Clubplanet Nightlife Community

female dj's suck

I keep hearing all this hype about female dj's personally I think it is a load of old bollocks. As usual after the men trail blazed the art of dj-ing for 30 years a couple of jilted birds got the bright idea to dj and the reality is they all suck.

A. M. Isogynist

It has nothing to do with whethr your Male or Female, it has to do with HOW YOU WORK THE MIX & HOW YOU WORK THE CROWD...That's all that counts...

Real DJ's Do It On WAX...

-M

------------------

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one." Louis Armstrong

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

Right on Mac-

Senerio: Your at a club... You hear this dj spinnin, kickin ass, everybody's groovin. You don't know who the dj is, all you know is that the music is phat. Do you care if the music maker is a he or a she...

Do you convince yourself after you find out it's a woman that the music really wasn't all that good? Come on now. How cares what sex, race, religon, size, color or creed...it's all about the music...remember?

------------------

-Tchick

misstress barbera is the shit! also, there are a lot more women dj's in amsterdam. I saw a couple while I was over there, and let me tell you, they were the shit as well. rap and heaven are good too. female dj's rule. It's the year 2000 people!

Bottom line- Just because there are female DJ's who are better than you, don't start making generalizations - Just practice harder...

Dont be threatened by them, just admire them for blowing up in the face of adversity from the likes of you.

Susan Moribito...LOL...She does like a workout session for gay muscle boys at SF on Wed I hear...She's like 55 years old, back from when she played at...fuck i forget the name, it closed in 88, my memory is shot, i personally think shes awful...

-M

------------------

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one." Louis Armstrong

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

Hey does anyone know of dj kiara? She's a japanese dj that spins mostly hip hop. I went to a flip party back in september of last year and it was the best music i've heard. but i can't seem to find out where she spins these days...i read somewhere that she spins at cheetah on thursdays but she wasn't there last week.

obviously you have never been in a room where Jackie Christie or DJNA worked the crowd. I've seen Jackie work several different crowds with different types of music and her production is on point too. DJNA blew up the spot at the WMC in Miami after hours at the MIX not to mention they are both hotties! As a male dj I welcome the ladies into the field as long as they are all about the music it's cool. I have an up an coming female dj opening up for me on a regular basis- deal with it they are here to stay!

[This message has been edited by thepulse (edited 07-13-2000).]

I've never had any favorite female djs, but just heard Lisa Loud from London

last month at a huge event in LA.

She was awesome, a cute blond chick that was jumping around and really into the music! Very cool!

- does anyone know who the chick DJ was in the movie GROOVE??

it could have been a trannie, I'm not sure..

You New Yorkers are the sh*t. Whenever I need a good laugh, all I have to do is come read a couple of messages over here.

I'm with those who agree that there are plenty of females ripping it up on the tables. Anyone who can't recognize that is either deluding themselves or just hasn't seen the right DJs. Besides guys, tell me it isn't great to see a hot lady up there working the crowd because she knows exactly what she's doing?

Trinity--I'm pretty sure you're thinking of DJ Polywog. She's from SF.