Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Comps and upgrades

dirtymike

Anyone have any secrets for getting comps or room upgrades from the hotels on vegas? Someone told me to tip the bell boy or the front desk and ask if they can upgrade the room before you check in. Anyone ever try this?

Ive never NOT been upgraded. Ive done every trick in the book ... and still coming up with new ones. My last trip I had the 2nd largest room in the entire hotel for the standard room rate ... for several days, almost bigger than my old new york apartment lol

Ive never NOT been upgraded. Ive done every trick in the book ... and still coming up with new ones. My last trip I had the 2nd largest room in the entire hotel for the standard room rate ... for several days, almost bigger than my old new york apartment lol

... and thats w/o gambling.

Sorry my inbox has been filling up quickly lately.

Here's my scoup .. without revealing how I personally do it, here is how you can try to do it ... from someone who has never paid for anything but a standard room rate for the last few years and has never stayed in standard room.

I dont gamble.

I have only patronized one hotel operators list of properties the last 1/2 decade.

I know what are the best rooms in the hotel so I know what to ask for.

I dont check in when all of the western world is in line.

I have to agree, I've been staying primarily at NYNY and never check in when its super busy, man you need time to shmooze and be friends:biggrin: Last time I stayed I was in the players suite, but I do like to dabble at the craps table and slots/video poker. I am going to stay at TI next stay. so we'll see :)

I wish I was you! You are my hero!!!

• 2 weeks later...
cant wait, just got a call from REHAB and my cabana is comped

HAHAHAAHAHAHHAHHAA!!! WHAT A FUCKING JOKE!!! IN YOUR WETTEST FANTASIES...IF YOU THINK I AM BULLSHITTING CHECK MY CREDENTIALS AND CHECK MY REHAB POST!!

HAHAHAAHAHAHHAHHAA!!! WHAT A FUCKING JOKE!!! IN YOUR WETTEST FANTASIES...IF YOU THINK I AM BULLSHITTING CHECK MY CREDENTIALS AND CHECK MY REHAB POST!!

i think he was mocking this thread cuz that other guy said he gets all this free room shit and then didnt share any info--thats just my take

hahaha good stuff hehetma lol ....

.... merely putting a tip on the counter and asking for an upgrade generally doenst cut it (at least not for me) - and in most times they choose not to take my tip. There is no format to how you do it, but if you have some level of creativity, and think it out before you walk up, and the situation is prime, you can pull off some sort of upgrade at minimum.

Consider who you are arriving with, when you are arriving (not just the date, but the hour), and what the purpose of your request is for. Put yourself in the shoes of the person taking the request. "Why would I give a single male arriving for 4 days an upgrade on a slow weekday?"

Understand

1. how (by staffing) they effectuate an upgrade

2. what type of upgrades they have

3. why they would upgrade

4. why they wouldnt** upgrade

Its really not that hard at all, if you think iwth a fast and open mind. But if you say something to the counter verbatim that some dood told you on a messageboard to say, you wont get junk.

In addition, think of an upgrade in Vegas in the same mindset as negotiating a room rate in any other city. I negotiated three rates in the last two days for myself (not in Vegas), and have cut down rates in one case more than 30%. Negotiating room rates is the same approach as negotiating room upgrades in Vegas

Gee, thanks for the great advice and all those tips and tricks there, LALate. You negotiated 30% off the room rates. Well, from what starting point? The rack rate? You can get that kind of discount anywhere. Travelocity, for starters. Or are you going to claim that you "negotiated" to get 30% off the cheapest rate advertised anywhere?

So you're willing to publicly drop a pair of full names for bottle service at Moon, but you're hesitant to give people concrete information on getting room upgrades.

You must live near the docks out there in LA-LA land, because this all smells pretty damn fishy to me.

Hang on a second. With all due respect LALate, Greenie has a point...

Greenie is a tremendously helpful contributor on this board. He doesn't benefit from his advice. He basically helps out in the public areas of the board because he's a helpful person who just so happens to follow the Vegas scene very closely. His posts are insightful, accurate and very neutral in general. His content makes this board a better place.

You, LALate, on the other hand, have a vested interest in drumming up VIP services leads for your company, and you often use hype and mystery in your posts with the obvious intent to spark private messages. And PMs basically enable you to give people private pitches without being subjected to public scrutiny. I'm not saying that your approach is necessarily flawed but some people perceive it as bad faith or lacking credibility when you use tactics like that in an area that promotes community discussion.

Again, no disrespect intended to anyone except maybe Mr. Freeze haha jk.

Hang on a second. With all due respect LALate, Greenie has a point...

Greenie is a tremendously helpful contributor on this board. He doesn't benefit from his advice. He basically helps out in the public areas of the board because he's a helpful person who just so happens to follow the Vegas scene very closely. His posts are insightful, accurate and very neutral in general. His content makes this board a better place.

You, LALate, on the other hand, have a vested interest in drumming up VIP services leads for your company, and you often use hype and mystery in your posts with the obvious intent to spark private messages. And PMs basically enable you to give people private pitches without being subjected to public scrutiny. I'm not saying that your approach is necessarily flawed but some people perceive it as bad faith or lacking credibility when you use tactics like that in an area that promotes community discussion.

Again, no disrespect intended to anyone except maybe Mr. Freeze haha jk.

Greenie's got owned.

MDW - Your comments are disrepectful, unsupported statements that are false. Greenie of recent has been on a hate campaign of lalate posts. A mere search of his username's posts will reveal that many/most of them are hate responses of name calling and junk toward lalate.

Greenie of recent has been on a hate campaign of lalate posts. A mere search of his username's posts will reveal that many/most of them are hate responses of name calling and junk toward lalate.

Might have something to do with the fact that many/most of your posts are making unsubstantiated claims about what you are capable of getting for yourself, what you can offer to others, and what you've experienced in the past.

I've lost count at the number of times I've made recommendations for how this board can be improved, specifically to the benefit of Vegas nightlife virgins.

If I haven't posted any lengthy reviews lately, it's only because I've got nothing to add or change to what I've already said about the various spots around town. Or the fact that simply wasn't on this board very much for the previous 6-8 weeks, and when I came back all I found was posts making boasts.