Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what other types of music do you guys listen to?

wait..there is other kinds of music?!?

haha...jk, weezer is the shit, i like some rap, basically anything but country

------------------

"Your not going crazy, your going SANE in a CRAZY world..."

aol sn: kshark81

home.gif

look!! a Kudama!!! (princess mononoke)

Salsa, Classical, Hip-hop, Reggae, Spanish Rock, Rock, Merengue, Cumbia, Vallenato, Flamenco, R&B...

Can't think of anything else right now.

------------------

People come into your life for reasons not yet known, keep your mind, heart and soul open.

AIM: Xxlea77

Originally posted by nabuc:

j303j,

if you've been on a jazz kick check out Charles Mingus Thirteen pictures. u will def get into it.

thirteen pictures is f'ing sweet. mingus, coltrane, some blues (REAL blues), classical, world music, alternative, big band, swing, ska, punk - most everything but hardcore rap and country.

Ordered Joi - One and ONe is One this morning, but currently in my office:

*Beck - Odelay

*Tonic - Sugar

*Reel big Fish - Turn the Radio Off

*Chemical Borthers - Brother's Gonna Work it Out (remix album

*Chemical Brothers - dig your own hole

*New Radicals - maybe you've been brainwashed too

*Sarah McLachlan - Surfacing

*Mest - Wasting Time

*Eiffel 65 - Europop

*Jim - Burn the Boo

*Jimmy Buffett LIVE - Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays

*Madonna - Music

*GU 007, 009, 017

Kind of a schizophrenic mix, eh?

------------------

"Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

any and everything. Music shapes life... what I listen to determines my moods so I tend to listen to everything given the right environment.

//sariman

------------------

P eace

L ove

U nity

R espect

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today!" -- James Dean

Old School/ abstract hiphop - Tribe, Gangstarr, Guru's Jazzmatazz, Digable Planets, De la, Common, Mos Def, Old EPMD, Doug E Fresh, Slick Rick, Marley Marl, Pete Rock & CL Smooth, BDP, Beastie Boys, etc.

Classic Rock/ 60's/ 70's - Rolling Stones, Bob Marley, Lennon, Billy Joel, Pink Floyd - The Wall.

Blondie, Sarah Mclachlan , Tori Amos, Donna Summer, Marvin Gaye.

80's

heavy metal ... baby marilyn manson and rage against the machine r my 2 fav. bands!!!

------------------

"your traveling to another dimension a dimension not only in sight and sound but of mind a journey into a wondrous land whos boundaries are that of imagination your next stop the twilight zone." athenalust@hotmail.com

I love all sorts and i make a point to not only listen to, but to also GO SEE LIVE as many different kinds of music as i can. Latly, I have been listening to a lot of 70's funk, a band called galactic, pearl jam, and that super space funk known as phish. There are way to many people out there who only listen to one kind of music. anyone who shuts themsleves off to different kinds of music is an ignorant fool. when you broaden you musical horizons, you can apperciate music like never before.

Peace,

Michael

------------------

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

I also listen to rap/r&b ... but not as often as I used to. I'm a newbie to trance/house so all my listening pleasures are devoted to getting caught up these days. I also like a bit of Cantonese/Mandarin pop ... helps me remember my semester abroad in China and 4 years of Chinese in undergrad. Then there's some classical music and opera in my collection as well. cwm38.gif

------------------

Work like you don't need the money,

Love like you have never been hurt,

Dance like nobody is watching.

I listen to whatever, with the exception of country music... It's all about variety... my Winamp list looks like it's having some internal identity crisis... everything from 80's to Salsa, Stan Getz, Dave Matthews, Harry Connick Jr., Ozomatli, motown... etc. It goes on and on...

- Meli -

------------------

buttercup_02.icobubbles_06b.icobuttercup_07.icobubbles_03.icobuttercup_01.ico

"MeliChaCha -- Saving the world before bedtime... wait... I'm supposed to SLEEP?!"

"I've said it before and I'll say it again: Life moves pretty fast -- if you don't stop and look around every once in a while, you might miss it." - The incomparable Ferris Bueller

2001: THE YEAR OF THE CHACHA!!!

... and to all my people, "Peace -- and Humpty-ness forever!"

AIM: MeliChaCha

E-MAIL: MeliChaCha@powerpuff.com <--- new addy!

OR MeliChaCha@aol.com

Originally posted by ichi_gami:

*Beck - Odelay

*Tonic - Sugar

*Reel big Fish - Turn the Radio Off

*Chemical Borthers - Brother's Gonna Work it Out (remix album

*Chemical Brothers - dig your own hole

*New Radicals - maybe you've been brainwashed too

*Sarah McLachlan - Surfacing

*Mest - Wasting Time

*Eiffel 65 - Europop

*Jim - Burn the Boo

*Jimmy Buffett LIVE - Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays

*Madonna - Music

*GU 007, 009, 017

Kind of a schizophrenic mix, eh?

nice selection. if that's a schizo mix, i must be off the deep end.

anyone interested in some great jazz guitar - check out charlie hunter at the bowery ballroom this friday and saturday nights.

sick sick sick 8 string guitar player. see you there.

------------------

you can judge the quality and content of one's character by the way they treat someone that can do nothing for them...

what better than picking and choosing random 80's songs for the mood -- aka AINT NOBODY (chaka kahn) or anything Richard Marx, Phil Collins etc.....

I remember in HS i lovedddd Pearl Jam, Counting Crowes, U2, Prince, and very Enya-ish world music...ITs always so funny looking through your old cd's and sometimes puttin one on and stilllll knowing every single word

One of the chillest most fabulous cd's to date --- Dee Lite - Dewdrops in the Garden, and all of their cd's actually --- everyone DL some of the tracks, I guarantee you will love that one!

------------------

xoxo "Drugs may be the wrong path...but at least its a scenic route!" xoxo

MissDiva19@aol.com

i listen to pretty much everything. usually when im in my car i just throw on ktu or z-100 and just listen to whatever is on there. yea and htat includes backstreet boys and nsync and britney and all that. its catchy so i listen to it.

peace out

gianni

------------------

AIM: GGFELLA4

EMAIL: iannuzzi4@yahoo.com

0200.gif

HOMER DANCING TO JOINTS!!!

Basically everything accept for most top 40, country, and most RAP.

-Oo

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image." -Eckhart

"Solitude gives birth to the original in us, beauty unfamiliar and perilous - to poetry." - Thomas Mann

I'm def down with dv8's selection of "old skool/abstract hip-hop" or whatever he (or she - i dunno) called it. Tribe is the greatest, but i love Common too and Mos Def, new Lyricist lounge CD is great, all the jazzmatazz, esp Loungin off the first one and timeless w herbie hancock on the new one. Jedi mind tricks are up and coming, they have a lot of good shit, some just ok but some really tight... also check out Talib Kweli's CD Reflection Eternal.. that shit is off the hook. Jurassic 5 too, they keep it real nice. New OutKast CD is great, mostly because it's so original... those guys are absolutely dropping bombs. Even Macy Gray gets down on lyricist lounge, jazzmatazz etc and it sounds great. Much better than her pop stuff. Yuck to that.

Oh yeah... hip-hop is pretty much all i listen too. All the good stuff, dv8. All the good stuff.

~~

------------------

ski_accident_md_wht.gif

"Happy the man, and happy he alone, he who can call today his own, he who, secure within, can say, 'Tomorrow do thy worst, for I have liv'd today'." - Horace

"Be excellent to each other." - Rufus

"Para no morir, tiene que bailar." - Ricky Martin