**UPDATED 3** Recent examples of a collapsing club scene:

V. Barbarino

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Marina22

Well, that's South America, etc.

Let Miami be it's own planet. If techno doesn't catch on here, well that that's the way the cookie crumbles.

I was just asking and interested, was not saying anything about Miami. I figured I didn't mind threadjacking in Saleen's thread and a thread that's gone in so many directions at this point. ::) Thanks Ramon.

Guest JustDade

<<Trivia Quiz: What was the first real nightclub to open in SoBe?>>

Club Z (1980+/-)

1235 Washington Ave

We have a winner! Club Z opened when there was nothing on South Beach. Imagine that they took the space, (now Mansion), because it was cheap.

Guest pod

The successor to Z appeared in a few Miami Vice episodes, no less.

What I'm wondering is what club appeared in the episode Calderone's Return: Part 1 - The Hit List.

It was too complicated to be a constructed set. Very low ceilinged sort of place.

Guest coach

<<Trivia Quiz: What was the first real nightclub to open in SoBe?>>

Club Z (1980+/-)

1235 Washington Ave

By what definition? There've been "real" nightclubs on Miami Beach since the 1930s.

Guest Devilicious

The successor to Z appeared in a few Miami Vice episodes, no less.

which ones? All I have is season 1.

There's been a club/party venue in almost all the episodes I've watched. They dance funny.

Guest pod

I'm trying to find the club from "The Hit List" right now. The one where Crockett tries to reconcile with Caroline while the Argentinian is gunning for them?

25 years from now they'll think we dance funny too. ;D

Z/1235 was in some Season 3 episodes I think.

Guest Devilicious

I'm trying to find the club from "The Hit List" right now. The one where Crockett tries to reconcile with Caroline while the Argentinian is gunning for them?

25 years from now they'll think we dance funny too. ;D

Z/1235 was in some Season 3 episodes I think.

Yep I remember the episode you're reffering to :)

and they'll only think we dance funny if they watch videos of the Asian Sway or the 5-6-7-8 girl at Space. Or maybe of Steve.

That reminds me of a German guy I met at Space Ibiza who tried to tell me Americans dance from side to side and Europeans dance from front to back, lol.

Guest swank
Oscar's point is very true...people grow out of clubbing.

Qualify that. *Some* people, you could probably even say *most* people, turn into stay-at-home couch potatos. Others continue to enjoy the nightlife.

I don't know and I'm the oldest guy in this conversation.

Are you sure about that?

I think so. I'm 43 now.

Ohhhh! You squeaked it out!

depends what month :P

Guest swank

looks like a downstairs bar where david Solero 'good peoples' used to do their party a few years back. It was off of Collins and 18th I think...

since been closed...was a write up in the paper about the place...but my old age makes the name slip my mind.

Guest pod

I wonder, when disco began it's decline, if there was a CJ around, would there have been the same thread? Would Steve Rubell be a lurker?

Guest Devilicious

I wonder, when disco began it's decline, if there was a CJ around, would there have been the same thread? Would Steve Rubell be a lurker?

You know it! We've observed many times that Space is the closest thing to Studio 54 today.