Clubplanet Nightlife Community

any oldskool clubnyc heads here?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Twilo 2000 and 2001, nearly every Friday until it was shut down.

I worked in NJ assigned from overseas, I drove into Manhattan after work, parked my work car in a parking lot, spent the entire night at Twilo. Too messed up to drive back home, I retrieved my car and drove it out onto the street and slept until late Sunday afternoon in the car so I could drive home! Worth it!

Loved it, all sorts of memories, such as walking back to the car and meeting people buying books off the streets at 5am, going back to their place for more partying. Lol

Old Skool here, Registered in 2000 . It's so funny that I met my husband in Twilo 7 years ago. We will be married 4 years this year.

I miss the Vibe at Roxy and SF. I miss SF at times.....where have all the years gone too.

Holy crap.. flashback!

Some are still lurking around.. ;)

Yes we do ^^

All this talk about the soundfactory but don't forget the limelight too, many insane great vibe party nights there. Anyway twilo rulz.... RIP the best club in my time, I miss those Friday nights, especially the Ultimate base nights with carl cox,jim masters,trevor rockcliffe and many others legends.

Twilo S&D !!!!!! Props to Exit also. Years later, I know have twins!!! whoa. Some how I could still function with 3hrs of sleep in me. All those years of clubbing and going to work the next day was training for them. They might see PVD in Central Park this summer.

• 8 months later...
hahahah you guys got to be kidding me...tell me how JP (one of NY's legendary djs) held it down at SOUND FACTORY ON 46th for so long??? If the "original" SF on 27 that you speak of was so good why did it change??? I give props to Twilo, that was a great club but you can not compare Junior at "Sound Factory" to JP at the REAL Sound Factory on 46th

this is a joke right? maybe i'm just slow to the punch.....

i was goofing around today and decided to see whats up with the old scene.

wow, i was on CP pre-2000...my old account has long been deleted.

so nice to see this thread and reminisce about the old times of limelight (holy sh!t im dancing in a CHURCH!), tunnel (the original home of DT), palladium (arena!!!!! stadium seats babeee and the lit up wall), twilo (still the best sound system around...and the big ole discoball and all the asians sitting together!), vinyl (dark, dirty, no alcohol, DT at his finest!), the original SF (junior on saturdays with all the queers...sick). what a scene it truly was!!!!! DT vs. carl cox at twilo was and always will be the BEST clubbing night/day of my life....16 hours nonstop with NO booze or drugs....my feet were sore for days afterwards! fun, friendly, great people. heck, i still remember some of the old nicknames of some of you people :)

my my, how time flies. :(

i wonder if its lame for 30'somethings to go to clubs nowadays...heck, i wouldnt even know where to go...are there even any REAL clubs in NY anymore?????

keep well guys!!!!!

It's great to look back at how amazing the scene was in the early and mid 90's. When you actually had to get picked to get into Limelight, Palladium, Club USA and others. There was no way to buy some bottles to get past the velvet ropes. Take a look at this Video from Palladium back in 1993.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5_NI2MSmp8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5_NI2MSmp8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Although I did not post much during my time here, I certainly was out and about when going out was actually an experience.

I remember just going to Twilo, SF, Big Fridays @ Roxy, Limelight, etc to hear certain songs I knew I would lose my mind too. This was right before napster blew up and I guess the whole 'exclusive' feeling began to fade.

One of the many highlights:

Meeting Digweed at the juice bar in Twilo and him making suggestions where to go on my Ibiza trip that year.

hello everyone, im here, posted back about 01--03? I stopped going out to clubs and bars but still love the house music forever, i just chill with my bf now at the crib but wanted to see how everyones doin and say hi. Its fun to go threw my old posts and see how much fun i had when i was going to the clubs and bars and how stupid i sounded (god im only 29 and i feel old as hell) hope all my old friends are doing good..

GOD BLESS ALL,

Now I am definitely not one to post too much anymore about things other than my event and other events to go to!! But WOW!! I can imagine what clubs before the 90s ( which most are talking about here) are!! If the 90s are OLD SKOOL! Then what about before?? ANCIENT??!! Im guessing:aaah:

GOD BLESS YOU ALl and KEEP YOUR EYES ON JESUS,

Brian Footwork Green

wow, lots of old skool ppl still have their accounts.

NYC is definately not what it used to be in terms of clubs and nightlife.

Used to hit up Limelight and Tunnel a lot back in the late 90's.

Tunnel was always fun, but Limelight is what turned me on to the scene and music.

Rad_

wow, lots of old skool ppl still have their accounts.

NYC is definately not what it used to be in terms of clubs and nightlife.

Used to hit up Limelight and Tunnel a lot back in the late 90's.

Tunnel was always fun, but Limelight is what turned me on to the scene and music.

Rad_

Started in 99 and SF did it for me(scene and music-wise). Only got to the tunnel once(awesome time as I remember) b/c it always seemed to be shut down. Still remember stepping out to the rising sun after a long night at SF, nice!

Had a few rave filled years in Michigan while going to MSU. Been a lot tamer since 03. Still get out every once in a while, but you are right...it is just not the same.

lolahotass

..oh my...

twilo - best time ever when i visited NYC in 1999 .. whats up girl?!

OMG I cant believe this thread, very cool.

Yea Joined in 97 ish I think, Its very cool to see some of the Screenames of the past!! Nice to see them still lurking on the boards as I on the rare occasion do.

I started at Palladium, limelight and Lived at CPI's and Factory... Ok so I was all over the place

On a side note that I hop you can rerlate to, The new Pulse 87 radio station is hiring program Directors. Wouldn't it be cool if Dangerous Dave Hanson from Old school KTU level 5 did some PD'ing over there and brting backl some of the old vibe??!! Where did that guy dissapear to?!

I guess this stuff never compleatly leaves you ( Even with kids). very cool to see. many wonderful but shady memories.