Clubplanet Nightlife Community

another CLUB downtown ...THIS TIME ITS "EXILE"

beyondo

well liquid here you have it .........this is your direct competition to be the "bomb of the season" among clubs.

i was having dinner earlier tonight at the beach and i saw some flyers for this club.

i couldnt help laugh at its slogan "exile nightclub....Music with no rules" hahahahah

i think it should be "Exile nightclub ...music with no talent."

now i know i should give it a chance and all that nonsense but i think this place will have more bombs than Afganistan AND Liquid combined.

Its so bad they will have Taliban nights on Wednesdays.

whats up with the name exile??

is this where they will have Exile protests in the future??

Alex Penelas will make is anti castro speeches from there?

Is americas favoritte Exile Little Elian Gonzalez working the Door?

:eek::laugh::eek::laugh:

Beyondo, you're scaring me...you're predictions made in sarcasm are in line with some of mine...

Anyway, I was checking out their website and it looks like the place is going to be Downtown's answer to Baja. There's such features as reggae nights, and a lot of hip-hop/RnB stuff...they may have one or two nights that this crowd will like, but that's kind of unlikely...

Check out their site for a quick laugh...

wow Pod lately we have been coming around to some of the same thoughts......but still some differences (whew)

well i didnt even know about thier web site .i just simply saw a flyer and could see a bonb right throught it ...

i mean that slogan is a bit cocky without anything to back it up

GA2 I loooove that Walter Mercado picture ...my grandma swears by him ...sometimes she quotes him for me....

Marsbar wasnt all that bad like in 93 94 ....they played rock alternative and stuff...wouldnt wanna go back to it now but hey....

Originally posted by beyondo

well liquid here you have it .........this is your direct competition to be the "bomb of the season" among clubs.

i was having dinner earlier tonight at the beach and i saw some flyers for this club.

i couldnt help laugh at its slogan "exile nightclub....Music with no rules" hahahahah

i think it should be "Exile nightclub ...music with no talent."

now i know i should give it a chance and all that nonsense but i think this place will have more bombs than Afganistan AND Liquid combined.

Its so bad they will have Taliban nights on Wednesdays.

whats up with the name exile??

is this where they will have Exile protests in the future??

Alex Penelas will make is anti castro speeches from there?

Is americas favoritte Exile Little Elian Gonzalez working the Door?

:eek::laugh::eek::laugh:

I just want to ask you a quick question. If Exile can tap into the "uncool crowd" and pull 2000 heads a night, what makes them a failure? I think some of you think that the 5000 or so people who go to Space, LEVEL, Crobar and a few other trendy lounges are the only people who go to clubs. Personally it would be a breath of fresh air to go to a place a hear some good Reggae, RnB and Latin Music.

There is over 1 million people in South Florida. I'm sure Exile will find their niche.

Terry Mac

Originally posted by meng

Another Baja....this place will be surely filled by people that like to add an "s" at the end of the names of clubs...They will be going to the new "Bajas" or remember "Marsbars"?......how about "Chili Peppers"?

LOL that is so true! They even do that to the freaking bookstore's name......you ever notice that 95% of the population in Miami calls Barnes & Noble "Barnes & NobleS?"

Originally posted by patrickl

LOL that is so true! They even do that to the freaking bookstore's name......you ever notice that 95% of the population in Miami calls Barnes & Noble "Barnes & NobleS?"

I've heard "Millers Beer", as well.

Terry, the crowd is not uncool in the sense that they listen to different stuff than we do, it's just that the marketing angle this club is going for is for the thug element it seems. The flyers seem to feature this hoochied-up mamacita and a decked-out Hummer with some sparkly rims. It just says tacky...so forgive us if we decide to come down on it.

Originally posted by pod

Terry, the crowd is not uncool in the sense that they listen to different stuff than we do, it's just that the marketing angle this club is going for is for the thug element it seems. The flyers seem to feature this hoochied-up mamacita and a decked-out Hummer with some sparkly rims. It just says tacky...so forgive us if we decide to come down on it.

Thing is Pod, that crowd has money that's just as green as the "cool crowd." I'm sure their money goes to the bank just like the "trendy's" money does. They don't and can't hangout at all the "Ibiza wannabe's" so someone had the brains to build a club for them to spend their hard earned cash in.

Like I stated before, Exile will have their niche and I'm sure they'll bank just as hard as every other club. Don't be surprised if you see another club that opens up Downtown where they cater to a different crowd other than the "thuggish" crowd or the "Cosmo-picture in magazines" crowd. This is Miami man. The big melting pot. Everyone has to have some place to go where they feel comfortable.

Last I checked every Puffy Party is drenched in "Cris". That shit ain't cheap, ya know???

Terry Mac

Sure. Every club has its niche.

Big deal?

Mafia people/gangsta rappers make good money -- money that works as well as everyone else's -- but the neighbors still bitch when they move into the 'hood.

And that's why people are talking 'bout exiling EXILE.

If it turns out to be anything even close to what it's /trying/ to be, I'm sure that I'll be doing the same in short time.