Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is the Shelter party still good?

Im going out with a few friends this Sat. and I know that the Shelter party has a great vibe. Its moved downtown but is that still a good party? And if not can anyone give me any reccomendations for the 21st for good music and a great vibe. Thanks

Im going out with a few friends this Sat. and I know that the Shelter party has a great vibe. Its moved downtown but is that still a good party? And if not can anyone give me any reccomendations for the 21st for good music and a great vibe. Thanks

No vibe at all.

if you like hanging out with old people who wish they were young and young people who wish they were old while listening to some fat black bitch scream "you gotta have souuuuul" over some awful tired house beat, then yeah, the party's on fire

clueless...there is more than tired house beats thanks..in fact timmy plays some hot drummy dub ...with insane silly percussion

if you like hanging out with old people who wish they were young and young people who wish they were old while listening to some fat black bitch scream "you gotta have souuuuul" over some awful tired house beat, then yeah, the party's on fire

You are one mean 'mofo' but I guess that's one way of looking at it. :laugh2:

Real house people will tell you that its still amazing after all 15yrs the party has been goin on, name another one in nyc that has been around this long in the underground scene.

Shelter is far from what people call gospel,soulful house, if you havent been to a party like shelter that lasts from 11pm sat night till 1-2pm sunday afternoon then dont talk. Cause theres alot of musical styles timmy plays, but yes it is a mostly deephouse party but not gospel church shit like some people think.

I was in the city to meet a friend on sunday afternoon and parked right across the street on Varick. It was about 1:45pm and the music was still pumpin, there was someone at the door, and some people chillin outside. Seems like it has something going for it to still be going at that hour...

ive gone 3 or so times at the new space & i thought 2 of timmys sets compared favourably with the best DT & junior ive heard in nyc in 2006: ie timmy is legitimately one of the very best nyc djs still in 2006 even if the 'overground' crowd doesnt go or know him or get it.

thats fine HOUSE IS a way of life & a feeling & huis music = FEELING.

hes GREAT!!!!!!!

the shelters i went to in 2006 were KICKING!!!!

I've only been to the new space once and I liked it a lot. The music Timmy and guest DJ Ben Johnson (who is back this Saturday) played was really amazing! Quite a mixture of styles, but mostly deep house and a lot of progressive house too (almost no gospel/soulful house). It was one of the best nights of music I've heard all year. As for the crowd, it's super friendly and everyone is getting down. No posers at Shelter.

I'm planning to go back on the 28th: Lee Burridge/Sleepy & Boo till 5am followed by Timmy!

the place smells on Saturday nights.. there are old, dirty, and homeless people there.

what's up with that?

ive bet you never even been there or spend time there, please you dont know what your talking about.

And for anyone who has never been heres the picture gallery from their 18hr party a couple of weeks back:

http://www.clubshelter.com/images/marathon_2006/pictures/csh_18hr_mara_06_001.html

And pictures from the 15yr Anniversary party:

http://www.clubshelter.com/images/marathon_2006/pictures/csh_18hr_mara_06_001.html

SHELTER has always been about the MUSIC and DANCING and BRINGIN PEOPLE TOGETHER OF ALL RACES/AGES/GENDERS who share a passion for nightlife.

Look at the pics you wont see people who are there to be "seen" or showing off or trying to show off their look, its all real music heads and dancers and of course the new people who just are curious but eventually become members.

The party has lasted 15yrs with TIMMY REGISFORD as the main dj since the begining, NAME another party or dj that can boast that number. And while TIMMY is an underground djs he still plays all over the world.

i still want to go to shelter; ive never been.....from everyone has been telling me sounds great, getting kind of sick of the big rooms myself

I would give Shelter a try, but Im sure the music wouldnt do it for me. Im sure everything else about the place like the vibe/ppl/etc are better than anything you would see at a Crobar/Pacha type place. Hopefully Made will do more parties in the future there. :Cough: :Cough: DANNY HOWELLS 10 HR SET :Cough: :Cough: