Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Burgular or Burglar? How Do You Spell It?

It says "burglar" in the dictionary, but most people I know seem to spell it "burgular" as it's pronounced. I read that "burglar" is the common British way to spell it, though I have read it in British websites as "burgular". Likewise, in alarm ads in the US, it seems to be consistantly spelled burgular rather than burglar. I Googled "burgular" while trying to prove a point to the local spelling Nazi Phillipio, and on Google there are pages and pages of sites and referances with the spelling as "burgular", but yet in the dictionaries it is always spelled "burglar". So why do so many people commonly spell it incorrectly in the US? How do you spell it?

burgular - Google Search

It says "burglar" in the dictionary, but most people I know seem to spell it "burgular" as it's pronounced. I read that "burglar" is the common British way to spell it, though I have read it in British websites as "burgular". Likewise, in alarm ads in the US, it seems to be consistantly spelled burgular rather than burglar. I Googled "burgular" while trying to prove a point to the local spelling Nazi Phillipio, and on Google there are pages and pages of sites and referances with the spelling as "burgular", but yet in the dictionaries it is always spelled "burglar". So why do so many people commonly spell it incorrectly in the US? How do you spell it?

You'd get more responses if you gave up on the spelling quest and just admitted to these folks that you jerk off to pictures of Fidel Castro. :D

Fidel Castro?

he jerks off to pictures of Misk and Cookie and raincry too

:laugh: Right. You have suggested me jerking off to every woman on Bump, including Lola. I don't even jerk off at all. I lost my libido and I haven't gotten it back yet. That's the fucked up affect of certain meds, and too much stress. :banghead:

Probably TMI but oh well. :biggrin:

:laugh: Right. You have suggested me jerking off to every woman on Bump, including Lola. I don't even jerk off at all. I lost my libido and I haven't gotten it back yet. That's the fucked up affect of certain meds, and too much stress. :banghead:

Probably TMI but oh well. :biggrin:

:laugh: forgot about lola

Pics that I would give big bucks to see:

- Bling bear hugging Ghosts in front of Legocity.

- TBone (Haze's old car) going airborne and flipping as Starscream runs for his life with his hands waving

- Monthb wearing an orange cutoff shirt at the back of the line of Crobar.

burgular - Google Search

there's a crapload of misinformation on the web, ss; burglar has only one accepted spelling.

Unless you're British you never use british spelling such as Colour for color. Drop the U. there is no need for it and the Queen just thought that since most words with a Q have a U, so should a lot of other words.

It's just the queens way of been queer.

Unless you're British you never use british spelling such as Colour for color. Drop the U. there is no need for it and the Queen just thought that since most words with a Q have a U, so should a lot of other words.

It's just the queens way of been queer.

i think that the brits spell a lot of things the french way (such as "theatre" instead of "theater") 'cause they think it sounds fancy :laugh2: .

p.s. i'm actually not sure if we're not the ones who bastardized that one :funny: ...

with the way cp has been suckin' lately you think this is really the direction we need to go in? fuckin spelling threads? whats next grey vs. gray?

doesn't amaze me. just think of how many people say in arguments that they "could care less."

..its funny .....that's another thing people commonly write/say wrong....its COULDNT care less.....cause if u could care less...it means u care....but people constantly say COULD ...

....as far as burglar....i never say burGAlar.....or however..i would assume most americans would shorten a word as opposed to make another syllable....

burgular - Google Search

Urban Dictionary: Define Your World

some CPers use this in a time of need

i think that the brits spell a lot of things the french way (such as "theatre" instead of "theater") 'cause they think it sounds fancy :laugh2: .

p.s. i'm actually not sure if we're not the ones who bastardized that one :funny: ...

I hear ya. I'm thinkin what you're thinkin, though maybe the Brits need to learn to speak gooder English like we be doing the way we been doing it. Fuckers think they invented the language or something.