Clubplanet Nightlife Community

**UPDATED 3** Recent examples of a collapsing club scene:

V. Barbarino

Guest Editor
I have a satin Ovo "members Only" jacket

Cool. Someone should throw a one-nighter in honor of the jacket. Have it mounted in the center of the room underneath the disco ball with a couple of thousand-watt spots on it. Groovy. ;D

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ezgoing74

If you go back to the begining, we were followers. 1 or 2 djs, 1 or 2 clubs. And 1 or 2 drugs. Now we are leaders. To many djs, clubs, parties, promoters killing each other. Nowadays we are moving up, getting married, working, no doing drugs, that's why I think about it twice about what party I go to and what I do.

Saleen I think you are just frustrated.

Guest redcommibastard

Well...I dont know about YOUR club scene - but OUR techno scene was banging all the way till 5 am last night - so take that you winers ;)

Guest dancefloored

why dont we get a warehouse owner to get someone to book a dj like Timo etc, so we all have plenty of room to dance and not a bunch of folks with their hands in their pockets?

just a thought

Guest Devilicious

why dont we get a warehouse owner to get someone to book a dj like Timo etc, so we all have plenty of room to dance and not a bunch of folks with their hands in their pockets?

just a thought

There are more than a couple of people around who own warehouses and throw parties at them, or rent them. If you organize the event I'm sure they would gladly rent you the space :)

Guest pod

why dont we get a warehouse owner to get someone to book a dj like Timo etc,

Here's the thing, any star DJ with half a brain isn't gonna play some dodgy warehouse party for pennies, when they can play Space, Cameo, etc, and get a decent paycheck, sans the risk of playing a warehouse.

Like it or not, parties that aren't strictly above the line are coming under surveillance again. Every so often, law enforcement has to make a show of doing something about those "damn kids and their ecstasy and L.S.D.", and it's one of those times. So, be careful where you go after the club. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about.

Also, think about this. A lot of DJs aren't US citizens and are here on a visa. They get caught at some dodgy party, and it's bad news all around.

Guest xmuzik

you just won the thread :) dude just hit the nail on the head with a sledgehammer

man... i just wish 25% of the people on this message board would get up one day and move to either Orlando, Atlanta, Tampa, San Diego, hell, even Las Vegas... or just some other city besides here, NYC, or Chicago.. Live there for one month... and you all will realize that we have it fucking made here in Miami.

Whoever is complaining about how miami's scene sucks has never lived outside of Miami.. and doesnt have a friggin clue about how fucking lame the scenes are across the country.

It blows my mind that people complain about Miami's scene. Sure, ok... we all know it's not the same that it was back in the day.. but for fucks sake... we still have it very good here.

Stop bitching and complaining.. go out.. have fun... and be thankful that the local government here still allows us to have 24 hour liquor licenses and not a 2am cut off time like 90% of the country has. You people are like whinning, spoiled brats.

geeeeez.

nick ull be able to add one shortly if all works out well ;)

how the fuck did space not make a profit off of sasha? that place was slammed ridiculous style .. :P

I hope it's not the rumor Nocturnal can't afford to pay their trash company so their trash is piling up behind the club.

ewww lol

Guest coach

how the fuck did space not make a profit off of sasha? that place was slammed ridiculous style .. :P

Time for some new blood, I guess.

Guest Sobebeats

Well...I dont know about YOUR club scene - but OUR techno scene was banging all the way till 5 am last night - so take that you winers ;)

redcommibastard you are such a liar!!!!

SB TeKKnO Parties are another example of a collapsing club scene as looserjunkies know it. :P

And yes... I am being a trouble maker!

Guest 029

redcommibastard you are such a liar!!!!

SB TeKKnO Parties are another example of a collapsing club scene as looserjunkies know it. :P

And yes... I am being a trouble maker!

yup .. another example of a collapsing lung scene ..

thx all you chainsmokers! ;)

Guest pod

Exactly.

Why do people take DJ bookings so personally?

Ohmygod, XYZ booked Tiësto, fucking people over there, I tell ya! I'm such the music god, that they should hire me as their music director. I'd book Jay Jordan, Ken Ripley, Ozomati Dummkopf, DJ Wawaweewa, and even that guy who played DJ's boyfriend in Full House. That'll show them!