Clubplanet Nightlife Community

**UPDATED 3** Recent examples of a collapsing club scene:

V. Barbarino

Guest lyrik

Jon,

Unfortunately not everyone was around back in those days. The average "club age" of the people on this board is maybe reaching back to '02 at most. Average age. There's some that have been around for far longer.

I think it is funny though when some people treat, say '04, as "back in the day".

Bling is old school by association...he's like that one friend that actually likes to hang out with your parents and grandparents and talk about how it use to be. :D

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest davidorth

I focus on one thing....dancefloors full of people willing to experience house music..

exactly. and in the end, that's the only thing that matters.

Guest lyrik

If that's the case I'm ancient history by association. I know people who have been doing this since the 70s.

Ya - I've been doing it since the womb...after my traveling days up the vaginal canal were over.

Guest spinderella7713

the reason why other citys have a big "underground" party is because they dont have the privliages that Miami does with EDM. The only way to have EDM in those cities is to have underground parties....1st off the fan base isnt big enough for a club to make a night out of it and 2ndly they dont have the 24hr party that we are blessed to have.

Guest pod

Very interesting point. Those little cities and so forth with the 'underground' scenes Ramon fantasizes about and Bling, for whatever reason, proselytizes about, have them because of the restrictive operating hours and legal environments those cities pose. And they can get more "daring" because they're not operating for profit. Simple as that.

Of course the downsides are prosecution, arrest, PMITA prison, all sorts of fun things. Nevermind if some jackass decides it's a good day to die and keels over after ingesting too many pixie sticks cause his Myspace buddy said it'll "fuck you up good!".

Guest coach

the reason why other citys have a big "underground" party is because they dont have the privliages that Miami does with EDM. The only way to have EDM in those cities is to have underground parties....1st off the fan base isnt big enough for a club to make a night out of it and 2ndly they dont have the 24hr party that we are blessed to have.

Excellent point, Spin. I have said this many a time, myself.

Guest spinderella7713

Excellent point, Spin. I have said this many a time, myself.

but then we have our culture issues.....lmao :P

Guest MiamiJunkie

this thread still here ? jeesh !

i thought Oscar sumed it up for everybody ...

dont have any more popcorn or chicken fingers to continue reading this thread anymore :D ::)

Guest coach
OK, I've got a question to pitch here. What would it take for everyone to lighten up and have fun? I'll be honest, I miss the days where this forum community would go out and have a good time. I'm talking like 2 years ago here. Nowadays it seems a lot of us are marred in (to bastardize a term) sectarian disputes, if you will.

You need to kick off everyone who has been here more than 3 years and bust out the advertising to the "new blood". It seems like you aren't adding as many new members as 3-4 years ago.

Guest pod

There's only so many people to go around. With the CJ forums, we're not so concerned with quantity as we are quality. We can say "Well, we've got X amount of people, but it's the sort of people you want in your club...", not "We've got 9835605604675674567 members, 90 percent of whom are scumbags..."

Guest frankthetank

There's only so many people to go around. With the CJ forums, we're not so concerned with quantity as we are quality. We can say "Well, we've got X amount of people, but it's the sort of people you want in your club...", not "We've got 9835605604675674567 members, 90 percent of whom are scumbags..."

What's the percentage of members who reside outside of Miami? (ball park)

Guest coach

Hey, you asked. As you've noted, correctly, on many occasions, the majority (not all) of the club market turns over about every 3 years. You want a crowd of people energized and ready to go out and have fun? Then you need to make sure you are adding in that new group every 3 years.

Guest swank

Entertainment value, yeah. But definitely people should take a lot of what has been discussed here into consideration. The dance scene isn't dead, but it does need our help.

Not to play devil's advocate here, but I'd like to think Barbarino has the best interests of clubland at heart. I've seen him out before, and unlike a lot of people, he tends to make the best out of any situation and enjoy himself. "Shit Pod, this DJ is horrid, but the bitches are hot, let's get a beer..."

OK, I've got a question to pitch here. What would it take for everyone to lighten up and have fun? I'll be honest, I miss the days where this forum community would go out and have a good time. I'm talking like 2 years ago here. Nowadays it seems a lot of us are marred in (to bastardize a term) sectarian disputes, if you will.

Take a look at the older galleries for some pointers.

Edgar V @ Crobar.. nuff said.......

or the massive meetups at Nerve

bling, those spots are way too new too the stuff we are referring to... that was already when sobe was on its demise and this is coming from one of the owners of nerve.... you need to go back to warsaw, groovejet, la bain, parragon, even bash in the early 90's to see the scene we are referring too... crobar and shadow snuck in at the very end but that was when clubbing in sobe was already in its downward trend unfortunately....... bring back the briars! (groovejet)

le Bain, Bash....[the good ole days] [/for you POD]

Guest rounder19

Just because you showed up at Shine and got comped in and your pal at the bar gave you some free drinks does not make you a supporter....it makes you a leach. If you leave and complain about the lack of support, it makes you an asshole too.

post of the year!

Jon,

Unfortunately not everyone was around back in those days. The average "club age" of the people on this board is maybe reaching back to '02 at most. Average age. There's some that have been around for far longer.

I think it is funny though when some people treat, say '04, as "back in the day".

yep i started clubbing in miami in the final yr of the original club space. ... so i cant really say anything beyond nerve. from my experiences

places like nerve, privilege , crobar and blue have had the best board meetups since ive been going out

Guest coach
places like nerve, privilege and blue have had the best board meetups

Crobar, biatch. Bar none the best meetups I've ever seen.

btw when i refered to nyc, san fran, dallas, etc. i am refering to the underground scene.

we all know that san fran, nyc and chicago will always have a really strong mainstream nightlife industry.

to me underground is exactly what it is. BYOB.. warehouse parties where people go for the music and if they break even or even make some sort of profit.. thats just an added bonus...

only ones i see in this city that at least is mentioned on this board is

joe's warehouse parties........and the residence parties

i also want to highlight something marina said a while back about mansion when she went to hear timo maas

I can comprehend it from both sides of the coin

VIP crowd spends the $$$ so Mansion ropes off most of the main room to cater to that crowd. Is that bad? Nope..

They bring in an underground dj to satiate the headz and bring in the cash at the same time by having a large VIP area

the problem is the undergound headz want to dance and when you have no dancing room available except at the far corner of the room behind the couches. which is a veritable clusterfuck of people going in and out of vip.. or the stairs in front of the ivy room then yeah people will voice their opinion.

personally this is why i go to small hole in the wall places and avoid larger venues.

Hell I like Roger Sanchez but i havent gone to see him at space only because i like to actually have dancing room. being shoved around from one corner of the patio to the other because its slammed is not my idea of a good time.

blame my old ass i guess.... so be it.. yeah i said it im OLD lol

yah i wont see a PVD, Tiesto or Danny Tenagalia play at Blue or Laundry bar but at least ill have room to dance..

course these venues bring in djs that cater more to the music heads as well becuase they can (they dont have the high overhead costs that pod has mentioned before... etc)

space will always pack it in...... cameo will pack it in..... mansion will continue to dominate the hip hop scene on sobe.

life goes on.......

HUH?!?!?!::)

underground?

warehouses?

byob?

Dallas?

underground headz?

room to dance?

mainstream nightlife industry?

commercialization?

Bling...are you serious?!?

if it wasn't for the very things you criticize...you wouldn't even be aware of this scene you claim alliegeance to...

When you discovered EDM a few years back...and you were listening to PVD, Armin, Tiesto etc... at Ultra with 20,000 people smashed up against you and you had your hands in the air worshipping while wearing your custom "I love Trance" t-shirt....you had no fucking clue about these things you speak of now..BUT, thanks to that scene, you found this music and this scene.....so why knock it?

the way I see it is....

The Tiestos, PVDs, Morillos etc......are a very important part of this...they are the gateway drug...They are an introduction to a culture which at this point is pretty rich with talent...

I love this music...and as an artist I want EVERYONE to experience my music...I dont care who they are or how underground they claim to be..

If they are on the floor while Im playing house music...they're cool with me!!

trust me im not knockin on these djs. i got into the scene thanks to 2 djs in particular

1. paul oakenfold

2. Edgar V

im just saying personally ive grown out of the insane trance parties. (which were fun as hell. )

hell tiesto wmc 04 at space for magik muzik nite was one of the best nites still to this day. he owned that room... it was sick

ill never knock where i came from. pvd and oakenfold have laid the foundation for many djs to come thereafter.

its just not my cup of tea anymore. does that mean it sucks. no it doesnt. its just a matter of personal preference.

the main reason i avoid those events is the massive crowd sizes and inability to dance. (mostly because i realize... i dont have the energy or patience to deal with it like i used to)

not because the party wont be a good one

Guest spinderella7713

Oh, I'm not saying we aren't. ;D Retention and recruitment is important.

Take Dj box of Rocks for example.....new, quality member!!!