Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What does everybody do in the "Real World"

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work for an B2B solutions internet company. I can usually wear what I want as long as it isn't black skin tight vinyl with nipple clamps. The assless chaps don't really work either. Sometimes I wear a suit when I meet with Clients or go to conferences. I don't mind it, pimpin' is oftentimes nice. Everyone at work knows I club but I do not care. I am what I am. The people I work with are young, fun, and enthusiastic. Most like to party. Pretty cool most times. I use the job for the $ and the experience. I will move on when the challenge is gone or boredom sets in, whichever comes first.

------------------

im unemployeed but live comfortably on savings and stocks.

Originally posted by cathyo:

Just wondering, what kind of work does everybody do. Would your co-workers even recognize you at the clubs? I know mine wouldn't! It's fun to see people acting as wild as ever at a club and then find out they're 3 piece suits during the week! So what's your daily grind?

------------------

Wow, never in a million years would I've thought YOU worked for a library. Please don't take that as an insult. But all poems that you display in here . . . well "library" just didn't cross my mind. =P

BlueAngel

Originally posted by Saint:

Now, back to the topic. I work for The New York Public Library. Not the best of jobs when it comes to $, but I have all the other freedoms one can ask for (I have a month vacation coming up...YEAH). I was a student and plan on going back this fall (Either NYU or Marymount Manhattan College...or Hunter). I'll be going to HB this summer to take some acting/singing classes so that I can better myself. At night I've been doing the poetry thing in cafes all over the place. It's one of my newfound passions. My long term goals are to be an actor/spoken word artist/semi-musician/fiction writer. I do not plan on working for someone else my entire life, and will see to it that my goals are met.

My boss's would recognize me but they wouldn't believe it if they saw me dancing on a stage half naked getting my shake on. They think I'm this little shy minority boy that knows nothing about life. I hate pompous librarians. My real co-workers, they know me to an extent, that's why my nickname here is Psycho. Anyways, let me end it there...peace, Saint!!!

------------------

Music is the language of souls . . .

Hi, My name is Josh. I am a 21 year old student from New York. I am looking to work in either the fashion or club business this summer. I have spent the last 5 months studying in london (as well as covering every inch of the brilliant london nightlife) and travelling to over 10 countries in the past five months. Last summer I worked in the he womens division at Ford Models assisting booking agents. I have a very outgoing personality and a strong passion in the New York nightlife. If you could assist me in any way I would appreciate it greatly.

Love life kids....

------------------

Melville uh? Me too... Where do you work?

Lori D

Originally posted by christie:

I would say my co-workers would be QUITE surprised!!!! lol

I work for a large company in Melville and i dont think leather or 5 inch platforms would go over well here!

Would be a trip to run into someone from the office in SF on a Sun morn though!!!

------------------

Uhmm, unfortunately... International Trade Banking.. Its VERY boring , and its VERYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY corporate.. but it pays the bills .. so thats a good thing. smile.gif

Located in Mid-Town Manhattan

People would probably definatley recognize me in the club scene, I usually push the limits w/ my clothing and makeup here in the office ..

------------------

ha, you think that's boring,

i am an actuarial analyst..

i work across the way from you JP Morgan people! i would love to see my co-workers at a club! but i highly doubt it, nonetheless- us corporate people are all living double lives though, don't you think?

*kitty19*

------------------

Your right it is funny the single women in my office always try to hang out with me and my friend works with me but if they ever saw us out in a club I wouldnt have a job on Monday LOL......im sure there are alot of people in this situation

------------------

I work for an Internet start up company

they might know who I was when I'm out.. they've seen pictures.. it's preety funny... it's a mixed group here... but only one of my co-workers goes clubbin' and well his annoying so I wouldn't want him to notice ma anyway.. lol

------------------

the best things in life are free

lecy337@hotmail.com

• 2 months later...

I'm a trader on an arbitage desk for a private investment partnership. Basically I get to play with my firm's money - lots of it.

I definatley agree with the corporate people leading the double life!! - If they only knew........