Clubplanet Nightlife Community

So..any one read any good books lately? (Literary highs?)

What with all the clubbing most people do in here I'm surprised if any of you can squeeze in a book into your lives.

I'm still trying to finish THE TWO TOWERS by Tolkein (It's alooong series but I'm enjoying them very much never the less)

And onh my book shelf I have the DUNE series waiting for me..

Yea, I know; "Mugz stop with the escapism" your saying but HELL....

books can take you to places that no drug ever could.

What's YOUR literary high of the moment? :book:...

...anything by Rick Bass or Jim Harrison. Really think you'd like them. They are modern american writers. My favorites are Sundog (sooo awesome), farmer, wolf, etc. Jim Harrison wrote Legends of the Fall, but that's really not his best. Also read the Red Tent recently (can't remember the author). Its about the time of Jacob, but written from the perspective of the women (like Rebecca and Leah). Really interesting if you know bible stories at all (and its NOT a religious book at all).

Read the Tolkein stuff so long ago - my dad had a first addition hardcover with these big ass pull out maps in the back - he taught me to read using them :)

Guest gabo

Iam still stuck on the Garfield series... That Garfield and Odie what comedic geniouses:D

I really havent read a novel in quite some time. I am a art lover and I read books on art even though I cant even draw a straight line!

this..... however i love to read and do it frequently... not embarassed about that. however i do not read great pieces of work. i love smut!! there i said it..... :) the smuttier the better for stacychase... i just read The Clinic by Jonathon Kellerman. It was a suspense, freaky murder mystery, love story, with a twist about a small dog book!!!! i am now in search of jonathon's next great book.... i also love danielle steele books.......:eek:

disco bloodbath by James St. James. Its about drugs and clubs. This is a recent book, so they even talk of TUNNEL & LIMELIGHT. wayyy cool, i can't put the fucking book down. and thats totally not like me.

its talks about a murder actually, but what led up to it was the club life and the change in club kids.

Originally posted by clubbingirl

disco bloodbath by James St. James. Its about drugs and clubs. This is a recent book, so they even talk of TUNNEL & LIMELIGHT. wayyy cool, i can't put the fucking book down. and thats totally not like me.

its talks about a murder actually, but what led up to it was the club life and the change in club kids.

How great is that book? I read it over a year ago and am contemplating reading it again. Did you see the movie "Party Monster" - it is about the same subject....

Originally posted by clubbingirl

I read that book too not too long ago. I couldnt put it down! It was a great book. IF you are intersted in learning about tthe club scene in the early 90's you definetly need to read it. :rolleyes: :book:

"Catcher in the Rye" is my favorite book and I keep reading it over and over because I find new shit everytime I read it. It's also been blamed for many historical events like assinations and what not but thats not why I read it. Its just damn good!

Fingerprints of the Gods by Graham Hancock....my second time reading this book, it's awesome. All about the pyramids in Egypt, Macchu Picchu in Peru, the Mayan calender, the Nazca lines...that sort of stuff.....really, really good read.

Originally posted by barvybe

...anything by Rick Bass or Jim Harrison. Really think you'd like them. They are modern american writers. My favorites are Sundog (sooo awesome), farmer, wolf, etc. Jim Harrison wrote Legends of the Fall, but that's really not his best. Also read the Red Tent recently (can't remember the author). Its about the time of Jacob, but written from the perspective of the women (like Rebecca and Leah). Really interesting if you know bible stories at all (and its NOT a religious book at all).

Read the Tolkein stuff so long ago - my dad had a first addition hardcover with these big ass pull out maps in the back - he taught me to read using them :)

Wow, you read the Red Tent? It's actually one of my company's best-selling titles! It's good, and I'm not into religion at all. I just really enjoy stories that take a minor character from some other book and make an entire novel based on them.

Right now I'm almost finished with Pandora by Anne Rice. It's number six, I think, in the Vampire Chronicles. I haven't read her in years; it took a little while to trudge through her flowery writing style, but now I'm enjoying it. When I'm finished I'm re-reading the first three books in the series and then reading all that follow Pandora (I didn't care much for #'s 4 and 5). I hear the latest one is really good!

i wrote down everyones books they seem interesting..

last book i read was about two months ago..

"Chasing The Dragon"

Fucking realy good..

it about an american trying to find the Identity of an Opium Dealer in asia..realy good and the drug parts are great also..

"RIF" Reading is Fundamental

what happened to that commercial.it was the same one for 10 years...the kids hanging by the shore looking at the sea shells and what not...

... thy will be done, thy cyberspace come...

the last thing i actually read cover-to-cover

was 'burning chrome' by william gibson.

what a GREAT collection of stories.

i've started on 'snow crash' by neal stephenson

- pretty cool thus far, but gibson's view of cyberspace

is the real deal.

Originally posted by tastyt

Wow, you read the Red Tent? It's actually one of my company's best-selling titles! It's good, and I'm not into religion at all. I just really enjoy stories that take a minor character from some other book and make an entire novel based on them.

So, do u get a big fat discount! hehe!

Yeah, an old girlfriend of mine recommended it (Red Tent). I was a little skeptical - religious topic, recommended by someone who reads sappy shit, etc.

It was really cool! You forget that Old Testament stories are FULL of sex and violence and doublecrosses, and shit like that! It it was a whole new perspective....

:)

Originally posted by barvybe

So, do u get a big fat discount! hehe!

Yeah, an old girlfriend of mine recommended it (Red Tent). I was a little skeptical - religious topic, recommended by someone who reads sappy shit, etc.

It was really cool! You forget that Old Testament stories are FULL of sex and violence and doublecrosses, and shit like that! It it was a whole new perspective....

:)

Discount! My office is always a mess, I'm drowning in books over here!

Yeah, I love that "whole new perspective" aspect- it's cool reading a contemporary novel that was based on an older one, everything's so much more explicit. As a member of the MTV generation, I need sex and gore or it can't hold my attention, lol!

I just finished reading Darkfall by Dean Koontz. I have read and I own almost all of his books. They are soo good. They are murder/mystery/funky scientific like. Along hte same lines as Stephen King, except kings books tend to be more long winded. The only Stephen King book That I read and actually enjoyde was desperation.