Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Toughest door person in NYC?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha! This is so funny because what you guys are saying is so true...

My b/f used to go around to the gay side of Limelight and try to act gay to get in. Eventually Fernando caught on and told my b/f and his best friend to kiss.

After that the gig was up.

Overall I would have to say that Darryl is nicer than Fernando (at least in my experience)

And Paris, she can't be picky, the management won't let her, they want to make $ at Factory. She can not be nearly as picky as she would like to be.

Originally posted by codica3

I hear Paris.. but I've never had a problem with her.. the woman's got class, and if you ain't got it, then you shouldn't be going to Factory!!

UHHH....what ever happened to going to a club for the MUSIC!!!! Sry if I'm not a meathead or some corny bitch that can't even walk in her shoes. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by divalicious

I think door people need to start getting tough.

I loved Kenny Ken from the old Limelight... All the half-assers would be told to, "Go to the club around the corner, they'll let you in dressed like that!"

I'm not at all the pretentious type... I was just as comfortable at Twilo, Exit or Factory. The way I see it, if you want to come out and play at certain clubs, you have to dress/act properly!

OMG MO!! You are soooo right! Kenny Ken back in 96 was off the hook! He used to always compliment my outfit or suggest a certain shade of MAC that I should buy.. too damn funny..

Remember Linda Love? Oh lordie, she made Paris look like Barney! lol

Paris is also tough...

Originally posted by davidny

I'm sorry but you are all wrong...

ANGEL. hands down the best, toughest, funniest door gut to ever work the NYC club scene.

hahaha

yup.. definetly agree.. just always had this like angry look on his face.. and defiently was mad funny when he abused people :laugh:

paris really isn't that tough.. jmo though..

Wow, some names from the past:

Kenny Kenny and Aphrodite.

Limelight '94 is where I first started promoting.

Since I'm a promoter, I really never have any problems with door people.

I remember I used to go into the gay entrance at Tunnel to get in free in '96 and Paris used to fuck with me cuz she knew I was straight.

But she always let me in.

Some of the BEST door people:

Kenny Kenny

Aphrodite

Paris

Chris Willard

Mike and Jamie Morrisey

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by tommy-c

The one short older guy @ Exit is a dick...the guy usually on the regular line. One time he made me tuck in my gold chain and another time he told me not to wear this one fur Phat Farm jacket again. He said next time leave it home. WTF is up with that. Paris herself is one tough girl. Ive tried to get in early Sunday morinings but no luck. If she likes you then you have no problems.

lol you deff sound like a rookie.. hahahaha no offence..

I would say Aphrodiety (or how ever you spell it) the one who use to do the door at twilo sats..

Paris i would say was a harsh door person hmm maybe like 2+ yrs ago... Hardly anymore... And harsh or mean dont mean them not letting you in with ur fake id.. LMAO i see some pretty fukkin funny shit sometimes... Like these freaks with there High School id.. like come on.. atleast borrow a brothers or sisters.. its there job to weed out fake id's and underage.. you forget how big of a fine that is to pay 500$+ per person..

Tough door person= A door person who wont let you in becasue your 'ugly' or dont have the 'look' even though your dressed nice, not in a large group and have equil amounts of men and women and everyone is dressed to impress....

I never been there but i rememeber a friend telling me how aubar use to hand pick off the line when they first opened...

Originally posted by JoelB

Darell and Fernando, holding it down. I've seen them fuck with straight people to no end... and they were vicious on the people leaving tunnel who would try to get into JR... not tonight!! not with those pants!! how old are you, 12? this is a gay party, sorry. lolol

-j B ;-)

Darell luved me ;)

I loved Kenny Ken from the old Limelight... All the half-assers would be told to, "Go to the club around the corner, they'll let you in dressed like that!"

OH MY GOD... You beat me to it!! I was just going to post that...OH the butterflies I used to get when I was next on line for Disco2000. I miss those days!

Now, I don't think ANYONE is as tough they used to be or should be for that matter... thats why the only one(s) you ever see "dressed" is Kevin Aviance or Anthony Lamont!

Kenny Ken.

For such a strict doorman, why is it that he always looks like he got his clothes out of a dumpster? And his makeup is horrible!

I've seen that guy let in schleps while he turned away beautiful and well dressed people.

(I'm convinced he was picked on in school by the "popular" kids and this is his revenge!!! ;) )

I really don't see whats so tough about Paris...I know she likes to make a specticle of herself and the clueless people on line, but the point that was made is a good one, you cant be picky with such a big club. And as many people I have seen get thrown off the line, Ive seen double the amount inside who were much worse dressed. Angel was a funny motherfucker, and never forgot a face....he kept a good door. For today....I dont really think that any one place can keep that strict a door anymore because the crowds are so fickle. If I had to pick Id say Lotus and suite 16 have the toughest door, but you can buy your way into both places with a table.

I'm not at all the pretentious type... I was just as comfortable at Twilo, Exit or Factory. The way I see it, if you want to come out and play at certain clubs, you have to dress/act properly!

i am deff agreeing with her cause it is that simple i u wanna go some places act the part othe wise y even bother going and alot of places do need to get stricter

• 2 weeks later...