Clubplanet Nightlife Community

**UPDATED 3** Recent examples of a collapsing club scene:

V. Barbarino

Guest musicalmissionary

Oh please, get off your high horse. I could care less what they think. It doesn't make me feel better. Drinking does. You know that. Only reason I single them out is because, at least in Miami, they have this severe lack of understanding how things work around here.

Me... on a high horse? I'm not the one looking for every opportunity I can to take shots at people who have a "severe lack of understanding how things work".

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest myles hie

And stolen from the wmc cj forum, Defected canceled their wmc events.

post from their site

http://forum.defected.com/viewtopic.php?t=19827

The point is lost.

Reasons why we ain't going to do a party:

1. There way are too many parties.

2. There are fewer and fewer punters that actually know their shit.

3. It takes 3 hours to get through immigration.

4 It takes 3 hours for a cab to go 4 blocks up Collins Ave. The traffic is appalling

5. The sound systems are appalling and the attitude of the clubs is even worse.

6. The City of Miami does not actually want the event to happen. closing down parties for NOISE, parking your car outside a club, over crowding, people having a good time, some bloke picking their nose in public.

I am sure that it is going to happen, well something will be going on.... but as to if it is has been actually a 'happening' event over the last few yeras is something that has been discussed for a while now.

It used to be about networking, promoting your shit around the Fontainbleau. The moment they moved away from the poolside focal point the event gradually lost more and more focus.

It takes ages to plan an event like this and costs are considerable. If it was your time and money.....would you bother????

Translation: We can't afford it this year.

Guest musicalmissionary

Not to mention they probably lost their asses last year when their Nikki Beach party got rained on. I'm sure that still leaves a sour taste in their mouth. Beh... I could care less. Their quality artists are already playing other parties.

Guest myles hie

Beh... I could care less. Their quality artists are already playing other parties.

Exactly, another $50 party that won't be happening, i can barely hold back the tears :'(

Fuck"em

We can do without them.

As far as them complaining about a Cab taking too long to go through Collins' date=' I would recommend they walk just as James Holden and Petter did during last years confeence. Which makes it a faster commute to get where yu want to get during those times.

[/quote']

lol yep. same shit happened when i cabbed it over with Vaughan, Andy caldwell and fred everything to the fifth from blue.. hell we walkled blocks until we finally decided to take a cab

walkin way faster....

Guest pod

Heh. We agree on something finally, Myles. There's hope yet.

David, it's not that I'm on a high horse about this, it's just that well, I see this all the time, and it gets annoying when the answer is staring them right in the face. Believe me, I would love nothing more than to see the people you and your crew listen to to play down here to a successful party outside of conference. But every time I see someone outside of the "Top Ten" booked here, they're taking the wrong tack on the Miami crowd. You can't promote the DJ anymore, excepting the "Top Ten", as the main draw to an event down here. It's tricky, but you can still book him or her. The ideal way is to pretty much go "Hey, we've got a nice club, great crowd, drink specials, etc, and by the way, we booked DJ So-and-so..." ... Not "DJ So-and-So" in 144-point font on the flyer. Sadly, it doesn't work that way.

Guest myles hie

Heh. We agree on something finally, Myles. There's hope yet.

The ideal way is to pretty much go "Hey, we've got a nice club, great crowd, drink specials, etc, and by the way, we booked DJ So-and-so..." ... Not "DJ So-and-So" in 144-point font on the flyer. Sadly, it doesn't work that way.

Rut row..2 for 2 today

Guest musicalmissionary

David, it's not that I'm on a high horse about this, it's just that well, I see this all the time, and it gets annoying when the answer is staring them right in the face. Believe me, I would love nothing more than to see the people you and your crew listen to to play down here to a successful party outside of conference. But every time I see someone outside of the "Top Ten" booked here, they're taking the wrong tack on the Miami crowd. You can't promote the DJ anymore, excepting the "Top Ten", as the main draw to an event down here. It's tricky, but you can still book him or her. The ideal way is to pretty much go "Hey, we've got a nice club, great crowd, drink specials, etc, and by the way, we booked DJ So-and-so..." ... Not "DJ So-and-So" in 144-point font on the flyer. Sadly, it doesn't work that way.

This has been rehashed so many times lately that I don't think there's anyone left on the boards that doesn't understand that. I keep getting on your case because it seems you don't want to move on. Name me one "trainspotter" on the boards that posts at all that you think "doesn't get it". At most you can't even come up with a handful of names. So why keep making it sound like an epidemic? It's over... we've all come to grips with reality by now. Sorry, there isn't much left for you to educate us on.

Guest Philip

same shit happened when i cabbed it over with Vaughan, Andy caldwell and fred everything

i hope none of these matters will be appearing in HBO's upcoming new series, Taxicab Confessionals

Guest VitaminSki

Ok Ok It's not - 20 or 30 below here in Jackson Hole.... Its a balmy 26 at 3:30 am FUNNY SHIT WHEN 26 FEELS TOASTY!But, today was the first day over 32... (freezing) in 6 weeks!

.... No good choons in JH tonight some lame ass DJ from SF Shissla that the promoters slayed 10 bones from the public. I opted for plan be a bangin' full MOON ski on Teton Pass with 5 or 6 inches of fresh powder. Not the Columbian or even Peruvian marching pow..... Ma natures cold smoke! Just poured my self a nightcap of GreyGoose and tonic splash o cran..... jammin bbc's essential mix on the mac....... wish I could morph myself to the patio for sunrise with OG! Fuckin' have Gregory pour me a tasty breakfast drink!

But what I have to get you bro Brahs in Miami dialed into is fucking Micky Slim! Get back to the Underground! This kid is NOT booked for WMC...... THE KID IS MONEY!!!

He is blowing up! IMPLODING!

Chow Mein,

DV

• 1 month later...
Guest coach

Wow. I retract my previous statement. Had not read the other thread. Time for LP to join forces with David Kelsey and the South Beach Hotel and Restaurant Association and put some pressure on the M. B. commission.