Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Studio Mezmor closing and reopening up as Club Mansion: True or False?

Any way this is a great idea, I miss the tunnel it was a hot spot, i used to love the scene of peter gaition and his clubs they were all that you could ask for in a club... good music a great light system and great atmosphere.. That is what is up......

later,

MIke

dose of reality

• 4 weeks later...

I heard the same. same ol same ol.......However this time they are actually trying to decorate. wait till you see this. I got this image from some kind folks on da inside. like, oh my GOD....what is the club scene coming too...and to think, this space was once a super club.......WHAT WILL PINK ELEPHANT DO with there euro bottle folks? I guess they will go to re hab.......again.

Here's an e-mail I received from Ric Sena regarding his Alegria parties that he hosted at Studio:

Now the bad news: I’ve been waiting patiently for news regarding the venue’s renovation schedule so I could pass the information to you. Unfortunately, I was told yesterday that Club Mansion will not be ready in time for our Labor Day event as previously scheduled. I know many of you will not be happy about this and I promise you I’m not happy either. Labor Day is one of the biggest Alegria events of the year and also my favorite one of all.

Mansion will reopen in early October, so the first Alegria at the newly renovated venue will be ALEGRIA HALLOWEEN 4, on Sunday, October 28th. Tickets for Alegria Halloween 4 will go on sale on September 4th, online at www.alegriaevents.com or at our ticket outlets in New York City.

I heard the same. same ol same ol.......However this time they are actually trying to decorate. wait till you see this. I got this image from some kind folks on da inside. like, oh my GOD....what is the club scene coming too...and to think, this space was once a super club.......WHAT WILL PINK ELEPHANT DO with there euro bottle folks? I guess they will go to re hab.......again.

Can you post the pic?

I have mentioned this a while back and have recently confirmed with my INDUSTRY sources that this information of STUDIO MEZMORE changing to MANSION is 100% completely FALSE!!! The new owners are very dedicated to bringing back that oldschool nyc dance scene where it was all about the music which is why they are planning on combining it in to two of NYC's legendary clubs. Yes that is right, they will be alternating the venue's names every weekend from TWILO and the TUNNEL. It will no longer be about models & bottles. This is exactly what NYC needs to revive the music scene. More info to follow but expect HUGE things. This will put NYC back on the map!!!!

that is the most fucking retarded thing ever. why the fuck would you change the venues name on a weekly basis. are you kidding me. i would not go just because of how stupid that is. and all the fucking 16-18 year olds that will flock there in hopes of reinventing the days they missed. get over it. bring us something new.

unfortunately i can not get in to too many details at the moment do to contract issues and what not but does the name RICHARD GRANT ring a bell???? ;)

yea you fucking moron, a convicted felon would be a again be a fantastic owner of a new club with a recycled name! he would totally keep the club out of the eyes of the nypd and feds. again fucking moron. the place will be swarming. there is no way this is true.

:laugh:

im sure the bull is using the nightlife platform to boost his dancing skills and make it as a famour choreographer

silverbull at least does not spread false rumors or make up ridiculous shit on message boards that no one would believe if they didnt even know their own name . he is great to the scene, friendly, generous and a fantastic person to party with.

Hmmm, interesting info about the club.

Down By The Hipster

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Opium Group's Plan for Success

It seems there couldn't be a worse time to open a club on 27th Street. But that hasn't stopped some of Miami's hottest shots from setting their sites on West Chelsea to make their grand entrance on the scene. Remember, Mansion is coming to the old Studio Mezmor space. If New York's biggest nightlife players are ready to abandon ship, why does Eric Milon and the Opium Group think that they will be successful? It turns out they have a genius plan. Says our Miami Birdy, "they believe that if they put the tables for bottle service on the massive dance floor, they will have another Mansion hit." Tables on the dance floor? Ah, tables on the dance floor! We get it. We so get it. Can we also make a suggestion to increase profits? Here goes. What about charging at the door? That way people pay to come in and pay for drinks. Look out J.P. Morgan, we think we have our next billionaire.

Posted by Down By The Hipster at 8:31 AM

Labels: Bars, Chelsea, Eric Milon, Mansion, New York City Nightlife, Nightclubs, Opium Group

1 comments:

NYCFOODIE said...

Don't hey have tables on the dance floor at Marquee?

August 2, 2007 10:09 AM

http://downbythehipster.blogspot.com/2007/08/opium-groups-plan-for-success.html

Doesnt 27th street look like a ghost town now,besides all those exclusive bottle service places all need to be shut down,they are part of the reason why the original vibe of New York City clublife is down the Shitter .The only places that were located on that block that made any kind of sense was Spirit (530 W 27th St)and its neighbor directly across the street Crobar (530 W 28th St) all the tacky bottle service joints have shitty music are too small to even be classified as "clubs" and are full of anti-social Snobs who are nuttin but celebrity wannabes with the stench of ever so rudeness,apparently thats at almost every venue in the city these days,including Pacha. This aint Miami,Hollywood,or Las Vegas... this is New York for Christ sake get with the program.

Mansion could be another accident waiting to happen. It will never be like it was when it was Crobar,and it sounds like its gonna be another bottle service joint for all the prejudice anti-social snobs to get in on. Ol' Skool clubheads say things aint the same the attitudes of people have changed and its all about $$$$ now,they must be on to something,because thats all I have been seeing these days. Unless this place has an actual dancefloor with actual space to dance,like Roxy,Crobar, and Spirit,aint no way in hell Im investing time and money into Mansion.This city needs to expand its nightlife market including more venues serving the Gay community and such. Probably wont happen til 2009 or 2010 depending on who the next mayor is and depending on if the pathetic self-centered attitudes of todays New Yorkers and out of towners change shape,we shall see!!! Shit Mansion could be another spot that will be hot for a New York minute (so to speak) and then the city will probably kill it just like they have done every other club in this town and it will be "Another New York Nightspot bites the dust" Further more bringing these glitz & glamor Miami clubs into NYC is not original Miami's nightlife sux as it is and they keep bringing more and more of their venues into this area and its bringing some of the Miami trash with them,nothing orginal of course,possibly part of the reason why the NY scene has dropped into the sewers. People can cop attitude on this board with me if they feel the need but hell,I speak my mind,some people just cant handle it. I just sit and laugh at the pathetic come-backs is all.