Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Roxy Closing Party...

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

voooooogue.jpgWhile it is unlikely that she will perform, Madonna is expected at the Roxy in New York City this evening for the closing of the legendary club, Drowned Madonna is reporting.

The Material Mom has been in Manhattan househunting and one fun night with her gays sounds like the perfect way to bring an end to the Roxy's run.

Another one bites the dust!

My friend just sent me this:

Thank you for making our Saturdays at ROXY the place to be for 16 years! We could not have done it without your support and we can't thank you enough for that!

It was a great closing night!!! 4300 people came out in the rain to help us close Roxy. It was a night of celebration, joy and sheer fun!!!!

We are now moving forward.... March 31st is the GRAND OPENING of our "NEW Saturday Nights at Avalon: A Brand NEW and diverse Saturday night experience" to take you well into the next decade!!!

We want to create a NEW place where the whole community can come together every week to celebrate!!!

We want to creat a NEW party that, above all, IS ABOUT YOU and not the drama!!!

We're happy to announce that Brett Henrichsen will be the opening DJ on the main room! Brett was one of the top 5 DJ's you chose in our recent survey.

1558 of you voted and out of 56 DJ's we got a great idea of your favorites. In the following weeks, we will continue to book the DJ's from your top 10 list. We always appreciate your feedback and we rely on it to know what you'd like to see at our events so......keep the feedback coming, hold on to your membership cards and.....

SAVE THE DATE!

Saturday, March 31, 2007 - The BEGINNING of a NEW Era!!!

The GRAND OPENING of

NEW Saturdays at AVALON

I will be attending the new avalon saturdays,I like the fact that it will be diverse,and Brett henrichsen is one of my fav DJs.I havent heard him since last summer at roxy,hes been out west most of the time.As for stereo,I dont think I will even bother,from the looks of it..it will probably be all about rauhofer,with a few other DJs on the side,I aint paying $20-$30 for that s**t.Rauhofer was gr8 at roxy,but now Im off of that craze.I'll take my JB card and pay half that price for a more diverse crowd at avalon and probably more array of DJs as well.It would be cool if Chad Jack started doing avalon again,hes a cool DJ too.Roxy has always been my fovorite spot,went there every saturday nite,hopefully those glory days at avalon will return.For the record,avalon isnt going anywhere right now,because of its landmark status,so no mini-mall is in the near future for that spot,according to the village voice.

Hahaha..Brett WHO??

Give me a fucking break. Cheezy circuit crap. Avalon is gonna suck big time. It will be a re-hash of something that was never good to begin with.

Roxy was all about Rauhoffer and not about John Blair. Nobody came to Roxy because of Blair. He is a clown who doesnt know shit how to promote a party. He ran Spirit into the ground and even his Sundays at Myst.

Roxy was only making money on Rauhofer nights.

People follow a great deejay not a tired 60 year old promoter who lost his steam 10 yrs ago and only survived cuz Roxy became an institution.

Blair is nothing without Rauhofer. Face it, all his great deejays ran away.

Victor and now Rauhofer and even Offer Nissim. They dont need him.

Avalon will be a festival of wannabe clowns. Blair even had to hire 10 additional promoters to bring in some crowd cuz he knows too well he doesnt attract a fly by himself to that lame old church.

Bottom line: The tacky clueless crowd will run to Avalon. The hot crowd will follow Rauhofer to Stereo.

Mark my words.

Hahaha..Brett WHO??

Give me a fucking break. Cheezy circuit crap. Avalon is gonna suck big time. It will be a re-hash of something that was never good to begin with.

Roxy was all about Rauhoffer and not about John Blair. Nobody came to Roxy because of Blair. He is a clown who doesnt know shit how to promote a party. He ran Spirit into the ground and even his Sundays at Myst.

Roxy was only making money on Rauhofer nights.

People follow a great deejay not a tired 60 year old promoter who lost his steam 10 yrs ago and only survived cuz Roxy became an institution.

Blair is nothing without Rauhofer. Face it, all his great deejays ran away.

Victor and now Rauhofer and even Offer Nissim. They dont need him.

Avalon will be a festival of wannabe clowns. Blair even had to hire 10 additional promoters to bring in some crowd cuz he knows too well he doesnt attract a fly by himself to that lame old church.

Bottom line: The tacky clueless crowd will run to Avalon. The hot crowd will follow Rauhofer to Stereo.

Mark my words.

You mean all the closed minded self-centered faggot queens will go to stereo,all the open-minded gays who appreciate avalon will be at avalon.Thats all we need on clubplanet another peter rauhofer obsessed faggot,bullshittin his little ignorant lines on the messageboard,keep that bullshit on rauhofer's cheap website,where it belongs!!!

You mean all the closed minded self-centered faggot queens will go to stereo,all the open-minded gays who appreciate avalon will be at avalon.Thats all we need on clubplanet another peter rauhofer obsessed faggot,bullshittin his little ignorant lines on the messageboard,keep that bullshit on rauhofer's cheap website,where it belongs!!!
LOL I agree with you on that one!I left rauhofer's website because of bullshit queens like that,these queens dont get that rauhoer aint all dat.He aint "the god father of house" that title belongs to Franky Knuckles,just because their bitter homo ass,is obsessed with rauhofer,doesnt mean that we all feel the way they do,they go on bullshittin,puttin people down,if that person doesnt feel the same way,that they do about rauhofer,get over it already,save that drama for rauhofer's website,Rauhofer might be a good DJ,but his fans are full of shit,and need to grow up,all this bullshittin and faggoting around they are doing is old and tacky,its nice to have a favorite DJ,but it is pathetic,to grow obsessed.

Ok, but are you really trying to compare Brett Henrichson's dj skills/track selection to Peter's... :blank:

I'm psyched for Superchumbo.

Will check out both places, its nice to have choices.

Im not comparing peter to anybody,if every DJ had the same skills and track selection,the scene would get boring real fast,and your right it is nice to have choices,especially if you are the type that likes to club hop through the nite.I may go to stereo,only on a nite when Offer Nissim is there and maybe superchumbo,I may do both places in one nite myself.For the most part,I will stick with Avalon,I have always

enjoyed my nites out at that place.

Fuck Rauhofer,I have nothing against Angel Moraes,but Ive read something last year,that indicated to me that Rauhofer has a real attitude problem,sounds like a queen who has his head up his ass,lol,his fans are no different apparently,I only gave half a shit about him because he is a house dj,and worked with roxy.Now I just see him as another fag with an ego problem.along with every bitter homo who supports him.Mark my words.

Also,I support many many...many DJs in the house music scene,even the str8 club scene,rather it be circuit or underground progressive and tribal,rather it be Merrit,Mike cruz,Chad Jack,David Morales,Jonathan Peters,Erick Morillo,Brett Henrichsen,Roland Belmares,or Roger Sanchez,thats how open-minded I am to the scene,but rauhofer,just aint one of them anymore.

Fuck Rauhofer,I have nothing against Angel Moraes,but Ive read something last year,that indicated to me that Rauhofer has a real attitude problem,sounds like a queen who has his head up his ass,lol,his fans are no different apparently,I only gave half a shit about him because he is a house dj,and worked with roxy.Now I just see him as another fag with an ego problem.along with every bitter homo who supports him.Mark my words.
peter and his fans are the most arrogant,bitter,self centered people i know in the clubscene.just go to peters board and you will see how many of his fans bash any and i mean any other dj besides PR.they are a bunch of pussies.Thats why you do'nt see PR djing any other place in the city but the roxy cuz noone wanted to deal with him or his nasty 69 camp.lets hope things change at stereo..new space...new attitude i hope.

peter and his fans are the most arrogant,bitter,self centered people i know in the clubscene.just go to peters board and you will see how many of his fans bash any and i mean any other dj besides PR.they are a bunch of pussies.Thats why you do'nt see PR djing any other place in the city but the roxy cuz noone wanted to deal with him or his nasty 69 camp.lets hope things change at stereo..new space...new attitude i hope.
Thank You!!!Someone else finally clarified that,I cant even believe JBlair and Beto Suttor but up with his shit as long as they did,The only way I will show up at stereo is for Offer Nissim.I was on Peter's board for not even a week and I left because of the bitter homo drama,They call themselves trying to ban me form the board because I aint all about that Rauhofer fag the way they are,They bashed Roxy,Jblair and all the other DJs except Peter Rauhofer on that freakin message board,According to a news article a site relating to the gay dance scene,Rauhofer has alot of unecessary

outbursts if he doesnt get his way,He must be a money hungry bastard because,I noticed that when ever he worked with Roxy the price would be $25-$30 sometimes $35 and general admission would be $40-$50,on other nites when Jblair was arranging it all it was at a reasonable $15-$20 general at $25.Now with PR doing stereo its $20-$25 and JBlair saturdays at avalon is good $10-$15.

Haha.....look at you! The pot calling the kettle black.....You had to sign on here now to bash and diss Peter Rauhofer cuz you got banned on his board from doing the same exact thing over there. You are SAD. Your main problem is that u seem to live on catty messageboards 24/7 and feed off that gossip & bullshit big time. All you do is believe what you read and what other people's opinions are. And whenever you get banned from these boards you cry like a baby......Get a life you moron.

i dont know much for his drama but i was there and i had the best time in a long time. peter rauhofer (drama queen or not) played a blinding set. she had everyone dancing. what i love is that she doesnt use comptuers or efx or abelton or all this technology bullshit. she keeps it old skool. ive met alot of peter rauhofer fans and they are all nice. mind you im straight and never have a problem taking my friends and smoe chicas to hear him play cause im not scared of them. rauhofer doesnt play anywhere else but roxy??? umm spirit..he played at crobar...now stereo. he travels all over the world and has one of the best labels around. peter rauhofer is a legend in the dance music world.