Clubplanet Nightlife Community

who wasnt a dancer there first time...

Iam wondering who else wasnt a dancer there first time to a club... I can say i was. At first i was the one to observe from the sides talking to other people while my friends got down and dirty... One day i had enough of watching my boys have the time of their lives dancing. I told one of my boys to teach me some moves and it all started from there....

but i still have a lot to learn!!!!

anyone else have this type of experience????--->:)

i was the same way...lol...couldnt dance and watched from the outside wanting to dance but was too scared to embarras myself so now i learned a few steps and my friends tell me they want to dance like i do...but... i think i still have lots to learn i there is always room for improvement. also i think its the alcohol that makes me dance cause when im not feeling the alcohol i feel like i cant dance as good as when im tipsy.

When I first started going out I was a horrible dancer. And when I attempted to dance I would force my moves, and I would just wind up fucking up and getting tired really quick. It took me a while to get some rhythm, then I started to feel the music and let it run through me. After that the moves started flowing more naturally and I started busting out with some really good shit. But even then it took me a while to REALLY feel the music and realize that it has to flow through my entire body, not merely my legs. Alot of it had to do with self consciousness, but now I just let loose; I don't give a fuck who's around. House music brings out a FUCKIN animosity in me that waits to be released all week. I remember the first song I REALLY went all out to was Future Primitive's "Lightning." Getting down to that shit on the floor at the old Freedom in the Hampton Bays used to be so fucking phat. DJ Rob James would have that place bouncing off the walls well into the afternoon hours when they first opened up.

xxdonxlavitoxx

also i think its the alcohol that makes me dance cause when im not feeling the alcohol i feel like i cant dance as good as when im tipsy.

I think were currently on the same page... i sometimes dont feel the music as much as i would with a couple of long island ice teas... slowly it wont be needed. :D :D

Originally posted by maxx330

Iam wondering who else wasnt a dancer there first time to a club... I can say i was. At first i was the one to observe from the sides talking to other people while my friends got down and dirty... One day i had enough of watching my boys have the time of their lives dancing. I told one of my boys to teach me some moves and it all started from there....

but i still have a lot to learn!!!!

anyone else have this type of experience????--->:)

same here... i still have a lot to learn though, i look like that blossom girl (mayim bialik) pepped up on e, jumping around like a maniac.. lol...

Originally posted by maxx330

I think were currently on the same page... i sometimes dont feel the music as much as i would with a couple of long island ice teas... slowly it wont be needed.---->:D :D

see with alcohol everything sounds like house and trance...

merengue on alcohol sounds like pure hard trance

salsa on alcohol sounds like house

hip hop pn alcohol sounds like merengue which since im drunk sounds like alcohol

r&b sounds like hip hop which sounds like....you get the idea right?

i guess its like ugly girls, when your drunk they seem like they are sooooo hot once the alcohol starts leaving your system they become into a werewolf again!!!:jawdrop::eek::jawdrop:

I can honestly say that I have no dance skills other than keeping to the beat and even then, sometimes, I miss a beat.

I have never been one to stay on the sidelines and don't care what other people think about the way I dance.

I go to clubs to dance and if in turn my lack of skills makes someone laugh, then my night is worthwhile.

SK13

Originally posted by rudeboyyouth

House music brings out a FUCKIN animosity in me that waits to be released all week.

why? when i hear good music it usually makes me :) not :mad:

when i first started going out i was a sucky dancer. but one point of my personality is that i never care much for what people around me think. so i just moved to the music w.o worrying about making a fool of myself and got the hang of it very quickly.

i don't think i am a bad dancer. i don't think im "learning". i just go w. the flow. sometimes though i go out and i am not in the mood to dance at all so i dont. i never force myself to dance if i dont feel the music.

I rememebr first going to a club.....couldnt dance for shit and I went with friends who have been clubbing for like a year or 2...this was like a lil over 5 years ago....but...I remember...all I did was just jump up and down....LoL..then I started watching other ppl...got into glowsticks and lights ansd what not....then as I got older...got more into the dance scene...I learned alot of moves from Vivacious....alot of moves from watching ppl...plus...as time goes on..you just create your own moves.....I just love music

Originally posted by simonvanity

I rememebr first going to a club.....couldnt dance for shit and I went with friends who have been clubbing for like a year or 2...this was like a lil over 5 years ago....but...I remember...all I did was just jump up and down....LoL..then I started watching other ppl...got into glowsticks and lights ansd what not....then as I got older...got more into the dance scene...I learned alot of moves from Vivacious....alot of moves from watching ppl...plus...as time goes on..you just create your own moves.....I just love music

LMAO simon you still cant dance.. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

jk!

Hey i just started dancing like a year ago... i usually just stood around talking listening to the music.. conversating and shit..

i been clubbin for about 5yrs.. 3yrs in the electronic genre scene..

Originally posted by simonvanity

you dont dance like vivacios. :confused: but i'd like to see you try. :laugh: :laugh:

I remember the first night I went clubbing, my friends had to force me on the dance floor. I only danced for like 3-4 minutes. Cause I would be so embarrassed. And then came a phase where I only could dance if I was drinking, cause it would loosen me up. Now I just don't give a fuck. As I think back to that first night I went clubbing and didn't want to dance, I'm thinking now. "What the fuck was I thinking??"

Bkissa,

I never said House Music made me angry, I said it brings out an animosity within me that waits to be released all week; meaning, it already exists.

And for those of you who love to really rip shit up on the floor, you know very well that animosity is not a bad thing. Animosity when dancing does not imply hatred and anger, and the right amount of animosity helps me get OPEN.

Originally posted by rudeboyyouth

Bkissa,

I never said House Music made me angry, I said it brings out an animosity within me that waits to be released all week; meaning, it already exists.

And for those of you who love to really rip shit up on the floor, you know very well that animosity is not a bad thing. Animosity when dancing does not imply hatred and anger, and the right amount of animosity helps me get OPEN.

~~ i totally understand what ur saying

with me its like somketimes music puts me in an awesome state of mind like i cant be touched and all i want to do is dance..like ill listen to one of my cd's on monday get all amped waiting for friday and then friday i release all the energy!!!!!!!!!:D

:laugh: :laugh:

I would never dance and my first couple of months going out I was soo intimidated by everyone.....Believe it or not I was very conservative......then I started drinking and dancing and having a good time.....THree Years later I am a F'in Animal!!

Can't stop dancing.....and love doing it sober and don't mind it when friends leave me by myself!!

Guess I am getting old....but will never stop dancing

Being that i was forced into dance school as a child i was always a great dancer. It seems like the more i go out these days the less i dance and the more i mingle. I tend to dance alot more towards ends of the night when less people are around. I just feel more free. Alcohol makes it easier to go crazy for me but only a buzz. I hate being sloppy drunk.