever do is smoke some herb maybe drop some e. i don't think i woudl be able to actully use all the samplers ans shit when i was trippin. i mean im sure i could come up wit some cool stuff but i woudl be buggin to much to work.

------------------

cop.gif

E C S T A S Y why cause i wanna get high!!!!!

AOL J303J

OK Of course *bow heads in silence* Larry Levan. Who inspired everyone from JR & Danny to Erick Morillo. RIP thank you for everything.

Of course there is Danny and Junior, but I am throwing in Tall Paul, Mauro Picotto, Roger Sanchez, all of Subliminal, Josh Wink, Sister Bliss (you go mama), god too many to mention. cwm38.gif

------------------

Failure is not an Option!!

I've only been deejaying 5 months but I'm most influenced by Nick Warren, Sasha and Digweed and Dave Seamen. Lately I've been getting into Steve Lawler.

As long as it's deep progressive trance or hard trance, I'm gonna give it a try.

------------------

Double-Down

[*] double-down@mad.scientist.com

It is not death if you refuse it...

The Crow (The original graphic novel)

Russ..I agree with you..I've known Anthony for a few years and he is an INCREDIBLE dj...

On a personal level...of course I have to say my fav, Jeff Mills...but one person I truly have a deep admiration for is Trevor Rockliffe....he can play funky house, tech-house, or hard techno and mix it up in a way that just makes me go absolutely crazy. No matter how tired I was..everytime I have seen him live...I could not control myself..had to get up and go crazy. That's the kind of DJ I would love to be...

-J

------------------

" I give in to sin ..Because you have to make this life liveable "-DM

Smoknjilly@aol.com

Glad to see so many of my favorites getting mention.

Carl, my all time favorite. Plstikman, Mills, etc.

More and more I am appreciative of the contributions of Sven Vath. He's right at the top of my list right now. He's still innovating and mixes from all different angles, mixes long, mixes short. He takes mixes that sound like they won't work and makes them work in unexpected fashion.

DJ Premier. One of the master creators of solid hip hop beats, gangstarr is the reason i continue to be a hip hop head.

these past 2 years, wherever i am, i always have my oakenfold and pvd CDs. these 2 have pulled me through long drives to MA in the butt crack of morning, while i pull all nighters, while i dance the night away in ecstasy, while i've cried tears of sadness, and endured the pains of being a human. wink.gif

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

kitty_cat.gif

You guys may want to kill me, BUT

Jonathon Peters....the energy in his sets, the vibe at the FActory (in 97-98 when I first really got into the scene)...Incredible,

Carl Cox- Great beats. good mixing, but the way he gets into it dancing tops it off.

PVD- before I heard him live, I thought he may be a little too mellow, but after catchin him at Twilo....I see the LIGHT!! just my type of music...

Tony Draper - FIRED UP....his set was off the hizzook the Friday I caught him at Exit...

Sorry, going off on tangents...JP, PVD, Carl, if I could take the best from each...(Don't get me wrong - that was a HHHHHUUUUGE if) cwm30.gif

------------------

Jewel Promotions invites you to CHECK OUT NYC's Newest PROGRESSIVE party SATURDAYS at WEBSTER HALL....

FOR GUESTLIST/REDUCED ADMISSION/INFO e-mail:

jewelz917@yahoo.com or mention the "Jewel" list at the door.

"NOT THE WEBSTER HALL GRANDMA USED TO GO TO"

Glenn Friscia...

I learned how to mix by taping him when he was on HOT 97 and listening back to what he was doing then trying to do the same myself. Very instrumental to my mixing abilities of today.

Also some guy who I saw at the old China Club once in like '96...Michael Kuliyan. His mixing and programming were so solid that I had to go home and actually practice that week before I went to go spin at the clubs!!

------------------

Upcoming Gigs...

Fri Dec 29th - Sequoia (South Street Seaport)

Sun Dec 31st - The Tribeca Rooftop

(www.tribec.com)

Email-DJSuhel@aol.com

AIM - DJSuhel

Originally posted by cotoncandydream:

How could you ever put JP, PVD, CARL COX, & TONY (WHO??) in the same sentence. Are you eclectic or retarded???? cwm24.gif

I am eclectic, but I see no reason why I shouldn't put them in the same sentence, after all, isn't that what you just did!? cwm12.gif

------------------

Jewel Promotions invites you to CHECK OUT NYC's Newest PROGRESSIVE party SATURDAYS at WEBSTER HALL....

FOR GUESTLIST/REDUCED ADMISSION/INFO e-mail:

jewelz917@yahoo.com or mention the "Jewel" list at the door.

"NOT THE WEBSTER HALL GRANDMA USED TO GO TO"

Anthony Martinez is off the hook, but so is Dj Robert Jr. (your love is taking me over, piano track, roaches, etc)

He spins such a variety of real deal house music, isnt afraid to drop a 15 year old record like its never been heard, and is by far one of the best beat mixers and programmers ive ever heard

Also, Baez, DT, Kenny Dope and Louie Vega, Frankie Knuckles, Armand, and David Morales-True Pioneers

WHOA-I FORGOT THE MAN HIMSELF-LARRY LEVAN (RIP)

[This message has been edited by mrmusic (edited 12-28-2000).]

its funny you brought up glen friscia...i always thought he sucked...but his track selections were dope in like 89-91...anywhow, i used to tape jeff romanowski off hot 97..and i learned one style of mixing through him...eventually it opened up doorways to my own styles of mixing...but i owe it to him...who was there (on the radio) when i was starting out (about 10-11 yrs ago) to hook me up with foundation smile.gif

Jill, this Trevor Rockliffe guy sounds good, any cd's out?

For myself, i like danceable, head boppin music. From Rap to CLub, whatever it is, it HAS to make you just nod your head, even if you're not a fan of that kind of music. That being said, i like JP, because he plays, that hard head-noddin, techno & hard house type-shit, that makes me go nuts. First time i walked into SF and JP was going off, i wanted to vream in my fuckin pants. Guys like Oliver Lieb who play hard funky, danceable techno & trance.

As far as Rap, i like Dj Premier (Gangstarr) and Ali Shaheed Muhhamad (TRibe called Quest). I've always said, that if i see a song with their name on it,without having heard it, i'll pick it up, cause i know the beat & trackline is going to be off the hook. Same for Lieb.

Long live hard, funky BEATS

peace