Clubplanet Nightlife Community

So what's with all the Vicious haters all of the sudden???

karch

Up till a month ago. Everyone was like Johnny this Johnny that. Now everyone's hatin.. I dunno. Sorry he doesn't play what DT plays. I'm glad he doesn't. Cause it seems like everyone is attempting to emmulate DT's style. Johnny has his own style, and I think he's the man for not being a follower. Johnny will always be my favorite DJ in my book. And to tell you the truth. I'm that hot about the crowd at Roxy. Johnny is the sole purpose why I go to Roxy every Friday. Yeah sure he throws in a couple cheesy songs a night. I even laugh a little when I hear them. But he's trying to make everyone happy in there. Johnny's music is what got me in the scene and Johnny's music is what's keeping me here. From Tunnel to Hunka Bunka to SF to Roxy and where ever he is. Vicious will always be my favorite DJ.

Originally posted by karch

Up till a month ago. Everyone was like Johnny this Johnny that. Now everyone's hatin.. I dunno. Sorry he doesn't play what DT plays. I'm glad he doesn't. Cause it seems like everyone is attempting to emmulate DT's style. Johnny has his own style, and I think he's the man for not being a follower. Johnny will always be my favorite DJ in my book. And to tell you the truth. I'm that hot about the crowd at Roxy. Johnny is the sole purpose why I go to Roxy every Friday. Yeah sure he throws in a couple cheesy songs a night. I even laugh a little when I hear them. But he's trying to make everyone happy in there. Johnny's music is what got me in the scene and Johnny's music is what's keeping me here. From Tunnel to Hunka Bunka to SF to Roxy and where ever he is. Vicious will always be my favorite DJ.

I am with you 100%!! I was gonna post something to this nature but you beat me to it. Fuck all the haters! I am also sick of the same people saying Roxy sux and they don't like johnnys style.. If you don't like it - Don't Go! End of story.

Originally posted by illlogik

I am with you 100%!! I was gonna post something to this nature but you beat me to it. Fuck all the haters! I am also sick of the same people saying Roxy sux and they don't like johnnys style.. If you don't like it - Don't Go! End of story.

Exactly! I mean some people seem to go, just so they can come on cp and post negative comments week after week.:bigfinger

Whenever I go to Roxy I have alot of fun chilling with my fellow CPers and dancing my ass off. I am not a big fan of Viscious, but that doesn't mean I am going to bash him either... he is good at what he does. Besides... Roxy has these really comfy leather couches that I could easily curl up and fall asleep in (if it wasn't for the bass pounding in my ears). I definately agree that people should not insult Viscious if it was their choice to be there. IF YOU DON'T LIKE ROXY THEN DON'T FAWKIN GO!!! enuf said.

Originally posted by sonicinfusion

i dont like him at all !!! since day one !!

not at all my style

it has to be deep , dark and progressive and now breaks are getting into me !!!

and that's totally fine that his music isnt ur style. everyone has their taste. but all the people on this board bash a dj just cuz its not their style. because u dont like someone's music, doenst mean they suck. i personally dont like the kind of music paul oakenfold spins. but i know that he's a talented dj, one of the best. and i'd never come on the boards sayin i think he sux. cuz i dont, he has skill, alot of it, but its my taste in music

i agree with you guys, i love johnny V. too his music is great. he is a great guy too. don't matter what club he is at i will still go and support him. but i wish he had a bigger venue. i think people are starting to crack on roxy cause it is just one main room. if johnny was at exit. then i don't think people would crack about the club, cause they can go into other rooms and here differnt music. but also get to hear johnny. but i don't know. i love johnnys music. his new cd. fuckin off the hook. i just don't like when people hate on him cause he played a song that isn't his style. who are you guys to say what style he is. let him decide. he has been spinning for a long time now, and times have changed over the years. and so has the music. well next week mad myles and i am sooo there. then tiesto back at exit. going to be a hot couple of weeks.

Jack Z.

I agree with you guys johnny is a good dj he has a unique style, buttttttttttt

i am not feeling the club. I don't like the Roxy. I can't get comfortable in the space. Like first time i went to Tunnel i felt like i lived there. It is just not a club for me but i still stop in to hear music though

Originally posted by jennEfer

Whenever I go to Roxy I have alot of fun chilling with my fellow CPers and dancing my ass off.

Roxy has these really comfy leather couches that I could easily curl up and fall asleep in (if it wasn't for the bass pounding in my ears).

Hell yeah! CP people rule! Roxy has awesome couches... BANG BANG BANG BANG. Ahhh... The couches in the VIP room are awesome too, but I don't think I could ever curl up and sleep on any of them. At least not unless I manage to clear all the dirty images out of my head. :eek: Nasty! PEace

I love Vicious but his sets at Roxy just haven't blown me away yet. Opening night was good but i was mad drunk so i don't tatally remember. When he was on before Derb he was pretty ill as well.

I was just mcuh more impressed with his set at Factory over the summer, and even Zachary's on thanksgiving. I never caught him at tunnel but i have one of his sets from Tunnel and it is off the fawkin meter. I have faith that he will blow my mind one of these days...

Originally posted by Chrisbugg

I agree with you guys johnny is a good dj he has a unique style, buttttttttttt

i am not feeling the club. I don't like the Roxy. I can't get comfortable in the space. Like first time i went to Tunnel i felt like i lived there. It is just not a club for me but i still stop in to hear music though

Roxy was great....when they were lettin people in for free... but now, especially now that roxy is gonna have some competition (meaning real dj's @ exit on fridays), its not gonna be the same...

oh...and btw...vicious is sick....i think he's a great dj....im just talkin about the club :)

ok heres the way i see it....johnny is the friggin man, not only did he comp us all for his bday, AND the week after, but he also hooked us up for those sexy VIP cards. he is an awesome dj, and he is cool as shit, not a big head at all, unlike some other djs we all know of. even if he has an off night here and there, ill still be down for roxy.

heh I don't think it's really all of the sudden, some people

never liked him although I always thought he was pretty

good if you liked his style. BUT I think you're mixing that

up a little with people who just don't like the Roxy party.

Although I think one kind of feeds on the other with some

people. I do think he might have slightly changed his style

though more recently.

:cool:

Originally posted by smokesum

Cause Draper is gone.

I say we all stop the hate and just acknowledge that every DJ out there contributes in some way to the scene.

Wow, I totally agree with the DJ contributing idea.. very well said!!

And as for me, I still love my Vicious!! :D :D :D