Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Question to Phily CP'ers

vicman

Yo, Im down in DC, just wonderin' what are the good clubs and nights to go out in Phily?

Since its pretty close I would like to explore Phily, plus it gives me another reason to get the hell out of DC once in a while.

And if you've got any questions on DC feel more than free to pop over by the DC board.

Thanx.

Thursdays

- Synergy @ Shampoo with Matt Kling - deep to Progressive house and trance - 11/15/01 Max Graham guest spot- probably about 1,000 people will be there.

Fridays

- Faith Fridays @ Evolution w/ Mike Myers - Trance

Sandra collins on 11/16

-Fantasy Fridays @ Life w/ Donato - Trance

Saturdays

- code red @ Tribecca w/ Christian James - progressive house

I have to agree with bnegs...if your looking for a larger venue shampoo would be the place on a thursday...they finally have something decent going there, and with danny howells (october) and max graham this month...there is a good dose of talent injected...Friday nights or anynight...old city is a good place to go to and just chill check out some of the lounges..moda/proto/maramount/soma/ then the is life and envy in that area if you want bit more of a crowd....then usually late night evo's or tribecca are nice spots till 330...Basically in philly your best bet for good clubbin is to check and see what club is having a special event that week or a 6am party...that venue is usually worth checking out...whatever it may be...

Thanx, really appreciate the info. After a while in DC, from time to time I just wanna get outta town and check out the nightlife somewhere else witout having to mortgage my house :D :D

If you guys are ever around DC, definitely check out the DC board.

i wish i could party in nyc every night i went out. too bad its way more expensive to party up there then down here in philly. and with the philly clubs you know you will get a better nights sleep since they all close earlier then their nyc counterparts, except of course for the afterhours exceptions....

so philly is good to bypass the time inbetween nyc trips which i like to make every couple weeks or so....

sound factory calls this weekend!!!!!!:D

I dj on friday nights till 2 in philly and usually head up to vinyl afterwards... Depends on what you like I guess though. If you like Exit style, or hard house trancey stuff, tons of that in philly for ya, worth checking out. Me personally, prefer twilo or vinyl sounds, having been lucky enough to spin at both... :) but Twilo is R'ing I P... so DT @ Vinyl or an occasional Factory Saturday for me...

Originally posted by jedimaster

Basically in philly your best bet for good clubbin is to check and see what club is having a special event that week or a 6am party...that venue is usually worth checking out...whatever it may be...

Yep, that sounds like philly alright.

Originally posted by housemusic4evr

I dj on friday nights till 2 in philly and usually head up to vinyl afterwards...

NICE...you know i've never been to vinyl yet (and DT is my premier dj, I usually see him in miami but it's not enough). What time does Danny get goin? I just saw him sat. in miami at space (off the f*ckn' chain) I left for the airport from the club at 1pm. Where do ya spin in philly? I just went to centro for the 1st time 11/8 for deepdish (luv'd it)

peace

mj

"Hey vicman, keep on going to NYC. Nothing but white-trash and cheez in Philly."

Your from Florence, NJ: what's it like having to live across the river from the landfill and have to smell all of that garbage all of the time? What excatly is there to do in NJ, let alone Florence?

Originally posted by KingJT19

Hey vicman, keep on going to NYC. Nothing but white-trash and cheez in Philly.

I really don't want to hate on Philly b/c I hang out there a lot, but this is very true. Once you have been to NY you realize that the clubs in Philly really are shady, but as long as you aren't expecting a high class crowd they can be fun, and they are SO much cheaper!

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by danihawk

I really don't want to hate on Philly b/c I hang out there a lot, but this is very true. Once you have been to NY you realize that the clubs in Philly really are shady, but as long as you aren't expecting a high class crowd they can be fun, and they are SO much cheaper!

i am not sure about that....take for example shampoo - one gets in for 15$ (same as in roxy witha JB card which you get for free) and is thrown out at 2 am......whereas in nyc one can party as long as one needs to. + in nyc you can always use clubplanet guestlists to get into upscale clubs and not pay the regular price. forget about philly - it's all blue collar as a friend of mine said!:(

Guys I am wondering... how is Shampoo cause I go to Philly a lot and I always want to go there. Does Robbie Tranco still DJ there- I think he was a resident... I can't remember- I met him over the summer at the shore and he said that was his primary place. I really want to get to Shampoo and see him there if he still spins there, but then some people tell me Shampoo is cheesy... I don't know, give me your opinions! I think I am coming to Philly sometime in January when I have a few days off.

:)

Originally posted by StArBrYte

Guys I am wondering... how is Shampoo cause I go to Philly a lot and I always want to go there. Does Robbie Tranco still DJ there- I think he was a resident... I can't remember- I met him over the summer at the shore and he said that was his primary place. I really want to get to Shampoo and see him there if he still spins there, but then some people tell me Shampoo is cheesy... I don't know, give me your opinions! I think I am coming to Philly sometime in January when I have a few days off.

:)

my friend was there last night and told me it really sucked...it all depends on the night though

Check out Shampoo on Thursday nights. Top shelf open bar, great trance sounds upstairs with resident dj Matt Kling and downstairs with dj's Tripp and Kwestion spinning hip hop. The people that go there Thursdays are really cool and friendly. My friends and I have never had a bad time there. Hopefully, you shouldn't either. Thursdays are definitely the best night to check Shampoo out, though. And about Robbie Tronco, not sure which night he spins.

AKAangieM is right Thursdays at Shampoo are great. Really good progressive sets from Matt Kling on the main floor and hip hop downstairs. There have been guest DJs recently like Danny Howells, Max Graham and Joshua Ryan. Luis Diaz will be there this Thursday 12/27.

Tronco spins on Fridays and Saturdays

Peace

Originally posted by bnegs

AKAangieM is right Thursdays at Shampoo are great. Really good progressive sets from Matt Kling on the main floor and hip hop downstairs. There have been guest DJs recently like Danny Howells, Max Graham and Joshua Ryan. Luis Diaz will be there this Thursday 12/27.

Tronco spins on Fridays and Saturdays

Peace

Oh cool then I would want to go when Robbie Tronco is spinning- the first (and only) time I heard him at the shore I thought he was out of control!!!! If you guys like Max Graham he is going to be at Hunka Bunka on Thursday 12/27... I know it's kind of a drive for everyone but it's gonna be a good time!

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!!! :D

Tronco is one of the hands down best DJ's in the world skillz wise. He is an amazing mixer, probably the best I've ever seen, even though musically, my sound is more towards the DT tip. However I can say that they've become a lot closer lately, with Robbie playing tracks like the Missy Elliot remix, Feel this 2001 the last time I saw him.... If youve never heard him and are into music, DEFINITELY go and hear him on a Saturday, thats the happening night there, Friday if you're gay. Yes, it's Philly and you have to deal with a lot of posers and people who think 'they're the shit' but its a decent time.

I spin Fridays at this lounge called 'spice'. Its a cool little spot, GREAT (I mean GREAT! I ate there last week) food and I have freedom to play what I want so youll hear some groovy underground tunes. This Thursday I'm playing at Filter 14, then in January I'll be at Leopard Lounge and back at Lunatarium for a really big party brewing there. I played in the lounge last weekend and it was kinda dead, but the promoters liked my sound and are throwing a big party in January. Great underground spot if you havent been there, its just kind of spotty, people only come to bigger events.

Originally posted by miamijosh

NICE...you know i've never been to vinyl yet (and DT is my premier dj, I usually see him in miami but it's not enough). What time does Danny get goin? I just saw him sat. in miami at space (off the f*ckn' chain) I left for the airport from the club at 1pm. Where do ya spin in philly? I just went to centro for the 1st time 11/8 for deepdish (luv'd it)

peace

mj