Clubplanet Nightlife Community

does MDMA mess up your back??

In all seriousness, there HAVE been studies that show that there is buildup in the spinalfluid (I have read a lot of crap on this)

That is why there is a connection between E and Parkinson's.

However, since it is a relatively new drug, there can be no proof on long-term effects, only speculation.

You also have to realize that when you are clubbing, you are on your feet (or sitting, or dancing etc.) for about 10 hours (or more)this also puts enormous pressure on you back that you're going to feel later.

------------------

Din Da Da

Originally posted by cazz926:

In all seriousness, there HAVE been studies that show that there is buildup in the spinalfluid (I have read a lot of crap on this)

That is why there is a connection between E and Parkinson's.

However, since it is a relatively new drug, there can be no proof on long-term effects, only speculation.

You also have to realize that when you are clubbing, you are on your feet (or sitting, or dancing etc.) for about 10 hours (or more)this also puts enormous pressure on you back that you're going to feel later.

The connection between E and parkinson's is the number 1 myth about E. It only exists becasue of a lazy writer who didn't check up on his information. There was a chemical (MDTP -something close to MDMA) that was linked to parkinson's but the writer made a mistake and wrote in the article that MDMA was linked to the disease instead. From there the rumor exploded to the overblown urban legend it has become today.

Read for yourself

http://www.dancesafe.org/erumors.html

Rumor #2: MDMA drains your spinal fluid

False. Some clinical studies on MDMA have been done by withdrawing some spinal fluid from laboratory animals (and occasionally humans) in order to measure the amount of serotonin metabolite present. This has led to the strange rumor that taking MDMA will drain your spinal fluid. We have spoken to a number of doctors who have assured us that the only way spinal fluid could drain out of one's spinal column is through some kind of hole, either from a spinal tap or some kind of physical injury. It is MDMA research, therefore, not MDMA, that can drain your spinal fluid!

Well said. smile.gif

Dancing on e causes stress to your lower back. That is the only reason why your back will hurt. smile.gif E does not drain you spinal fluid or whatever it is.

i have been dpoin e for a while and everyone i know twitches and shakes from it...

i kinda believe the parkinsons

------------------

oasisnyc.8m.com

(Oasis9389@aol.com)

GUESTLST @ exit, tunnel, sound factory 201-725-8858

(oasis guestlst)

By dipped i don't mean literally DIPPED into and completely enveloped by lsd. Just as blotter paper is coated pills can be the same way. How in the world can you rely on "dancesafe.org" which tests maybe 50 pills or so on their site..IF THAT..when there are MILLIONS floating in various batches and concentrations. If you put all your faith behind a webpage to determine the safety of what u do that's wishful thinking. As for the visuals..sure it can be MDEA or MDA but it is very possible to get a flipped one. EVEN if a pill is stored in the same bag as lsd tabs.

Just be careful.

jsc

Originally posted by oasis:

i have been dpoin e for a while and everyone i know twitches and shakes from it...

i kinda believe the parkinsons

Then you're fucked for life. It only gets worse as time progresses so you better get to a doctor now.

Originally posted by saintjsc:

By dipped i don't mean literally DIPPED into and completely enveloped by lsd. Just as blotter paper is coated pills can be the same way. How in the world can you rely on "dancesafe.org" which tests maybe 50 pills or so on their site..IF THAT..when there are MILLIONS floating in various batches and concentrations. If you put all your faith behind a webpage to determine the safety of what u do that's wishful thinking. As for the visuals..sure it can be MDEA or MDA but it is very possible to get a flipped one. EVEN if a pill is stored in the same bag as lsd tabs.

Just be careful.

jsc

That makes some more sense. As far as dancesafe is concerned they have tested thousands of pills. But like you said there are millions out there so you never know. But testing those thousands should show the probability of certain things being in a pill.

thats what i mean

that and also like just lying still and tiny twitches here and there

i also get that falling thing you describe kinda like wake up short for breath with a uncontrolled jump right?? kinda like you are falling in a dream and wake up..

------------------

oasisnyc.8m.com

(Oasis9389@aol.com)

(oasis guestlst)

For those who c'n'pasted the myth busters nice one (say KnoW to drugs!)....now from personal experience the sore back comes from 3 areas.....dancing like a mother fucker, the long time you lay in bed recovering tongue.gif

and as one of my exgirlfriends put it, the 'sexercise' you get up to the morning after wink.gif

As for pills 'laced with acid' there is some truth..... over here 'local product' (we're a long way from Amsterdam wink.gif ) is generally not MDMA, a cheap option is to use straight up amphetamines with a (very) little bit of LSD, and something like rohypnol as well....this is then sold as tripstacy

------------------

..................coming soon to a dancefloor near you------------------> boa_boy@yahoo.com

no its true some pills are definately laced wiht acid... microdots atleast some are the one i had sure as hell was it was insane! i was so fucked up for the next week! but the back thing i have to and i always wondered about it but im almost positive its from the dancing b/c i went to a doctor and he said i swelling between my vertebrae due to dancing. so there you go smile.gif

------------------

Ravers don't fall...they trip and roll! hehe;)

for all those who recommended dancesafe.org i'm with you. good info out there.

as for those with the back pains, if they are lower back pains... some researchers say it might is actually pain from dehydrating your kidneys. as far as i know e is an anti-diuretic. i won't get into the details about what ADH (anti-diuretic hormone) does. simply it means your body retains the water that usually passes through your kidneys into your bladder. as a result it makes sense that your kidneys gets dehydrated.

so drink lots of water before and the afterwards. during your roll be careful not to drink more than one pint of water an hour if you are dancing, and half pint if you are not.

hope this helps.

there isn't one person i know that has done e numeros times that doesn't twitch when they lie still in bed

is there someone on this board who is an e-head who can say they don't twitch atleast the nite of when u r trying to sleep?

------------------

oasisnyc.8m.com

(Oasis9389@aol.com)

(oasis guestlst)

Originally posted by libyagirl:

as for those with the back pains, if they are lower back pains... some researchers say it might is actually pain from dehydrating your kidneys. as far as i know e is an anti-diuretic. i won't get into the details about what ADH (anti-diuretic hormone) does. simply it means your body retains the water that usually passes through your kidneys into your bladder. as a result it makes sense that your kidneys gets dehydrated.

so drink lots of water before and the afterwards. during your roll be careful not to drink more than one pint of water an hour if you are dancing, and half pint if you are not.

hope this helps.

Yea, I heard that too...Well said..

• 7 years later...

Actually it is good for your back. I take it every day for my lower back pains

i have done it for a while and i have some back pains here and there

bt i have heard it drains your spinal fluid or somethin someone else tells me that it twists your spine in an awkward position..

and i have a few older friends that have stopped doin it for the most part and pretty much all of em have bad backs

???? any reliable info ??

------------------

oasisnyc.8m.com

(Oasis9389@aol.com)

(oasis guestlst)

try 5-htp when you go to bed. It's an amino acid that may help you sleep. Studies suggest it helps with the seratonin production when you are sleeping. We all like saratonin... it's what makes you high when you take E. Normally your receptors "uptake" it, but when you take E, your brain can't deal with the surge and there's a build-up...that's the high.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's basically what happens.

Back problems...kidney thing sounds legit, dehydration is a bitch. I've twitched all night off a bad hangover, so, I'm not so sure it's the E, but maybe the dehydration.

• 2 weeks later...