Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Junior this Saturday

I think it's more 80% gay 20% straight, but there's usually a "section" on the dancefloor where most of the straights are, so there's a place for everybody.

I would agree with this and as the party gets later its 95 gay and 5 straight.. As a straight guy who enjoys juniors parties if you go with an open mind you will have a great time.. we like to be called breeders not straights..lol

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would agree with this and as the party gets later its 95 gay and 5 straight.. As a straight guy who enjoys juniors parties if you go with an open mind you will have a great time.. we like to be called breeders not straights..lol

yeah its kinda hard to find those "breeders" too.....hmmm so its gonna get more like roxy on a sat night?

yeah its kinda hard to find those "breeders" too.....hmmm so its gonna get more like roxy on a sat night?

Oh yeah just like roxy.. But i must say Junior fans respect us being straight at so called "gay" party.. I have never had a problem, all i say is thanks but i'm straight.. If your a guy go with a girl.. If your a girl look for me...lol

what is the door fee after like 3 am?

They may raise the price up since the advance tickets are $35, but I'm not certain.

what time is junior hitting the deacks?

He will be hitting the decks at 1:00AM, I read on Jr's messageboard.

If your a girl look for me...lol
:werd: !:beer:

he also played a great housey mix of peech boys dont make me wait. and dt's dibiza bring the drums back.

who was inj the black shirt who opened for jnr til 3 am? i thought he played some nice poppy house tracks, an effective lead in to jnr. from 3 to 4 ish jnr played some nice dark beats incl a couple hard bassline stompers. some nice poppy instrumental house trax too. by 5 he started to get darker & harder more tribally incl dibiza.

i only made it til 530 cos id been out since 11 pm clubbing in soho & drinking much wodka. actually when i got home by 7 my tummy was rumbling. so i enjoyed dancing at both clubs, i danced a lot for jnr too but cld only make it til 530 i realize i missed the meat of the event.

the crowd did seem oddly straight, even B&T but im sure after 6 am it got more boys. there was a decent energy & dancing all the night as i was there but even by 530 it was still warm up mode. what i heard of junior was good, obvs none of his peak trax - how long did he go/ 5 pm?

I like jnr at pacha and to me the guards were much ruder last week at dt at pacha but they still were frowning last night - why does pacha have such intimidating & mean looking bouncers?

who was inj the black shirt who opened for jnr til 3 am?

...MERRITT

he also played a great housey mix of peech boys dont make me wait. and dt's dibiza bring the drums back.
intro was original a capella of DON'T MAKE ME WAIT - very nice - very JR'y - his remix to follow was a bit campy but pretty effective. His master tempo was so much higher than I've ever heard him play. His mixing was a bit chunky for him (usually VERY precise) but overall there was good energy in the room. Not really a big JR fan but have a lot of respect for what he's done.

Oh yeah just like roxy.. But i must say Junior fans respect us being straight at so called "gay" party.. I have never had a problem, all i say is thanks but i'm straight.. If your a guy go with a girl.. If your a girl look for me...lol

lol. i didnt make it out this night, im disappointed - i would have got there at 5 if i tried to make it, but it was 50 to get in then, and i heard junior didn't come on until 4. im going to have to see him next time ;)

...MERRITT

intro was original a capella of DON'T MAKE ME WAIT - very nice - very JR'y - his remix to follow was a bit campy but pretty effective. His master tempo was so much higher than I've ever heard him play. His mixing was a bit chunky for him (usually VERY precise) but overall there was good energy in the room. Not really a big JR fan but have a lot of respect for what he's done.

Junior has been featuring Cevin Fisher's Illuzion "Don't Make Me Wait"...usually the Dub.

-Mike

Quote from one of the party groovers from myspace.com

Monday, August 28, 2006

Happy Birthday Junior!

Current mood: drained.gif drained

I had a BLAST at Junior Vasquez's birthday bash at Pacha in NYC. The party was Aquarium with the craziest shit ever!!! mermaids and mer-men on swings, go-go girls and boys, jellyfish umbrella and mesh decorations hanging from the ceiling, mermaid/men performers on platforms and under some kind of fabric that I am assuming was supposed to represent water. The crowd was great! ( i am so glad that the days of making a circle around some tool dancing are OVER!) We got there at 1:20am (Gary, Xander, Ryan and I) and the crowd was mixed. Some hot club girls in tight skirts, tough Italian new york guys, straight couples, gay couples. Not very many ravers (and by ravers I mean pacifier, cookie monster backpack shit---which was at Bang! in Philly) The crowd changed throughout the night and it just was amazing!!!! I met so many great, beautiful people! Juniors music is different every time I see him. Sometimes it is very melodic and vocal, but Saturday was dark and percussive with hardly any vocals. It was great though but I do love the vocals!!!!! Around 5am the music seemed to shift a little more vocal but I didn't hear the songs I was waiting for :(

I love his mix of Ain't No Other Man by X'Tina and his DeJ'Vu mix from Beyonce is pretty good but rumor had it he would debut his Sexy/back remix! By 930am we were just disgusting!!! (Compared to the fresh faced people who got up early and came to dance till 5pm) Sweaty, sober (which if you have even been shitfaced drunk and then stayed awake till you're sober again....it's not fun), plus the headeache to end all headaches and ears ringing out of my skull. I have blisters on my feet, i probably tore something in my knees and my thighs are killing me!!!But it was all worth it!!! I dance my ass off for 7 fucking hours!!!!! That's a new record for me!! Gary and I said we felt like robots after a while, we would go outside for a smoke (what a JOKE!!!!) and then gop in to say goodbye to Xander and Ryan but then we would start dancing again! We couldnt stop!Next on the agenda is Kaskade in NYC in October (i think). Stay tuned.......see my pics for a few shots from AquariumAND the best part is we didn't throw up, or do anything illegal!! well, nobody got killed anyway.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

www.myspace.com/tastesgooddoesntit

this was one of the best parties i've been to in a long, long time... also my first time seeing JR and he was great. Mixes were a little chunky at some points but the beats were top notch and the crowd seemed to be loving it too.

Merritt was turning it for the opening set, big respect to merritt

this was one of the best parties i've been to in a long, long time... also my first time seeing JR and he was great. Mixes were a little chunky at some points but the beats were top notch and the crowd seemed to be loving it too.

Merritt was turning it for the opening set, big respect to merritt

imo....merritt can't turn pancakes....he's tired.

sooo if he is soo tired than why did you post this about him in another thread?You and your whole 11 posts.Watch what you say cuz you will be called out on it.

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/new-york/311266-crobar-august-line-up-2.html#post3021923

the explaination is simple...i changed my mind. heard him at crobar and i almost fell asleep on the dancefloor. played "elektro" by outwork? good track...just lil tired now....hence the comment. plus i was "persuaded" by someone to post the other comment. i'm glad we have a posting police. i'll have to watch my mouth next time:P

the explaination is simple...i changed my mind. heard him at crobar and i almost fell asleep on the dancefloor. played "elektro" by outwork? good track...just lil tired now....hence the comment. plus i was "persuaded" by someone to post the other comment. i'm glad we have a posting police. i'll have to watch my mouth next time:P
soo you went from this

feelthis

New to the Board

Posts: 12 hello???...merritt?...he's legendary....if u don't know take some classes... start with "clubber's guide to nyc 101" he definitely knows how to work the big rooms....going to be there for sure....dark nasty beats:P

to "he can't even flip pancakes hes tired".

in just 2 months maybe 2 and a half?how many times have you heard merritt spin?