Clubplanet Nightlife Community

can somebody explain why dj scott project is cheese??

highmay

I think of all places, I would expect to hear some of DJ Scott Projekt's stuff at Exit. Actually, I'm pretty sure I've heard his stuff there in the past, around the summer of 2000. Unfortunately, I won't be returning to that place for awhile, so I can't really back up my statement right now.

I usually refer to the NYC hardhouse sound that is defined by producer and DJ extraordinares like Johnny Vicious, Plasmic Honey, Cosmic Gate, etc as "NYC Cheese Hardhouse". I say this b/c everyone knows what I am talking about when I say I want to listen to that kind of music for the night. Don't me wrong, I LOVE the cheese! Absolutely love it, and I know in PFloyd's heart he loves it too! wink.gif

Some examples, well IMO, are NyC cheese house:

"Moments" by Johnny Vicious (all time fave)

"Got the Groove"

"Relentless"

"Unspeakable Joy"

"Baby wants to Ride"

"That's the way Love is"

"You're in the Dark"

"Drum Theory"

"Deep Kemical"

you get my drift? i cwm38.gif cheese!

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

kitty_cat.gif

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by kitty19:

I think of all places, I would expect to hear some of DJ Scott Projekt's stuff at Exit. Actually, I'm pretty sure I've heard his stuff there in the past, around the summer of 2000. Unfortunately, I won't be returning to that place for awhile, so I can't really back up my statement right now.

I usually refer to the NYC hardhouse sound that is defined by producer and DJ extraordinares like Johnny Vicious, Plasmic Honey, Cosmic Gate, etc as "NYC Cheese Hardhouse". I say this b/c everyone knows what I am talking about when I say I want to listen to that kind of music for the night. Don't me wrong, I LOVE the cheese! Absolutely love it, and I know in PFloyd's heart he loves it too! wink.gif

Some examples, well IMO, are NyC cheese house:

"Moments" by Johnny Vicious (all time fave)

"Got the Groove"

"Relentless"

"Unspeakable Joy"

"Baby wants to Ride"

"That's the way Love is"

"You're in the Dark"

"Drum Theory"

"Deep Kemical"

you get my drift? i cwm38.gif cheese!

KIIIIIIIIITY smile.gif

thank you

long live the cheese biggrin.gif

you going to twilo for howells? can't wait... and nick warren!! being waiting forever for him to play twilo... should be a great nite

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

[This message has been edited by PFloyd40 (edited 03-06-2001).]

Originally posted by twilogoddess:

Cosmic Gate are not from NY. cwm13.gif

its fits the nyc cheese genre

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

ask a stupid question... get a stupid answer

you see...i dont think its a stupid question...if you call it cheese, please define it...if you cant come through with no justification of your definition, then scot project isnt cheese, it's good hard acid trance.

and i dont think webster hall knows who scot project is.

------------------

Coming soon...

The signature that will end all signatures...

AOL: Highmay9

Napster: Jayme

Originally posted by highmay:

you see...i dont think its a stupid question...if you call it cheese, please define it...if you cant come through with no justification of your definition, then scot project isnt cheese, it's good hard acid trance.

and i dont think webster hall knows who scot project is.

its a stupid question b/c i described why scott project is cheese on this thread already... thus alluding to certain attributes which comprise the "cheese" label

------------------

hmr3.gif

its a stupid question b/c i described why scott project is cheese on this thread already... thus alluding to certain attributes which comprise the "cheese" label

Ok. You know what? I apologize on behalf of all Scot Project lovers. I apologize for hearing that loud thumping bass and blood -pumping energetic beat that can make anyone go on the dancefloor. Sorry.

Sorry if Scot Project isn't Danny Howell. Sorry if he doesn't choose to be fluffy. Sorry if he isn't Oakenfold.

Sorry if he is Scot Project.

But you know what? Scot Project can create energy like no other DJ can. He doesn't make everyone go "YAY!!!" He makes grown men let out primal screams on the dancefloor. If that isn't your cup of tea, see you at Chris Lawrence or some other "beautiful" trance DJ. We don't want them.

We want French Kiss, Second Trip, Fire Wire, Somebody, Scream, Thunder in Paradise, and Back to Earth. We want to pump our fist up in the air and thank god we're men's men. And I, personally, want to hear these songs through the Phazons. Peace.

------------------

Coming soon...

Ok. You know what? I apologize on behalf of all Scot Project lovers. I apologize for hearing that loud thumping bass and blood -pumping energetic beat that can make anyone go on the dancefloor. Sorry.

Sorry if Scot Project isn't Danny Howell. Sorry if he doesn't choose to be fluffy. Sorry if he isn't Oakenfold.

Sorry if he is Scot Project.

But you know what? Scot Project can create energy like no other DJ can. He doesn't make everyone go "YAY!!!" He makes grown men let out primal screams on the dancefloor. If that isn't your cup of tea, see you at Chris Lawrence or some other "beautiful" trance DJ. We don't want them.

We want French Kiss, Second Trip, Fire Wire, Somebody, Scream, Thunder in Paradise, and Back to Earth. We want to pump our fist up in the air and thank god we're men's men. And I, personally, want to hear these songs through the Phazons. Peace.

and i'm happy for you...

but i dont' recall bashing him ever once on this thread... i called him cheesy.. watered down.. commercial..

never said he sucked.. was awful etc.

so enjoy scott project... good for you.. no one EVER said not too...

and wherever you got that i like fluffy trance from is beyond me... i like evil progressive, tech-house, real house, and two step, and straight out techno..

dont' know how this whole thread snowballed into this.. but for the record, i do listen to scott project.. when i'm smoking treez on my boy msoprano13's system.. its still cheesy though IMHO..

goodnite

------------------

hmr3.gif

Noize

I honestly can't see how you can get into Scott Project music at a club..

When I hear one of his tracks at a club I feel like banging my head against the wall until it's over..

The man lacks originality..

If I never hear another one of his records it will be too soon..

------------------

..It Wasn't Me..

SCOTT PROJECT MAKES ME GET UP AND DANCE NO MATTER HOW TIRED OR SHOT DOWN I AM. WHEN ONE OF HIS JOINTS COME ON I RUN TO THE DANCEFLOOR

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

AIM:MSOPRANO13

Email: msoprano13@yahoo.com

Ganster-01.gif "IM GONNA MAKE YOU AN OFFER YOU CANT REFUSE" MSOPRANO13

scott project is cheese.. but everyone needs a little cheese in their lives now and then...

Ok then...define cheese.

I'd like to see the answer to this.

------------------

Coming soon...

Ok then...define cheese.

good question

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

AIM:MSOPRANO13

Email: msoprano13@yahoo.com

Ganster-01.gif "IM GONNA MAKE YOU AN OFFER YOU CANT REFUSE" MSOPRANO13

Yeah, its true DJ Scot has a hard ass beat, but thats the only good quality of his mixes. The synth loops in the rhythm line are not very melodic and does not create any catchy tunes at all. So what you get is cheesy synths on top of hard beats. I do love a few of his mixes that do have quality rhythm line on top of his banging bass line, but MOST are just sadly annoying beeps that don't create any good melody.

Originally posted by tranza:

Noize

When I hear one of his tracks at a club I feel like banging my head against the wall until it's over..

YOU FORGOT ITS GUIDO MUSIC,ON EVERY MIXED CD IN EVERY RECORD STORE,YOU SURE CANT DANCE TO IT,THATS UNLESS YOU JUMP AROUND IN SF AND HAVE CONVULSIONS,DO PUSHUPS,OR SWING YOUR JUICED UP ARMS AND THROW ALL YOU NASTY SWEAT ALL OVER THE REAL MUSIC ENJOYING PEOPLE!!!1

------------------

they know what they know but they dont know what they know..what the f@@#8!

Ok then...define cheese.

[/quote.......JERSEY HOUSE......

------------------

Noize

YOU FORGOT THE FACT THATS ITS ON EVERY GUIDO MIX CD FROM HERE TO TEMPS LOL

AND TRY DANCIN TO IT???

YOU CAN IF YOU ARE ONE OF TOSE PEOPLE IN SF THAT EITHER: DO PUSHUPS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DANCE FLOOR,JUMP AROUND LIKE AN CONFUSED ANOREXIC ON JUICE HAVING CONVULSIONS,OR SWING YOUR SWEATY ASS NEEDLE HOLED ARMS EVERYWHERE

------------------

Noize

YOU FORGOT THE FACT THATS ITS ON EVERY GUIDO MIX CD FROM HERE TO TEMPS LOL

AND TRY DANCIN TO IT???

YOU CAN IF YOU ARE ONE OF TOSE PEOPLE IN SF THAT EITHER: DO PUSHUPS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DANCE FLOOR,JUMP AROUND LIKE AN CONFUSED ANOREXIC ON JUICE HAVING CONVULSIONS,OR SWING YOUR SWEATY ASS NEEDLE HOLED ARMS EVERYWHERE

------------------

I think this thread has indeed snowballed with forced opinions and arguing a subjective case on an objective level...and here's my opinion, he's my favorite deejay (along with DJ MacGuyver) who I have come across that produces the sweetest bass sound. To me, his music is all about the energy regardless if all his songs are engineered the same way. As for engineering songs, I do alot of remixes and some song writing and it's so easy to get into that loop hole, into the usual way of remixing or writing songs while being hard to be diverse. I have a certain style and can only change it if I'm concious of it, but naturally my style is distinct and can be noticed in all my remixes being similar and they are all engineered the same way. I just can't see DJ Scott producing a song that doesn't have his usual elements in all his songs...that's him & that's what you can expect from DJ Scott. As an example, the bass sound in Elastique Culture is the hottest sounding bass/beat sound I have come across...it's rich, full, and food for the soul...

Originally posted by clubmanxtc:

AND WHY DONT I EVER HEAR ANY OF HIS SONGS IN EXIT.

Are you kidding me??? That's ALL Draper plays!!!

He's always playing U, French Kiss, The Second Trip, Thunder in Paradise and ALL the Arome tracks..........Pay attention next time you're there, I'm sure you'll be able to pick out at LEAST 2-3 Scot Project tracks...

cwm38.gif

I'm not a fan of dairy products myself, probably because I am lactose intolerant. But Scot Project is here today and will be old in a few months...just wait. Some other person with a new bassline will come out and then everyone will rave and bash him at the same time...

peece kids...

Carson cwm6.gif

------------------

AIM:Carson11115

What are you talkin about. I listen to scot project everywhere. In the tanning bed, on the way to the club, when injecting my 3 cc's of winstrol, when I'm at the gym getting all huge, At the end of my chest day workout I see if I can do pushups to the beat, now that is a tuff workout...

keep bangin' scotty

Guido.

------------------

AIM: Carson11115