Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Where do you guys buy your music?

Simple question i guess....even though i keep looking for hidden, more underground music, even in these dim categories of trance, goa, acid whatever...you find mainstream stuff and stuff further underground, im just wondering where ou guys go? the intenet? any particular stores in NYC or LI i should go to?

It all depends on the format. For vinyl, Sattelite is good. For anything else, I get me stuff via ftp sites and exchange site/groups. Just transfer the mp3's to cd and you're good to go. Plus, that way to get unreleased songs way before they're pressed on vinyl.

All you'll need is a PC w/ a high speed connection, a burner, and some songs to trade with. Good luck...

------------------

Keep it movin'!

Corporate

djcorporate@hotmail.com

There is a place in Westchester called Love Music. I think it's in New Rochelle. They have all those Soundfactory CD's and stuff like that. And if you tell them that you have less money with you than the CD really costs....they may even cut you a deal (hint hint)

those burned, pirated CDs, i get at bulldog records/andy's CDs in queens.

i also like checking out the CD stores along st. marks place--

norman's sound and vision have really cheap new cds (even though some of them are promo CDs, but whatever),

joe's CDs usually has a good selection of used electronic music for a fairly good price, and you could check out their new CDs too (their imports are all 50% off right now).

or get free mixed tapes of DJs trying to get it out right now-- fairly interesting the stuff you may hear..

and i like the free CDs that come with Mixmag, Muzik, and all those peachy UK mags. gotta love them. smile.gif

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

Originally posted by lolly:

There is a place in Westchester called Love Music. I think it's in New Rochelle. They have all those Soundfactory CD's and stuff like that. And if you tell them that you have less money with you than the CD really costs....they may even cut you a deal (hint hint)

See now I'm gonna tell Angelo to watch out for your cheap ass.. Spend the $18 whats the big deal?? What does he give it to you for $16?? *Yawn*

As for Vinyl..

Satellite is good if you have patients.. I cant shop there cause I always get into a fight with some asshole employee..

Beyond Bass is good for Imports, and promos..

Deca Dance is good for Imports and Promos too, but it's a lil bit harder to get hooked up in there than BB..

Eight Ball is great for Domectics..

Sonic Groove is good for more rave orientated music..

------------------

Hit My Damn Music...

Guest clubkid77

Satellite records if i wana leave my house

otherwise www.planetxusa.com

AND my big source! www.juno.co.uk <---this place kix ass

its mail order, in swingin london, its tax free and they get shit usualy a week before satellite, not only that but its prety cheape all the prices are in british pounds, but i got like 5 tracks, with shipping for 36$ not to shabby

If you're looking for cd's and anywhere in Staten Island check out Our Music Center or Infinity records, both on Hylan Blvd. They got all those Sound Factory, Exit, Tunnel, Temptations cd's. Funny how the Sound Factory volumes down there are so different from the ones up in Westchester area or New Jersey. every store just puts their own mixes out. also there will be a website starting soon that will sell all these cd's online along with some good hip hop mix cd's. probably in like a month.

Tune town is garbage, im not sure what you buy there for those high prices..ive been going the napster/ftp route for a while, but you still cant find all the good stuff without doing a lot of research, FTP sites usually require spending time on irc so i dont do that too often...i have been burning onto CD for over a year, must have tens of thousands of dollars in pirated CDs and software, its not funny. i could be a napster poster child.

Originally posted by lolly:

Satellite is good if you have patients.. I cant shop there cause I always get into a fight with some asshole employee..

I am not a dj

but I use to record shop with my friend

and spending HOURS at satellite is murder

Scott Richmond needs a swift kick across his twisted ugly face

the employess he hires has no clue on what goes on?

I've watched him ignore many patrons trying to ask him questions? (there your friggen customers!!)

Mr. Kleen is cool from what I remember

he should of been a priest cause I think he touches little boys.

(is that doofy goon still there)

bottom line is if you picked up a record from there and tried to listen to it during the years of 95 - 97

and the needle of the turntable was all fuked up

that was me bored trying to be

DJ CARLOS scratching

------------------

TECHNO MUSIC

more fun than 4 hookers and an 8-ball of coke

I usually get my vinyl at 8 Ball records. I went to Satellite the other day for the first time. Was impressed with their selection but not their help...or lack of I should say.

Where are some other hot spots to hit and where I wouldn't spend so much $$$.

As of now 8 Ball is my fave and a place on 3rd and Bowery I think? Johnny Viscious owns it. Back Beats Records I think it's called?

------------------

Double-Down

It is not death if you refuse it...

The Crow (The original graphic novel)

[This message has been edited by doubledown11 (edited 07-26-2000).]

[This message has been edited by doubledown11 (edited 07-26-2000).]

This isn't exactly a "where to buy" list of places, but I really like Throb amongst all record stores I've been to. Why? Because unlike some places, the employees there mind their own business.

I love it there because the employees don't blast their mixing, (so you can hear your own selections) nor do they bug you about your music. I usually don't like it when employees approach you like you don't know where you are or what you're looking for. When I go record shopping, I know what I like and I search based on what I know. If I want help, I'll ask for it. But I prefer to mix music that only I like. And I know where to look - I don't need some employee offering me a Venga Boys 12 inch!